Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

My Optician diagnosed me with allergy-sore eye's-however this morn I woke up with sticky pus.....?
I have been using allergy eye drops (Sodium Cromoglicate 2.0%) as advised since the 30th April. My Optician suggested I went without contacts for a week and then introduce them into my eye for 10 ...

Name of eye doctor?
what's another for an eye doctor without it being an ophthalmologist?...

I have a bad cold, with stuff leaking from my eye, can I wear my contacts? I hate glasses!?
One eye is really bloodshot and watery, and somethings green gooey stuff comes out. Can I wear my contacts, or should I throw out the pair I was wearing and wait until my eye calms down? Thanks!
<...

What will happen to your eyes after sun exposure?
Will the eye colour change?

Or will you gone blind?...

I just got contacts and..?
i know how to put them in and take them out and everything like that.
my eyes are smaller than other peoples. and when i try putting them in my eyes get all "flickery" like my eyes ...

Contact Lens Solution?
What's the best all in one solution for acuvue oasys?...

What color would you consider my eye?
color to be, If some people say I have brown eyes and other people say I have Green eyes, Depending on the light that I'm in?...

Eye Help PLZ?
It's a weird topic, but i see black fuzzy things. They look like just like a model of the bacteria strep. It doesn't bother me, but when i look around it, i can see the things moving. I can ...

Staring at computer screens too much is making my eyes really tired and stressed?
No, I'm not a gamer or anything, just have a LOT of work to do each day that involves staring at my laptop screen.
As a result, my eyes get really sore and stressed, really tired. How can I...

How much do colored eye contacts cost?
I have 20/20 vision but I want to change the color of my ...

My eyes are itching me?
my eyes are itching me and hurting why is that. and what should i do to stop ...

My eyes are blue ish green does that mean that i have hazel eyes?

Eye help please?
I get a glare coming out of lights. The T.V., Comp., and even street lights and lights around the house. I am only 15 years old.

I usualy stay on the computer from around 4 to 7 on the ...

Can i still get glasses even though my eyes arent that bad?
my vision is getting worse but i dont think its that bad but will they still give me glasses, because my eyes are really hurting.
sometimes i just have to close them because they are bugging ...

I enjoy wearing contacts more than my glasses but I have a major problem with my contacts getting really dry??
I've tried different brands of disposable contacts and my eyes still get really dried out and I've tried visine made for contacts. Are there any other options???...

I Just got my contacts, and I need help?
I put them in twice at the contacts place, but I can't get them in again. Any suggestions?????????...

Ive had my right eye twitch now for the past two weeks.....help!!!?
does any one know what causes this and how i can make it stop? it doesn't hurt, but it is extremely irratating and distracting me at work....
blinking makes it worse..... im so frustrated!!!...

Is there anything I should know when I get contacts?
any concerns.......or something?????...

Should I remove my contact lens when I jog or during workout?
I had no idea about this, so just wanted to verify....

What happens if you don't blink for long periods of time?
I assume your eyes dry up but does the drying up cause any immediate or lasting damage?
I'm not planning on trying this out by the way. I like my eyes too much....

K1243
New prescription: transition lenses or antiglare?
I'm nearsighted and need a new pair of glasses. The store recommended I get my glasses with transition lenses AND antiglare coating. However, I'm on a budget and with either option costing me about $150, I need to choose between the two.

I've had transitions for the past 4 years and was satisfied with them, although I found it annoying when they would darken, even on cloudy days or when they would STAY dark for a long time when I came inside on a sunny day. I like that they protected my eyes when I was outside though.

I have no experience with antiglare and thus no clue as to whether they are worth it.

Which option would you recommend, transition or antiglare?

ann1wp
Rating
Antiglare is really nice, but if you can only afford one coating, get transitions. The best way to help preserve your eyesight over the years is to wear sunglasses with UV protection. It's just as important as sunscreen for your skin!

Feather
I get the anti glare on my glasses. When I had transitions they annoyed me and i took them back within 2 months. I would just get the anti-glare and buy the clip on sun-glass lenses.

Optica
if you get anti glare on the transitions then it helps with them re-acting and changing faster. they also dont leave so much of a risidual tint on them when they are inside so i highly recommend both. infact i have never sold a pair of transitions with no anti glare on them. the anti glare is really only going to work for you inside, it tends to cut down the glare by about 50%. the down side is the scratches are easier to see when the lenses are actually scratched but as long as you look after them they should be fine. both have pros and cons but if your looking for the extra protection the transitions are going to do that!!

Footprintz
$ 150,00 for either option ?

You need to shop around !

Dan
I'd never go back to transitions again if I ever choose to order glasses (on contacts now).

They made me look like I was a blindie in the school photo!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy