Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

Does wearing eye glasses all the time increases grades?
im 17 years of age and im an ear sighted person my grades are 500 each and im wonderig if wearing eyeglasses all the time increases my grades?...

Do contact lenses steam up?
Like glasses steam up when you go near swimming pools

Thanks! :)

POLL: What do you prefer to wear Glasses or eye contacts ???
Thank you....

Are carrots actually good for your eye's ?
is this a myth or is it true ?!...

If you had a eye ?
we all kown we have two eye,s if we was given a other eye where you you put and why?...

Contacts or Glasses?
I have been using glasses for 5 years now. Im starting to think of contacts. Which one do u like better? How long does it take to get contacts (from time u asked for contacts to time u got them) ?<...

What happens when you close your eyes too long while wearing contacts?
I started wearing contacts about a month ago. I know that you're not supposed to sleep with them on, but what really happens? Do they roll into the back of your head? Because that is my biggest ...

What color are your eyes?

At what age did you first need glasses?
Do you like wearing them or do you hate it?
I've needed them for long-sightedness since I was 15, which is 5 years. I don't mind them as mine are really comfy so I forget I've got ...

What eye color do you guys prefer?
Anyone can answer.
Blue-green?
Brow?
Yellow-Green?
Hazel?
Additional Details
mine are blue...with like felcks of yellow and green.what color would you call that?...

Can putting lemon into my eye change color?
well can it.
good answers ...

What is this annoying thing i'm seeing?
Just a couple months, I noticed that sometimes i can see lil thing floating around in my vision. It's very tiny looks like lint but it's not. I'm on the computer a lot so I don't ...

Should I wear my contacts on a airplane??
The flight is 2 hours and 30 min. I know airplanes are dry. I will be flying Jet Blue so does the type of airplane effect the dryness of the air????...

I can't stop blinking my eyes.?
lately, for the past two days, i have been blinking soooo much. Like twice every second. Literally. It feels my eyes are cold, and there is constant blowing. Like its the feeling when you stick your ...

What's This Thing In My Eye?
I get this on and off, just these clear little gelly like things that float through my eye. They don't hurt or anything, I just can't see through them. They move too, I can get them out ...

Favourite Eye Colour?
Whats ur fave eye colour my eyes are a dark hazel green & i luv Bright blue eyes

So whats ur fave eye colour?...

Why is there more than one type of colour for eyes?

I see streaks of white light in my left eye?
kk wel this is like the 6 time happening in 1 year. i was at school (im 13) and all of the sudden i see little white moving lights in my left eye (its like a sawrm of insects) but it goes away in ...

Can i get lasik eye surgery if im 12 about 2 b 13?
i will b 13 on september 5th....

Glasses vs contacts?
I have astigmatism and slight nearsightdness. I have both glasses and contacts, but was wondering why I see better through my glasses. With my contacts, it sometimes is blurry especially up close, ...

DAVID O
My 14 year old daughters eye sight is getting worse quickly?
she had her eyes tested 9mnths ago was told too wear glasses for the usual tv pc reading, she got after 3mnth she was wearing them all the time, took her for re test they were worse, have been told too retest in 6 mnths if eyesight has worsend we will be referred, its worse going for retest after just 3 mnths not 6, what could it be!? we dont have eye trouble no family history?

: ]
shes going blind.

Dean K
dont matter if you have glasses on the computer. If you still watch too much tv or play computer too much the eye sight will get worse with glasses or without glasses.

Samantha
Well are you sure that her glasses help her see BETTER and not worse? If her glasses are under the wrong prescription, it will make her eyesight worse. Also, does she go on the computer and watch T.V. alot? That also causes a lot of eyestrain. Make sure that she doesn't read, do homework, watch T.V., or go on the internet in a dimly lighted room because that also causes ALOT of eyestrain. Trust me, I'm only 15, and I've been wearing glasses since I was six. So I know what I'm talking about. I can't do ANYTHING at all without proper lighting. :] Good luck.

Sup g.
Rating
It's probably because shes growing so quickly that her eyesight cannot keep up.
Or it's just the way her eyesight is.
You cannot fix it i'm sorry.

darkness_says_hi
To get worse that quickly she is either using her short sight / long sight too much which is straining her eyes too much (tv or reading)

could it be that she isnt using her glasses at school which is gunna cause the rapid change in sight due to the extra strain

or the optician gave her the wrong precription of glasses

Pin-Up Doll
Rating
Is she short on vitamin A ?

2Cute2B4Got
Bring her to a good ophthalmologist. There is a big difference between an optometrist and an ophthalmologist. The Ophthalmologist is the doctor, not the optometrist.

guruben12
No family history of eye problems? That's unusual...

Excess use of a computer or watching too much TV can lead in your eyes getting worse.

If your daughter wears glasses all the time, but her eye-sight isn't too bad, then she is merely making her eyes comfortable by wearing the glasses. When the eyes get comfortable they may get a bit lazy so stronger glasses are needed so less pressure is applied to the eye.

Sorry for the amature wording, I'm hardly an optician.
Hope this helps anyway.

Christina H
Rating
In the teen years, eye sight changes very quickly, so this is normal.

Gill BATES
Rating
Get well soon!

Nina Ali
Rating
totally agree with dean but u still have to make sure she gets lots of sight enhancing vitamins and such..like in carrots

Siri♥
Rating
In The Teenage Years The Eye Sight Chages Rapidly!
Im Only 13 and its gone bad to worse! But I did have a history from my Dad So Im not sure how this is possible but .. Get her Eye Regually Checked JUST IN CASE!

Shorty
You should take her to the doctor to inform you on any problems she might have on her eyes. Make sure your daughter is not looking on t.v or computer to close even with glasses on. Also not looking directly on the sun or lights. Try to keep an eye on her so she takes care of her eyes.

Guinevere
Go to the very best opthamologist you can afford, ....free in the UK for 14yr olds. Ask for a hospital appointment immediately, this should be investigated now, just in case.
Chances are, its not too harmful, but its best to be sure.

WHY SO SERIOUS:P[Pro Jonas]
hehe chill the same thing happened to me....they are supposed to increase quickly its normal......

tabithahtibat
Rating
Tell the eye doctor and tell him about your daughter. It could be serious but I doubt that it is. Just get it checked out.

Roz
Rating
Contact your local LYONs club. They are a charitable organization that deals with children's eye problems, glasses, and other visual ailments. Talk to them, their services are cost free. Vision is very important, don't pass up any opportunity for help.

let's get weird
Rating
yep eyes change a lot while growing up in the teens, my vision has gotten worse but it's perfectly normal. look it up online

Chips 121
No idea what it could be, but I would err on the side of caution and get my GP to refer me to hosoital asap, no delay, just go for it, it could be very important for an expert to see her, good luck.

Cassie
Rating
this is a question for an ophthalmologist. you should spend some time researching it prior to the visit. Google things like rapid worsening of eyesight.. I think it might be called myopia (nearsightedness).
I doubt you will get the answers you need from yahoo answers. not too many doctors hanging out here...

Scarlett
You don't have to have a family history of eye trouble to GET eye trouble. Take her back to the doctor and take this VERY seriously. Things like this don't just go away like a cold!!!

PinHead
Rating
no body could answer that from the vague description you have given see a doc

SCHUMIGIRL1956
Poor love i just knows how she feels has my left eye is gradually getting worse has i have to fall back onto 2 pairs of glasses. i suggest you she a eye doctor he/she may help you, mine cannot be fixed as the squint is too old.

bio man
Rating
i had like your daughter experience ..since upto 18-20 years old your daughter eyes maybe quickly/slowly so to worse. sometimes it could be quickly some times slowly but after 16 years old little goes to worse and in 20 years it will stop and after that you can surgery it with lysic surgery ,do not worry now it is time of growing and puberty

Spectacle
First off BOTH the Ophthalmologist and the Optometrist are DOCTORS in the US. They are different kinds of DOCTORS, but DOCTORS none the less. Secondly, it is not unusual to have your vision change rapidly and drastically during puberty. I see it every day. Thirdly, carrots and vitamins will not help a refractive error. Most people do have refractive errors and they do usually amplify in the teen years. Not having any eye issues at all in a family is highly unlikely and does not sound quite right. If it were my daughter, I would seek a second opinion now, and not really wait for another 6 months. You can have her general health checked to rule out other health issues that can effect the visual health, such as thyroid and Diabetes and other things that her pediatrician would know what to look for. Do not rely on the general doctor to giv eyou the second opinion about her glasses and the progression of her RX, they are not trained in this area, but do have them check on her health. Just suggestion.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy