Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

Do i have pink eye what does it look like?
my eyes r all red they burn and r itchy and they keep getting goopie and i feel like crying they hurt so bad ps i am 14...

Is laser eye surgery dangerous?
I want to get laser eye surgery in 2 years when I'm 21, but some people have told me that it's a risky surgery. What are the odds of something going wrong?...

What's your eye color?

My sister says she can't take off her contacts. could it really stick to the eye that u can't take it off?
what should she do if she can't take them off? go see the doctor?...

Contacts lenses, do you ever get use to them?

Am i a FREAK??
Is it normal or am i a freak?!?
my eyeballs have a slight hint of blue they're not fully white, what does this mean?...

Will i need glasses when i am older?
i am 13 and i have worn glasses since i was about 4, my eyes have improved so much that i can see perfectly without them(but my eyes get tired easily without glasses). When i'm an adult will i ...

Eye colours?
Two questions really. I have two different colours in my eyes, orange and green. is that normal? also, if a white person has brown eyes, does that mean they may have black decendants?
A...

What is with these flashing lights in the corner of my eye?
ok so today I've been having these moments where light would just flash in my eye, and the second time it happened I got a slight head ache.
Last year I had something similar but it ...

Colored contacts....?
im getting fresh look colored contacts, i have blue/green eyes, some days they look blue and others green, but mainly blue.... what color should i get that would stand out and look right.... i have ...

Should i wear my glasses when going out ?
I'm short sighted and i have been wearing glasses for a few years. I only use them for seeing the board at school. Sometimes when I got out to shopping centres, parks etc, people and things that ...

What color eyes will my baby have? My eyes are light brown, my bf's are blue/green.?

What causes deteriation of vision?
and how may i prevent it.
thx....

Can 3 year boy use contact lenses??
he has minus 9 number to both the eyes...bacause his eye ball is big in size.......

Is it better to rinse your eyes with warm or cold water?
Say you got shampoo in your eyes, or you're nervous that you might have, so you rinse your eyes out at the end of your shower. Is warm or cold water better? Or does it not make a difference.

Sleeping in contact's ?!?
okay well , im staying the night at my friend kendra's house tonight and i forgot all the things for my contact's .
so what can happen if i sleep in them or what can i do ?

Is it true that to produce a blue eyed baby both parents have to have blue eyes?
i am blue eyed like my dad but my mum and sister are green? it has been playing on my mind for a while now.
Additional Details
peter o - lol bless ...

Do you frequently lose your glasses when you take them off?
It drives me nuts especially at night and I can't see to find them. Is there any solution apart from wearing them on a chain?
Additional Details
Sian - I'm not that bright....

Do you wear eye glasses, would you allow a doctor to take a knife to your eyes, Laysic surgery?
I need glasses, but I don't think I would take a risk of someone taking a knife to my eyes....

Is it true that if you keep your eyes open when you sneeze?
your eyeballs will pop out of your head?...

Del
My 15 year ol daughter has been told she needs glasses to wear full time. Any tips to help her with this?

Dilip SDIPANKAR
She need not to wear glasses full time. Read these carefully & to tell your daughter to do it sincerely. :

When mother Nature has provided us with such a simple and easy treatment to cure diseases and even to avoid

them we all must follow the instructions given by her. These Therapies only help Nature to cure us. Let us not

ignore Nature in our mad pursuit of science. THIS NATURE'S 'DO IT YOURSELF' ACUPRESSURE THERAPY ITSLEF IS A

SCIENCE AND NOT A MATTER OF BELIEF. Try this Therapy sincerely and regularly for at least 15 days and observe

its wonderful and amazing result.

EYES.

For anything wrong with the eyes like pain, watering, reddishness,Stye, etc. take treatment on Acupressure

Point No. 35 and put a pack of cold milk or extract kothmir(coriander leaves) on the eyes. Eat plenty of raw

carrots or drink carrot juice. If regular treatment is given on these points after the age of 45, it will prevent

cataract. Even during early stages of cataract, this treatment is very benefical.

This treatment can prevent "BLINDNESS" due to cataract. Moreover, even in case of Trachoma of eyes,

operations have been averted with this treatment.

Serious Problems : The optic nerve is governed by the pituitary gland. For any serious problems of eyes,

check the Point No.3 and points of optic nerve on the back of palms. If found to be tender, paining, take the

treatment of this points as well as on Point No. 3 & 35. Also drink of gold/silver/copper charged water reduced

from 4 glasses of water. Also drink at least 2 cups of green juice.

How to do away with spects/glasses : It has been observed that up to minus number 3 to 4 (for

seeing); with the help of following treatment, the eyesight becomes normal and one can stop wearing spects/glasses:

1. Press the point Nos. 3, 22, 23 and 35 on both palms and that of the optic nerves(back of the

palms)-along with the treatment of all the endocrine glands. 3 times a day for 2/2 minutes each. Give pressure

treatment around the eyes for 2 to 3 minutes on each eye 3 times a day. Pressure is to be given on the bones

around and not on eye ball. This will active the eyes and prevent and cure any disease of the eyes.

2. Drink at least 2 to 3 cups of green juice which should include carrots and sprouted pulses like chinese

green peas(Mung) and health drink i.e. amla powder+ginger powder.

3. DO PRAN MUDRA (LIFE ENERGY) : Bend the little and ring fingers so their tips touch the tip (front edge) of

the thumb finger.

4. Reading must be done in a right sitting posture under proper light Those who are in minus number, they

shouldn't read and view the T.V. in lying condition.

5. In order to prevent damage to the eyes, children should be taught from the beginning to read in a proper

uprught posture and view T.V. from a reasonable distance. They should be taught how to blink the eyes regularly.

6. The mother should stop the use of hydrogenated oil/vegetable ghee/margarine at least 3 months prior to

conceiving till the child is breastfed. If possible, there should be a total ban on the use of hydrogenated

oil/maragarine in the house. Such us creates excess of H+ in the brain which in turn damages the eyesight of the

children.

7. Also blink each eye for 2/3 minutes in a eye glass filled with rose-water or cooled self urine of morning

or cold water.

8. Whenever possible take the sunrays directly in the eyes for 5 to 6 minutes within 60 minutes after

sunrise or 45 minutes before sunset. If that is not possible, take blue light on the closed eyes.

Within 3 to 5 months, the eyesight will improve and become normal. Then take proper care of eyes

throughout the life.

For all the problems of eyes drink at least one cup of green juice adding thereto 1 teaspoonful of health

drink powder.

Eye Drops : The best thing is to put the eyes in an eye-glass filled with pure water and blink them for 2 to

3 minutes each or sprinkle fresh water on the eyes. OR

To 8 oz. of rose-water add 1 grain of alum and put these drops in the eyes regularly.

Eye Ointment : Slihgtly rub black pepper on a clean stone surface with few drops of water. Apply this thin

paste in the eyes. Even though there is a little burning, it clears up the eyes and increase the power of the eyes.

Or apply ghee prepared from cow's(black cow, if available) milk in the eyes before going to bed.

Apply a little saliva in both the eyes when you get up in the morning.

Do palming for few minutes of the eyes two to four times a day.

Make a mixture of 300 grams of amla powder + 100 grams of ginger powder + 200 grams of pure honey. And eat

one tablespoon of it every morning followed by one cup of hot milk and repeat the same in the evening.

DO SOME EXERCISES FOR THE EYES AS FOLLOWS :

(a) Up to 30 minutes of sunrise or 15/20 minutes before sunset, let the sunrays fall directly on the eyes.

At that time roll your eyes in a clockwise and anticlockwise direction.

(b) Up to 90 minutes of the sunrise or 60 minutes before sunset, let the sunrays fall on the closed eyes.

Then do palming of the eyes for a few minutes.

(c) During the moon nights of 8th to 23rd moondays, lie down on your back and while blinking, see the moon

for 10 to 15 minutes. The eyes will get great relief.

(d) Close the eyelids in such a way that there is pressure on the eyes. Keep in this position for 15/20

seconds, then remove this pressure and keep the eyes closed for 15/20 seconds. Repeat thrice.

(e) Do the Lion's pose for 30/40 seconds.

If these instruction are followed properly, one would not get spectacles and even if anybody has got spectacles

up to -4 (minus four number); they will be able to get rid of the spectacles in a few months.

neravair
Rating
Glasses may have a huge effect on her confidence, not least of all because of the enduring stereotype among society that people with glasses lack social skills. I know; I've experienced it often enough.

Luckily now though I use contacts and although I can't wear them all day long they've had a huge effect on me and I recommend them to everyone, especially your daughter.

Nora
Rating
get her contacts . help her choose eye makeup so she feels good about herself

Meggie Monkey
She needs to style herself to work with the glasses. People often associate glasses with being a nerd or being weird, but a lot of the girls in my school have glasses and look so cute. A lot of us wear them even though we don't have to(i.e. we have contacts). Girls also think that guys don't like girls who wear glasses, but honestly glasses make you look more sophisticated which will attract more sophisticated guys. Glasses aren't a curse, or even a bad thing for that matter. I've had glasses since the third grade, and i love them. Me and my cousin have our cutest pictures when we're all in our glasses. Just make sure she knows that glasses are not the end of the world. In fact they could be the beginning of a new one.

RoVale
My 17-year-old daughter started wearing glasses at the age of 8. She also has contact lenses but prefers wearing the glasses. She wears the contacts only for special occasions.

Julia H
Rating
All the answers given so far are good. However, let her know, that once she has finished growing, perhaps she may want to think about laser treatment.

I've seen that (I am a doctor)answer before. But he/she fails to say where the accupressure points are. eg. "point 35" means nothing to the majority of people.

Kaden K
Rating
If she looks good in glasses like some people do naturally, then it's probably fine, otherwise, just get her some contacts, an optometrist can tell you which ones are best for her.

dogstar4god
Rating
if she wants contacts, get em for her, but get a cheap pair of glasses as well.

if she's tye type of person that looks better w/glasses, and she sees a pair she really likes, get em for her..
and get a cheap pair as well.

rumblecookie
She's a little old for the "4 eyes" taunts just keep reminding her how good she looks in 'em.( don't get creepy)

Lady Carole
Rating
Glasses are trendy to wear at the moment so she`ll be ok. Take her to the opticians and let her try lots of different sizes and styles, the assistant will help advise best. Tell your daughter she is now joining the trendy set !! I personally don`t think contacts are suitable for a youngster, but optician will advise best.

kicking_qt
Get her some really cool, slightly tinted ones, preferably designer label ones. Then she is less likely to be bullied at school by the morons. Expensive yes but worth it for your daughters sanity. You can shop around.

Not everyone can wear contacts, if she can invest in them. Tell her that people who comment usually lead pretty sad lives if thats all they can think about.

~*Peaches~n'~Cream*~
Rating
When I was 14, I just wore my contacts to school, then I'd go take a shower and put in my glasses. and wear them for the rest of the day.

Unless I had somewhere to be, I'd put in or keep in my contacts or if there were guests coming over.

So pretty much I did wear them full time. It's not such a big deal if she could get contacts. I would refuse to wear my glasses out when I was 9-13.5 and now my eyes are horrible. I finally got contacts and new glasses when I was 14. Thank GOD!

I wore glasses and contacts every day after that!

Contacts are clear little silicon things that fit on the color part of the eye. It doesnt matter how small your eyes are either. Mine aren't very big...They are all the same size. I have Acuve Oasis (lasts around a month) And when you keep them clean, they feel like nothing when you wear them! They can't fall out of your eyes unless you do something, just sitting there blinking won't.

And a makeover (not TOO much of one) would definatly help. Maybe a new hair cut, and some new makeup? New shoes and some clothes are always good! :)

Good luck!

Bardic
Rating
You'll notice the general trend of answers on here, that glasses can be a really cool fashion item these days (according to my daughter). You're sure to find a frame that suits her and that she likes - why not get her to take a trusted friend along to tell her what she really looks like?

temitope_ogunsola
Let her know the intricacies of using contacts and let her choose whether she would have frames or contacts.

LillyB
Thngs have changed so much I really don't think there is any stigma to wearing glasses anymore. There are so many funky styles she can regard them as a fashion accessory now.

DrJale
There are eye exercises that can improve her vision. She may need to practice them for a few months or more to achieve complete improvement, depending on how bad her eyesight is, but they do work.

For more information about eye exercises go here:
http://www.refractiveeyedisorders.com/ryv

Vitamins & minerals are also very important:
http://www.refractiveeyedisorders.com/opf

I was able to improve my own vision with these exercises.

Best regards,

dreamerloverlibra
it's alright, glasses are pretty cool. people wear them these days just for fashion. and if glasses dont work there are always contacts......just make sure you're careful .get them with a protective coating so they dont get scratched.

Maria
Rating
Take her to an optometrist and have her fitted for glasses or contacts.

Elena C
Rating
tell her that they really suit her, and encourage people of her own age to tell her once in a while, make sure that shes happy with the glasses given to her to she feels confident

c'est_moi
Rating
Get her contacts if she wants to opt for that. But some glasses are very trendy right now and look great. Show her some very fashionable pairs, and maybe show her pics of some famous, beautiful people who wear glasses, so that she can think that if they wear them and look that good, I can, too. Some people out there wear glasses just as fashion, they don't even need them. She will get used to them. Good luck!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy