Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

Is it better to rinse your eyes with warm or cold water?
Say you got shampoo in your eyes, or you're nervous that you might have, so you rinse your eyes out at the end of your shower. Is warm or cold water better? Or does it not make a difference.

Sleeping in contact's ?!?
okay well , im staying the night at my friend kendra's house tonight and i forgot all the things for my contact's .
so what can happen if i sleep in them or what can i do ?

Is it true that to produce a blue eyed baby both parents have to have blue eyes?
i am blue eyed like my dad but my mum and sister are green? it has been playing on my mind for a while now.
Additional Details
peter o - lol bless ...

Do you frequently lose your glasses when you take them off?
It drives me nuts especially at night and I can't see to find them. Is there any solution apart from wearing them on a chain?
Additional Details
Sian - I'm not that bright....

Do you wear eye glasses, would you allow a doctor to take a knife to your eyes, Laysic surgery?
I need glasses, but I don't think I would take a risk of someone taking a knife to my eyes....

Is it true that if you keep your eyes open when you sneeze?
your eyeballs will pop out of your head?...

Are my eyes crossed...or do I have a lazy eye? Lol....pic included. ?
When I was a baby I had crossed eyes. I'm pretty sure I grew out of it, but how would I know? Please let me know if it looks like my eyes are doin' something funky. Thanks. Lol.

What does it mean if I see floaters at the relatively young age of 22?
Its not very common, but usually when I get done doing something like playing sports and getting out of breath I see little black floaters. It also happens when I'm not playing sports if I'...

Color contacts?
ok im getting contacts but i dont know which color to get! any ideas?
this is me
http://s197.photobucket....

Eye Question?
If you can't see from far away does that mean you are 'Near-Sighted' or 'Far-Sighted' I get so confused with that!...

My eye wont stop Twitching?
My right eye has been twitching all day today! I cannot take it anymore....what can I do??...

Can you take a eye out and put in someone elses eye.?
can they do a opertion on your eye and put in someone eles eye....

Is there a difference between prescription & non prescription reading glasses?
for instance can cheap reading glasses harm ...

Can I wear contacts?
I'm getting an eye exam tomorrow at WalMart. I already KNOW my vision is 20/40 or 20/50, so my mom will probably make me get glasses. I don't see anything "blurry," per se, I just ...

I am having trouble reading small print. Should I go and see an optimist? ?

Just recently I've been having a very "Twitchy" left eye - should I be worried?
I think it is the nerve in corner of my eye and I know it probably doesn't look like much but from where I am I feel as though I'm involuntary winking at people!!

Is it stress ...

Have you ever had your eyes tested?
i did today, new glasses ordered....

The screw on my eyeglasses came out...(ultra tiny screw) anyone know of a tool small enough to screw it in?

I want contacts, but my eyes just wont let me get near my eye, is there anything I can do that will make them.

Can you wear contacts if you don't need them?
Can you wear contacts with perfect vision to change your eye color, or are there side effects to it?
Additional Details
1) I haven't bought them yet, so how can I take them out :)<...

WayofLife24
My sister says she can't take off her contacts. could it really stick to the eye that u can't take it off?
what should she do if she can't take them off? go see the doctor?

Andrew C
maybe she means that if she takes them out, she will be blind, so she can't take them out unless she wants to be blind for a while.

idk. i'm trying to be optimistic.

cant_keep_ur_hands_off_of_me
Rating
take her to the doctor u idiot!
they could be stuck to her....and she could become blind!!!!!!!!!!!

la
yes it can stick. She needs to use her rinse and rinse her eye to get it wet,( a steady GENTLE stream in corner of her eye) then try to get it to move rinse again and it should come out a lot easier. If her nails are too long she can scratch her eye so tell her to Relax don't panic and do the above. She shouldn't have to go to the doctor. Just keep trying it will come off it just gets stuck sometimes if they've been left on too long or allergies.Good luck.

marie
Rating
consistanly drop eye drops in the eye and blink....she left them in to long and they dried out.when putting your finger in the eye to get out a dry contact that you just moisened,your finger should be dry not wet with the eye drops. that should help.

IplayadoconTV
Flush those babies out right now. Sterile water, anything like lots of drops, just get them out. Believe me, you do not want to abrade your corneas!

marimar67m
Rating
HAVE HER MOISTEN HER EYES WITH EYE DROPS AND THEN SHE WILL BE ABLE TO TAKE THEM OF.. IT'S HAPPEN TO ME..BEFORE...

Altay_H
There are certain chemicals that will cause contacts to permanently fuse to eyes, but these are not exactly common chemicals. It's an unlikely scenario, but it is possible. I have no idea what you would do about it, but I would suggest taking her to a doctor.

Steven D
All contacts are removable. Possibly, she has "dry eye" and needs to flush them with an eye solution. If that doesn't work then it's a trip to the Dr's

Butrfly
Rating
yahoo123,
Yes, they sure can!! I dont remember what my sister used to do when her's did this,but they do eventually come off some way or another. I think they have to just get them good and wet with their solution they use to get them out with . Just ask her to try that. Or to go to her optomotrist right away. You sound like a very caring brother. This is very nice of you to be there for her. I would ask her if you can do anything to help her in anyway, while she's enduring this painful problem. Good Luck, to the both of you!!

glassesguru
Rating
Yes, ASAP. They can get stuck, and it is painful, but it can cause oxygen deprivation to the eye.

Megan C
it can if the eye drys out. your suppose to add drops to your eyes throughout the day. easy solution have her put lots of drops in her eyes and then try to take out the contacts. if no drops use water...

Sudoku Player
Rating
This happened to me!! I wanted to cry and my eye was red (I was literally pinching it!). I thought maybe I had lost it, but I could see the rim on my eye. This happens when they dry out. All I did was let lots of water run in my eye and eventually it slipped off! That was the LAST pair of contacts I ever wore...that will never happen to you when you wear glasses! Good Luck!!!

♪♥I LOVE MY CHIHUAHUA!♥♫
yes its possible if your eyes get to dry, have her try yawning or putting the drop stuff you use on your contacts in her eyes. Trust me i wear contacts and it happens, but it only lasts a short time. its never permanent. Good luck and hope this helps!

pyropossumkitty
Rating
I've had that problem, particularly if I try to take them out first thing in the morning, or after a really hard crying bout. Tell her to rinse her eyes with saline solution, or her storage solution, it should help.

chubbyismine
Rating
they will come off i sleep in mine for a few months cuz its hard for me to get them out too it takes me about 5mins to get them out even w/. drops so she just has to work at it :D

enjeygotstyle
Yeah i think its best to consult a doctor if no one near you has experience about it...Though i don't usually wear contacts, i think it is easier to remove them with very dry finger-tips. So after you wash your hands, you should dry them really well..

LoLa
Rating
Don't worry, this happened to me before!
If you sleep with your contacts on, or if your eyes get dry, then this happens. Tell her to pour a few drops of her contact solution into her eyes (its safe!) That will make them come out =)

Slim
Rating
did she try putting some drops in to make them moist and then try to take them off? Maybe her eyes are just so dry

Count Chocula
yes it can happen, I'm not sure what my daughter does, but try flooding the eye with contact solution, maybe it will loosen it up

The InGLeSH MaYJuR
Rating
it can especially if youve been exposed to ammonia in which case you should see a doctor about that, other wise they might just be dry

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy