Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

Easy Question!For ppl who wear contacts?
do u regret getting contacts?
why or why not?...

Is 20/20 considered perfect vision?
My buddy says he has 20/25, he's trying to tell me that his vision is far superior to my 20/20 vision. I'm pretty sure 20/20 is as good as it gets, right?...

I would like glasses... but ....?
Hiya! Merry Christmas :)
Right, I would like glasses, infact, I'd love glasses, I went to the optitions, and I was told my eyes are perfect, so I can't have them.
A friend was ...

Sombody please help me!! i'm a new contact wearer, i have no problems inserting contacts or wearing them?
please tell me how to get them out comfortably help ! help i am ...

Is Laser treatment for eyevision,especially for short sight, successfull ?

Homemade Eyeglass Cleaner?
I am about to get eyeglasses, and I'd like to know what you use to clean your glasses. I thought I'd use rubbing alcohol and water, but I read online that it can hurt anti-reflective ...

What is an appropriate age to try and or wear contacts?
Ive wanted to try them for a long time but my father thinks im too young but im not going to tell my age because I want your true opinion about it. I cannot stand the glasses I wear because ive been ...

Accidentally falling asleep with contact lens on, can it lead to eye problems?
I use soft contact lens, monthly disposables....

Can not wearing glasses lead to other health issues?
I have been wearing glasses ONLY when I drive since December of 06. I lost them mid June and still have not got a new pair. I have noticed over the past few weeks I have been feeling dizzy when I ...

Is there any way you can improve your vision without wearing glasses or contact lenses?
Just curious....

I just bought non-prescribtion color contacts but...?
the lady at the store told me i can only wear them 14 times is that true or can i continue wearing them?if i take good care of them can i wear them ...

I know its not normal but why do i have 2 pupils in one eye?
dotor says that its going to disappear but never did... any help?...

Eye test for glaucoma?
I had an eye test yesterday at the opticians - he made a very thorough examination of my eye & looked inside the eye for ages with the light etc. I realised though that I have never had a test ...

Can I get laser eye surgery in one eye?
Hi. My vision in one eye is good. Like 20/30 i think. But my other eye is bad. I have to get different contacts for each eye, and my eye glasses are different of each side. I want laser eye surgery. B...

Glaucoma eye test?
I recently had a glaucoma test at the hospital and i am certian she told me the pressure behind my right eye was 5 and behind my left eye was 6. does anyone know what this means ? also i have been ...

A contact ripped in my eye. It's possible scratched / ripped eye, what should I do?
I've had the problem before, I've been wearing contacts for 7 years now, and it was usually just 15 minutes of frustration trying to get it out. That is it.

But I guess I got a ...

New eyeglasses question?
I have terrible vision (-8.00). I plan on getting a new pair of eyeglasses soon. I am doing a little research to find out the type of glasses that would be the best for me. I know this will sound ...

How can I tell if I'm wearing 1 of my contact lenses inside out?
It feels fine but my vision isn't as sharp as when I wear glasses. Is that normal? I just got contacts, so I don't know....

In my eyes, my irisis are brown with yellow, is that normal?
It's like this Pupil(black duh) Then Dark brown around the pupil, then it's yellow around the dark brown part...

really weird

No! I DON"T drink lol!...

Contact lense question!?
how do you kno when to throw your old contacts and put in new ones? i mean i kno ur supposed to change them every 3-4(???) weeks...but like how do u kno exactly when? are there symptoms?...

Nicholas
My son's vision is one eye 20/60 and the other one is 20/40. Should I get him glasses at this point?

The Dragon Reborn
Rating
check with an opthamologist instead of leaving it to people here.

Julian Garcia
Rating
yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As soon as possible /c if u wait to long it migh t be too late

Mrs. Diaz
Rating
yes you should!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Max
Rating
Yes.

What that means is that what a normal person can see at 60 feet, your son needs to be much closer (20 feet) to see. The same logic applies to the other eye (how close your son needs to be vs everybody else).

Corrective lenses would be advisable.

squatchimo
Of course you should. Why would you want your kid walking around with blurry vision?

Julie S
Rating
Yes, definitely. With that RX, he could benefit from glasses to see things such as movie screens, blackboards at school, white boards, the television, and so forth without straining his eyes or getting headaches. He might not need to wear them all the time, but he does need them. I don't know if he's near driving age, but he will certainly need them for that as well.

Pedestal42
If the problem is simply that of Rx, he ought to have some glasses.
Essentially to use as he finds useful.

Unless something unusual is going on, such as a risk of developing a squint or a lazy eye, it's much better to work with the idea that "glasses are sometimes useful" rather than the unnecessary hammerblow of "you need glasses".

With one eye at 20/40, his overall vision will be just within the legal minimum for driving, just as a functional example, but he could almost certainly be seeing with much greater clarity. And there will be times when that will make life better and easier.
It doesn't mean wearing them all the time unless he likes the clearer, sharper world the Rx delivers, in which case there's no harm in tthat way round, either.
Take advice on specific use for prolonged reading or computer work: if might not matter either way, or be better to use or not use the glasses, depending on the exact Rx and binocular situation.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, July 25, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy