Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

Contacts/Roller Coasters?
Okay, so i where contacts and as some of you know Cedar Point has some VERY high powered roller coasters, i was wondering if it would hurt my eyes wearing contacts while going on those roller coaster....

Contact Wearers!!?
I'm so dumb with contacts it seems. I took
a 30 minute class learning to use them..I have no
trouble getting them in, it's out. I feel like I'm
taking them out with ...

My eyes are two different sizes?
i have asian eyes and my right eye seem to be bigger than my left. its like the crease on my left eye fold in more? im not really sure how to explain it but it looks similar to this..

Eye contact help pleases help I'm so scared?
my contact is stuck in my left eye after I slept with it in for 4 hours now I can't even see it does anyone have any tips to get it to come to the surface. Please help I'm not sure what to ...

Are Contact Lenses Safe?
My dad says that i'll go blind from wearing them. is it true?...

Eye Contact problemm!! HELP!?
Hi. i wear contacts and my 30 days were up so i opened up a new pack.

this was like a week or two ago.
and i can not were one of the contacts.
it is just so uncomfertable. its ...

My vision is blurring in the mirror?????? [im starting to get kinda freaked now.....]?
ok so a few months ago my right eye started, like twitching. More like, pulsing...? Well on my eyelid it looks like my eye kinda has like a heart in it cause it like "pulses" to my heart ...

Laser eye surgery?????
i want to have this done but i dont know any effects or anything...got any ...

How long is an eye glass perscription good for?

Allergies and contacts- Medication? Eye drops?
I'm going to get contacts, but I have allergies. I've heard it won't work for people with allergies, but how about with daily allergy medication? Or couldn't you just take the ...

Is it possible to order a trial pair of contact lenses by just mailing my perscription?
and not having to go through my doctor to get them?

what contact companys do that? and I have a ...

16 year old with 20/30 vision... do i need glasses?
and one eye is slightly more higher than the other(as in the eye itself)...

Out of contact solution?
Should I just sleep with my contacts in or put them in water?
They are soft lenses (2-4week disposables)
Additional Details
I can't drive, I just took lunesta....

If i put my contacts and eyeliner on when i have an eye infection do u think it will get worst?
ok so i went 2 the docs and he said i had an eye infection due 2 my makeup! that was yesterday!! can i wear my contacts now its been a day my eye is not red anymore its normal!! can i wear a new pack ...

Glasses or contacts?
I'm near-sighted and I have been using glasses for almost two years and I still feel very uncomfortable with them.

My optician told me that I should wear them all the time, but since I...

Okay, stupid eye twitching!!?
Omfg, okay my right eye has been twitching ALL day long and its driving me nuts!! is there something wrong with me, why is it doing this?? i was like, WTF, im mental, lol....

Problems- Lasik Eye Surgery?
What problems may arise after the procedure I plan on getting it in about 3-4 years.

Is it safe?...

Can eye color change for Indians? (naturally)?
I have dark brown eyes but wondering if I can change them naturally, no contacts or eye ...

How long does it usually take to get used to new glasses...just got progressive bifocals yesterday...?

Dad and contacts?
*sigh*
ok, so i'm 13 years old, and I've had glasses since 6th grade.
I also have extremely bad vision [-6 in both eyes]

anyway, i've been talking to my parents ...

Jadetammy84
Proclear contacts - how do I tell which are for my left/right eye???
Hi Guys...

I dunno if I am having a serious dumb moment but I have ordered Proclear shere contacts online - the boxes arrived today but there was no marking on the box to tell me which is for my left and which is for my right eye??

There is no mention of OD, OS or OU on the boxes...normally I relied on my optometrist who would mark on the box with a pen by colouring in the L or R cirlcle on the side of the box.

Very baffled - if anyone can help me I would appreciate it!!

Jade

XRainieX
Rating
It doesn't matter which is for your right eyes or left unless it is specially specified.

Optomatrix
Another reason to rely on your Optometrist. There is a reason they are the doctors. Ordering contacts online can become a dangerous practice! They are not at all concerned with your eye health. If you are a contact lens wearer you should be seeing your Optometrist every year to make sure your eye health is not being compromised. There are many devastating effects on our eyes from contact lens wear and only your Optometrist is going to find them before it is too late.

Anyway, to answer your question. On each box there is a set of numbers. It will say -1.50 and then there will be other numbers. BC 8.4 Diam 14.0 or numbers to that effect. The first number, the -1.50 is your prescription strength. You should have a copy of your Rx if you ordered them. The first number written on your prescription is your right eye, it should be designated as OD. The second number is your left eye, designated as OS. If the doctors office knew you were ordering elsewhere they would also have given you the BC number. It will be an 8. something in most cases. Good luck. And please, see your Optometrist yearly.

Spectacle
Ah, yes...the doctor that you can rely on just got stiffed......

Look on your order and find out what lense was ordered for each eye and then use that box for that eye. If it is too hard to figure out call the company you bought them from. HOPEFULLY they will have someone trained well enough to help you with it.

Footprintz
Do you still have the prescription you used to order them with ?

The first number on it will be OD...that is right eye

If it say's something like - 2.50....then look for that number on the end flap of the box , and mark that box with an R

Then the other box has to be the left.

If you have the same numbers in both eyes, then it doesn't matter which one you use of course.

pixelated
I myself don't use Proclear... but i am a contact lense wearer!

Do you have different prescriptions left and right? or are they the same?
Thats the only way i know which is for either eye - my left eye is weaker than my right.

If its not specifically marked - and they are standard lenses (i.e. not for astigmatism) then they should be fine for either eye, assuming the prescriptions are the same.

If in doubt, email the company you bought yours online with. The people i order mine through are always happy to help!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy