Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

Slept in contacts, eye hurts..help?
eep, I never did this before, but I slept in my contacts by accident last night. I woke up and immediately removed them, used eye drops, and held and ice cube on my eyelids until the soreness and ...

Is it possible to damage your cornea?
I hopped out the shower this morning and looked in the mirror and notices a gel like substance on my eye as i closed my eye it moved slightly.I have been getting irratating pains in this eye and the ...

How is a lazy eye formed???
im ...

Is $500 too much to pay for glasses?
I've been wearing contact lenses for about ten years and I decided to get a pair of glasses for work. I bought a good pair, the ones that I wanted, with the extras. A co-worker said him and his ...

Vision problem.....?
I always go to the eye doctor, I wear glasses, a mild raeding presciption. Last month I started noticing a dark spot, or floater in my right eye. It has only been three months since I saw the eye ...

Getting contacts- need advice!
I'm getting my first pair in a few hours, and is there anything I have to know? Will they have me put them on right there? Any tips to make stuff easier? I know I shouldn't be scared, just ...

I have 20/30 vision, should I get glasses for reading/driving?

I have been seeing a black dot in my left eye for almost 3 months now. Its motionless, what is it?
I have been seeing this black dot in the center of vision of my left eye for almost 3 months. Its motionless, as in, it doesnt float around my eye and is always in the same spot no matter which ...

My Eye Color???
ok so my eyes are like a mid brownish color....can you guys give me websites that i can use, a type of contact to put in my eye that i can changes my eye color....i dont need them to be prescription.....

My son's left eye's pupil is bigger, should I be worried?
My son is 3yrs old and his eye does not stay like that permanently only occasionally, he has had no head injuries......

Something in my eye - PLEASE HELP!?
My eye wont stop irritating me and its causing me aggony :(
it feels kinda like an eye lash and scratching onthe top of my eye lid.
ive already moved abit of blak stuff frm my eye (after ...

Do I need glasses when one eye is perfect and I can see fine?
The other eye is worse but I can see easily if I look out of both eyes, and if I get glasses won't it make my bad eye worse?
Additional Details
i only ever get headaches when I wear ...

I'm out of my Contact Solution. Help?
I'm out of my contact solution and my parents are asleep and can't drive to a store. What am I going to do?...

Getting Contacts For the First Time?
I recently just got contacts (have a trial pair for the moment until my follow-up appointment). It is hard for me to insert and remove them because I keep blinking and I get nervous. I was just ...

Do you need to wear glasses? Why?
I need glasses because I have amblyopia. You?...

Help I can't get my contacts on! any advice!?
I am trying to get my contacts for the first time. I am 13 and I have already ordered them but every time I go in to the doctors and try to get my contacts on I freak out.

I always get ...

Should I wear my glasses all the time?
I have glasses for reading stuff that is far away. Like, if I'm in school, reading the blackboard.

So should I wear my glasses all the time so I can see things that are far away? If I ...

Can I clean my glasses with Windex?
I just got them and I'm pretty sure there's likely a special glasses cleaner I should buy (is there??) but in the meantime...is Windex ok? I kind of already used it on one pair.....I just ...

I hate my glasses?
getting new ones just isnt an option right now. i hate the ones that i have but i think it's just that i'm not confident in them... i need help... i feel like whenever i wear them everyone ...

Sleeping with contactss?
yeah so a lot this summer i have fallen asleep with my contacts in my eyes. i mean a wake up fine my eyes don't hurt i put in solution to help. so willll this do anything to my eyes? cause ...

Db F
My eyes are blurry after taking off my glasses, should I keep them on?
I recently had trouble seeing the writing on the board at school and i was told to get my eyes checked. The optometrist said i am short -sighted and that i needed glasses to see. I started using them at school and when i take them off, everything is blurry. Everything is crystal clear with the glasses on. Should I start keeping them on?

Keger E
Rating
I am constantly amazed at the ability of those who suffer from severe mental disability, to figure out how to post a question on yahoo answers.

Daisy D
This is a tricky question. I had this problem. Definitely keep your glasses on because your eyes need some getting used to. But don't get depended on them.

rabbyt
Rating
DUH...

gapeach
Rating
Your vision is blurry when you take them off because your eyes have gotten used to seeing well. You could then experience eyestrain. I don't know what your prescription is, but I would say put them on and leave them on...and besides, it's less hassle

Chelsea
Rating
Well it's best to keep them on. You can see better so it only makes since. When i first got my glasses i felt like a dork kinda so i'd only wear them in class. But that soon ended when i couldn't find my locker in the hallway because i couldn't see. I suggest wearing them all the time. Your eyes ajust to them and when you take them off they can hurt your eyes. Not that they will definatly, but it can.

pj m
Rating
You should keep them on when reading or doing something that requires you to have good vision. For me, I take mine off when I'm driving because I can see the signs and everything fairly well. I need them mostly for reading books and such.

Sometimes glasses can be painful on the bridge of the nose and the corner of the eyes. It's all right to take them off when you don't need them and give your nose a rest.

Thilina Guluwita
Rating
Wash them with clean cold water and wipe off with a towel

Then close your eyes for about 5mins

Stare at something greenish (trees, bushes)

Then you're back on work

mrquestion
Rating
No! I mean, why would you? Just to see? Forget it!

I was being ironic.

bhuneswari.s b
yes

Durp u
You obviously need them, dont take them off or you could damage your eyes

ed s
Rating
of course you should wear them, thats why you got them in the first place, but to keep your eyes from getting worse and if you can do it, dont wear them when reading up close or you will start the process all over again and will need stronger glasses soon enough...(im an optometrist too)

dlunaii
Yes keep them on. The more you take them off the more you are putting strain on your eyes. The more strain that you put on yours eyes, will make your eyes muscles weaker causing your vision to get worse over time.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, October 25, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy