Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

What is the problem with leaving your contacts in your eyes when you sleep?

What is the name of a doctor who specializes in surgery of the eye such as Cataract surgery?not optomitrist.?
I'm looking for the specific medical name for the doctor. I know its not optomitrist because optomitrists only give eye examinations and prescriptions....

My eyes red all the time?
Okay so I wear contact lenses. I've had them for a couple years now, with no problems. Now recently. my eyes are very red in the morning, I put this Baush and Lam redness reducing drop in my eye ...

How do i deal with contact lense eye irritation?

What is the best way to fake a pink eye?

Red eyes..drops arent helping what can i do??
dont smoke.. dont drink.. in the middle are red.. but the top is white......

Eye lazer treatment for reading?
My everyday vision is fine but need glasses for reading which is a real pain at work, my glasses are on and off all day. Can it be done just for reading vision and is it worth it?...

People with contacts!!?
ughh mine are very very annoying!!
i have tried like 3 or 4 different kinds and they are all uncomfortable!
anyone have any suggestions, comments??
Additional Details
yah ive ...

Why does my daughter have one white pupil in her photo? again?
I have had a photo taken of my four children. They all have red eyes in it, apart from my 4 month old baby, who has one red pupil and one white one. I am really getting myself freaked out about it as ...

In which age shall I start wearing contact lenses?
At the moment, I am 12 years old, but I might get them when I'm 13. Is it advisable to start wearing them when i'm 13?...

How can you get rid of bushy eye brows i use the tweezer but..?
i dont wanna get em waxed and people im a ...

Cannot wear bifocals, now what?
i'm near sited in one eye and far-sited in the other. tried some glasses without bifocal and could not see close up. can't wear contacts due to allergies. do i have any options? my vision ...

Is this bad for my eyes?
i like to work on my laptop at night with no light on. my eyes don't really feel stressed or anything like that but im nearsighted and is this going to affect my vision?...

My contact lense is in... but now it's blurry?
Is this is a common experience? You'll need background info to properly assess my situation: I have 20/30 vision in my left eye (NATURALLY, without any aide), and 20/200 vision in my right eye.....

Something's Stuck In My Eye And I Can't Get It Out.?
I have read other things on the internet about this, but I'd like some first-person advice about this. So a few hours back, I'd say... Around seven hours back, I was doing my own thing, on ...

Can you buy just the eyeglass frames online and take them to your optometrist so they can put the lens in?
Websites like framesdirect.com have better selection than my eyeglass center. I want to know if anyone has ever done this before. T...

How can i convince my mom to let me get eye contacts?
she thinks im going to get an eye infection. but she doesnt get how much i hate my glasses. i barely wear them unless we see a Broadway musical or show in a theatre. bor if i cant see the board in ...

Why do contact cases come with tweezers?
I was on ebay looking for a cute contacts case, and there are sets that come with a mini solution bottle and a pair of tweezers. What are the tweezers for?...

Is there somthing wrong if your eye twiches?

Can anyone help me?
Resolved QuestionShow me another »
My eyes are blurry after taking off my glasses, should I keep them on?
I recently had trouble seeing the writing on the board at school and i was told ...

Donna B
Left my contacts in too long...eyes burning and hurt!?
Anyone have any suggestions what to do? My eyes feel like they're on fire and have shards of glass in them. OUCH! I use monthly contacts and left them in about a week too long.

Lauri S
Rating
To state the obvious, If you haven't already take them out. I recommend resting your eyes from contacts for a few days, wear your glasses.

me of course
i think it's time to schedule an eye exam. Best thing you could do for the time being is try visine, it should help.

shauneegirl
Take your contacts off and use your glasses. Your eyes are dry and you may have a corneal ulcer. Use Refresh liquigels in the mean time. See your eye doctor. I'm an Optician and work with eye doctors. Good luck.

kate M
Use an eye wash with saline solution for refreshing, just saline solution in a small cup, many times a day. That will be very refreshing. Buy a hydrating eye gel,like Celluvisc, and use every four hours.
And of course don't use the contacts for a few days!!.
Good luck.

Just throw it away and put in a new one. If you look at that contact closely you'll probably see a break in it or maybe it's just too old already. It it's too old just take it out a clean it with a cleaning solution for a couple of minutes. That should take out the protein.

fold_em83
Rating
It shouldn't be too big of a deal, at least in the short term. I used to wear two week contacts and I would leave them in for a month at a time. Now I wear three day ones but I usually keep them in all week. Visine makes a product for contacts that you could try. Obviously, you shouldn't wear your contacts longer than the instructions say. If they hurt, you should take them out. The best thing is to give your eyes a rest. I try to leave mine out for two or three days before putting them back in. In my experience, if your eyes hurt when you take them out, after a nights sleep, they should feel better.

Lori L O^O
Rating
Put a cold compress on them ans sit back for about 20 minutes. Use some drops for dry eyes! Try to give your eyes a rest for a few days without your contacts!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.144
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, July 30, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy