Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

Why are glasses still being sold, it's the 21th century. the standard eyewear are now contacts.?
glasses are from benjamin franklin days....

Contacts lenses how long can i wear them?
I am a first time contact lenses wearer and i have acuvue extended wear lenses how long can i leave them in for really? The instructions say 6 days-nights. Someone told me i have to take them out ...

Is an eye test free on the nhs?

Cannot get a contact lens out?
wearing contacts for first time,was told to take out after a few hours,managed to take left one out,right one i cannot get out,tried everything,pouring the cleaning solution in my eye,splashing ...

What is the main job of the respiratory system?

What do i do about school and glasses?
im near sighted but i can still see far away. i wanna be able to see clearyly again without glasses. the only times i wear glasses is when im at school in math class because i sit far away from the ...

What is it called when a person has two differently colored eyes?
One is brown and one is hazel or something like that. Is there a name for this occurence?...

If your a doctor please explain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
Back in febuary i had pink eye. Ever since then when i wake up my eyes are stuck together and theres some crusty stuff on them i cant open my eyes in the morning unless i put warm water on them and ...

How does your face change when you grow up?
What features become prominent or enlarge?? Anything?
Or is it different with everyone?
Additional Details
oops I put it in optical. =/ sorry I don't know how to change it....

Twitching beneath the eye?
usally were you get dark circles
the twitching is only on the left eye not on the right
it'll stop for a min. then start twitching again
When i woke up today there was no ...

I hurt my eyes while looking at a eclipse years ago,any one else got eye problems?
i see lots of static,...

Why do most people still wear glasses?
while there is advancement of technology in glass free eye correction why do they prefer to wear glasses?...

Can u tell if someone has contacts in there eyes??
if u go near them??...

My eye lid has been twiching for about two weeks now can anyone tell me why and how i can fix this please?
is it a serious problem or will i not need to worry about it?...

Contacts won't go in my eyes?
My contacts will not go in my eyes.. I've already changed them when I needed to a couple weeks ago... I've had contacts for about 2 months now and before, I could get them in and out easily ...

How long do you REALLY wear your contact lenses? (Tell the truth, you eye doctor is offline.)?

Does color eye contacts expire?
I wanted to buy the Acuvue 2 Colours eye contacts just for halloween to match my costume. But after that I probably use it for atleast 3 months, I was wonder if the contacts will expire or not?...

Anyone had Lasik surgery on their eyes? I'm scared they will mess up and I go blind?

Can contacts make your eyesight worse?
Is it ok for a 13 year old to have contacts?
will it make the eyesight worse like if i take the contacts off?
thanks x]...

Color Contacts?
I finally received my color contacts to find that the colored part doesn't align. Therefore, it covers part of my pupil and when looking up close at my eyes, they look lazy. Is there a way to ...

DAVID
My eye get tired really fast when reading?
I start reading and like after 15 mins my eyes start getting tired and want to close. If I keep reading my eyelids would get coldish. Does this mean I need glasses because I know some people can read a whole book and not be tired. If it helps I usually read out loud...DO I need glasses or what's wrong?
Additional Details
Does it really matter that I also usually read downwards?

Matt
You may not be interested in the book, because when you read aloud your eyes are doing the same process when reading silently. If you want to, you could see an optometrist you may have a focusing problem. If you see the images clearly, you shouldn't have a vision problem.

sexy_chick
Rating
well sometimes my eyes get tired when i am reading i think you need glasses if your eyes get tired at day time but if at night ur fine Thats normal

Brenda V
maybe not prescription ones but you should try reading glasses maybe a =1.50 that is the lowest

VBall LuVa!
Rating
sometimes that happens to me when the book im reading is really boring or you may just be really tired

Jennifer
Rating
To fully answer your question, you would need an eye exam. When I would read a lot, I'd be like you if it wasn't an interesting book (ok...studying), but if it was a book I was reading for leisure, I would read all night long.

If the words are blurry, then I would say you probably need some glasses...but if it is more of a tired, sore, ache, it is probably eyestrain that might be relieved by reading in better light, when you are well rested, and try lubricating eyedrops for moisture.

Bottom line, if you think it is your vision and you haven't had a recent eye exam, best thing to do would be to go get one. We all need them every 1-2 years.

Josie826
You need glasses. Try some of those that you can get at the drug store first and see if that helps. They are not all that expensive and may take care of the problem for very little money. If they don't help, go see the eye doctor.

Also, remember to blink. Your eyes may be drying out and that is causing your eyes to want to close.

joker
Rating
I needed glasses when I hit 42. But my problem was focus not tiredness.
Are you reading in a well lit area?

anahifan
Rating
Maybe your eyes get dry when you stare at something for a bit of time [EXAMPLE READING] Maybe its that just go to a pharmacy and ask for drops to help you with dry eyes GOOD LUCK

akshata
Rating
visit a opthalmologist.....!!!hurry!!!

eyetonyb
depending on your age, you might need some magnification glasses. If your 38 and above you start losing some accomodation (when the lens of the eye bulgs to see upclose materials)...you should see a optometrist or an eye physician.

i_lovesports
Rating
It sounds like you might need glasses, get an eye exam done, it couldn't hurt.

princeidoc
Rating
you might need glasses and you might not. there could be multiple problems:

refractive error: you might be farsighted, or nearsighted, or have astigmatism

binocular vision problems: you might have problems "teaming" your eyes or using them together. you could be "aiming" inaccurately...esotropia or esophria, or exotropia or exophoria...

accommodative problems: you might have problems "focusing" your eyes.

you are likely going to need an eye exam to figure out whats wrong with you, and you may or may not need glasses.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, October 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy