Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

What makes your eyes tear?
i mean how do your eyes know when to cry? i don't get it......

Should I wear glasess all day or just when I need them?
I have just started to wear them...
Additional Details
Yes I have Myopia and my glasses are - .75....

What happens if i wear glasses and i don't need them?

What will happen if i keep my contacts in my eyes?
I have soft contacts, and i know i am not supposed to wear them to sleep, or all the time... but why? i can't do something good for me, if i don't know why... lol. i know that sounds stupid,...

Help with Swelling?
Ok, so my birthday is this friday. The big *21* and I have PINKEYE!!!

The opthamologist said that with the eyedrops she gave me, the redness and swelling *should* go away by friday. Is ...

Bad experience with contact lesnses. Are they safe?
I recently started wearing contacts. A few days ago I had them in and I noticed that my right contact had fallen out or moved because the vision in my right eye suddenly became blurry. But I didnt ...

CONTACTS OR GLASSES? which are better?
I need to know...are conatcs easy to wear?...

LASIK advice?
I have been doing some research on LASIK, and I wanted to get some personal perspectives from those who have had the surgery. Anything and everything you can think of to offer would be greatly ...

What laser eye treatment would you have?

Too much sleep?
i sleep way too much, um...if i go to sleep at 8:00pm and wake up at 6:20 am, i'm still very very tired and sleepy. no matter how much sleep i get, i'm still tired and dazed...

Can you prevent a lazy eye?
If you have a habit of squinting your eyes all the time does that make it possible for you to get lazy eye? And if you can fix it or prevent it, how do you do that?
Additional Details
if ...

I have a 'lazy eye.' Can I get it sorted privately? (I'm in my 40's)?
If I were to have it sorted out privately, how much would it cost?...

Am I imagining things or do avatars w/spectacles give more thoughtful answers than emmetropic avatars?

Additional Details
Phil, you need not get all technical on me. I had to fit the question. I believe the spectacle wearers understood my question....

Can you get tired looking eyes from not wearing glasses when prescribed them?
If so would laser eye treatment help me from not having tired looking ...

Lasik or Eyeglasses ?
I am thinking of doing Lasik to my eyes but I notice that all the Doctores who is doing this operation wearing eyeglasses.

So if it's good why the doctores still wearing there glasses ...

Trouple reading eye prescription, incomplete?
I am looking to buy glasses online and my prescription does not have anything listed under the left CYL. and the left Axis. It just shows:

Distance:
Eye SPH CYL Axis
R -250...

Could i become blind?
i've been wearing glasses since i was in 2nd grade and my vision has gotten weaker everytime i get new glasses. But i heard that glasses make your eyes more dependent on them. Is there a ...

Can someone describe their vision the first few days after LASIK surgery?
I'm having LASIK this Thursday to correct a high astigmatism. The surgeon is highly recommended, educated, and I trust him completely. I know most people see dramatic results right away, but ...

Why are my contact lenses irritating my eyes?
i've been wearing my contact lenses almost daily for about 3 months now. i recently got a new perscription, but i'm using the same brand of contact lenses, and this new perscription just ...

Contacts are they worth it?
i want to start wearing contacts but a lot of people say they bother thier eyes and they are so much work but i hate wearing these gay glasses they boher me when i take a picture and i have to take ...

MSM
My eyeglasses keep sliding down my nose, I don't know what to do?
My eyeglasses keep sliding down when I'm walking around. When I'm still they stay in place, but when I move around, they slide down. I don't know perhaps they are the wrong frames for me. I didn't have this problem with the other frames that I had.

I've been going to the eye place to get them adjusted, but that just lasts like 3 days, and goes back to sliding down. Sometimes I think they don't even put the effort to adjusting them right. They make them very tight at the sides which gives me a headache, then they loose them a little and makes them slide down my nose.

I don't know, I'm desperate... I don't have money for new frames or lenses, and I do not know what to do with this...

anyone have any ideas? are there some kind of accessories that might help with this? thanks!

[only serious answers please =( ]

Liz67
Rating
Get some contact lenses

Ooh-La-La!
Rating
they are just too big for you, go to the optical places where they have glasses and just try to get them tightened...

l_stewart04
Rating
You need to pick out better glasses. Also get some grips to put on the end of the handles.

bevrossg
Rating
The shop that filled the prescription should offer to change the frames at no charge if they don't fit your face properly. Don't let them charge you or just do little changes that don't work. You can call the main branch and complain if they won't take care of you or contact the Better Business Bureau. It is part of their contract that they will fit you properly!

miranti2003
Rating
You should get the frames with the rubber or plastic nose supports. This way when your glasses get a bit loose, you can take a pair of pliars and gently squeeze the two pieces closer together for a tight fit on your bridge.

If you can not afford new frames, you should get some duct tape, stick it to the inside of the bridge support and remove it. Keep doing this until there is enough adhesive left behind from the tape that it actually sticks to your face when you put on your glasses. No more sliping no more broken glasses.

♥ || Brown Eyed Girl || ♥
You may have chosen the wrong type of frame for your face (your nose may be too narrow... no offense). You can try getting pads for them. The pads don't give as much room and serve as a cushion so that your glasses stay in place. They sell them at most drugstores. I hope this helps. :)

cmcg83
Rating
sounds like they need to fit more snuggly around your ears?

or, maybe try getting something to put on the two little pieces that rest on the nose? something that would create more friction then the flat plastic

Hector Victorious
I spent a few years adjusting glasses as an optician and this is a very common problem. Most likely your frames need to be made tighter to the backs of your ears. This is a difficult thing to do and can't be done on all types of frames.

Many inexperienced people will try to solve this problem by making the glasses tighter on the sides of your head. Most of the time this works, but in extreme cases like yours this is a temporary solution and can lead to headaches.

I had much success fixing this problem by straightening out the arms of the frames then remolding them to fit perfectly around the persons ear. The only problem is that this is not possible on all types of glasses.

The best thing to do is to go your optometrists office and ask for the most experienced optician to help you. Then, ask the optician to check the fit around your ears.

Also, make sure you have silicone nose pads. They adhere to your skin better than plastic and help prevent the glasses from slipping.

Be patient, because this can save you hundreds of dollars.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, December 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy