Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

Can getting elbowed in the eye blind you?
Well I was playing some basketball today, and got elbowed in the eye pretty bad by accident. Its black now but I can still see, its just swolen. I was wondering if this will impact my vision?
A...

Eyes problems...?
I have eye bags under my eyes and I also have dark circles.What should I do to remove them?...

My eye's been twitching for the past 4 (or maybe 3) weeks?
What could be the cause of it? It doesn't happen so much if I'm wearing my glasses, but it's becoming a real pain now! It's only the right eye, although my left eye started ...

I don't have vision insurance but need to see an optometrist, I have a stye that isn't going away. How much...
How much would an appointment with an optometrist cost just so they could check out my eye? I live in the USA. I usually go to places in the mall like Lens Crafters....

Can you shower with contact lens in?
I wouldn't think so because you could get soap and shampoo in your eyes, and that might mess them up, not to mention they could come out too I guess. Also, you probaby can't swim with them ...

I slept in my contacts on accident...?
and i know im not supposed to, but i was really tired and now my vision seems a little blurry is this normal or what?...
Additional Details
I tried using eyedrops but that didtn really ...

Wall-mart eye glasses?
my mom wants to take me to wallmart to get glasses. Do they sell brands lencraters do....

My eyesight is pretty. Damn. Awful. Amything to help?
I'm 13 and my eyesight is -3.5 and -3.75.
Yeah I know its BAD.
My dad has glasses but his are only -2.5.
When I was little the doctors said I would defo need glasses because of ...

Which one looks better. Contacts or glasses. http://www.freewebs.com/congruentan...
Sorry about the distorted images. This is the poor quality of Freewebs....

The contact for my right eye has a tiny crack on the edge. Is is safe to wear?
I only got them on tuesday, and I was carrying the case in my bag. I guess the contact got stuck on the top of the case and well somehow, it cracked on the edge. What should I do? Do I need to go ...

I have lost my glasses and need a replacement asap. Can I take my old prescription to any opticians?

How to convince my mom to get me contacts?
im 13 and my mom thinks im wayy to young for contacts,
i hate wearing glasses all the time.
My mom recently got surgery for her eyes so she can see better.I really like makeup but i have to ...

Blurry vision?
i'm 19 and i've had perfect vision my whole life - but recently every once in a while everything gets blurry ...

what could be causing this? how can i fix it? do eating carrots ...

How can you make someone become un-emo . . . can you?
I have a freind and she has just become emo. Is there any way i can make her not be emo any more?...

My eye(again)?
For a few hours, the corner of my eye by my nose has been twitching (best word I could think of) It's getting kind of annoying. Is there something wrong with my eye? I asked this before but only ...

Should I or should I not use tap water to rinse my contact lens case?
The instructions I got from the doctor/hospital say to rinse them w/ tap water and let air dry after every use, but the instructions w/ the solution (renu multiplus) say to rinse w/ solution and ...

Is it possible for a persons eye colour to change often?
I know eye colour can change early on in life, but can a persons eye colour change after that?

A colleague has been told that a friend of a friend has eyes that change colour depending on ...

Anyone have contacts? (Details below)?
Well i got glasses..i hate them so much and i was gonna get Lasek, but my dad told me not to waste my money because it doesnt work completely, but he suggested contacts, which is my second choice. W...

Changing contact lenses' brand and having problems?
I've used contact lenses (Acuvue Toric) for about 12 years. I've never experiment discomfort or any problem.
Today the optometrist changed the brand to a new one (I didn't get the ...

Scratched cornea?
Today, when i woke up, i rubbed my eyes kind of hard.
Now i see a small gray-ish line that moves with my left eye when i look at something white, like a piece of paper.
What is it? Will it ...

clare s
My 6 year old daughter has an eye prescription of +0.75. Is this normanl at this age?
My daughters optician says she needs glasses to correct this. I dont think she has had a problem with her eyes and i have read that alot of children when young have slightly long sightedness and it clears up without any glasses when the muscles grow.
I dont want her eyes to get dependant on glasses if there is a chance it will sort itself out. Anyone with any experience?
Help and please serious answers only.

weird_wonder
+0.25 is normal- +0.75 is for headache problem

Don't worry - if she regularly wear glasses then it'll be fine SooN

glen w
Rating
talk to ur options there the only ones that will know the answer.

tomsp10
Rating
There's no such thing as normal when it comes to optical prescriptions and even if there were it doesn't matter in the slightest. What matters is that she needs glasses of that strength and it's your duty to get them for her.

If you have any questions you should direct them at your optician, not ask for unqualified opinions on the Internet.

debs
Rating
if you are unsure bring her to another optician best thing to do

Jazzy
i think this will help her when doing homework or anything up close - there are so many children out there that are worse than your daughter so dont worry but get her the glasses to help her with her schoolwork

scj1719
Rating
My 6 and 10 year olds have this perscription! The diffrence is, my 10 year old was complaining about headaches, blurred vision, etc. My 6 year old has no complaints. The eye doc said it is a focusing issue with them. My 10 year old wears her glasses for reading my 6 year old doesn't. He told me unless the 6 year old started to complain of blurred vision, or headaches not to put them on her. He wrote her out a glasses perscription incase she does need them in the next year. Hope this helps.

princeidoc
assuming she's +0.75 in both eyes (and not just one eye) MOST of the time MOST eye doctors would probably not prescribe that to a 6 year old. there are exceptions, of course, but in most cases i personally wouldnt Rx that (assuming all else equal/normal)

Pedestal42
In a 6-year old, +1.25 might be nearer the average!

+0.75 in a six year old utterly does not need prescribing...
UNLESS there is evidence of eye strain, lack of binocular cooperation or unequal development of the two eyes.
THEN it could be important to give it.

Any optician who wants to give a child that young that Rx only because "it's there" with no other grounds makes me suspicious.

Optometrist, retired.

Rick A
Rating
I work for VSP (Vision Service Plan). We are a vision insurance company. +0.75 is not a very strong prescription and I've seen much stronger in children under 4 years old. My daughter is 12 and her Rx is +4.25. Your daughter will be able to see much better with glasses but she should only have to wear them for reading.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 24, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy