Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

VERY DESPERATE & FRUSTRATED - trouble putting contact lens on!?
This is the 2nd time I spent over $100 out-of-packet money to buy and try a pair of contact lens. The 1st time and this time is the same. I CANNOT put my conntact lens on by myself no matter how hard ...

It is true glasses r bad for ur eyes and....?
somethin called "eye yoga" can improve ur vision??
has any1 eva done this?
did it work for ya?...

A few questions about color contacts?
ok
1) do they come in unique colors like red, blind looking, purple etc.?

2) ive heard rumors about them making you go blind. is this true?

3) how old do you have to be to ...

Detached Retina?
I had this problem starting about a month ago. Sometime during the day, these little dots pop up from my vision and start floating around then disappear. It happens for about 5 seconds. What could be ...

How many of you do Pot?
How old where you when you started?
Why did you start?
Why are you still doing it?
How long have you been doing it?

Just a few question i wondering about..

Thx &...

Contact stuck in my eye.?
My right contact been stuck in my eye for over an hour, I'm not new to them I've had them over a year and sometimes when you put them in there still blurry, so you have to take them out and ...

I'm brand new to eyeglasses & is it normal to feel nauseous from wearing them?
I got my glasses on Monday and I feel nauseous all the time when I wear them. So, I have been taking them off when I feel really queasy and then putting them back on when I feel better. Is this ...

Does correcting your vision with glasses or contacts make your vision worse?
I have a slight prescription for glasses at -1.0. If I wear my glasses for a while, and them take them off my vision seems more blurry than if I never put them on. It almost seems as though by ...

New prescription: transition lenses or antiglare?
I'm nearsighted and need a new pair of glasses. The store recommended I get my glasses with transition lenses AND antiglare coating. However, I'm on a budget and with either option costing ...

Eye laser surgery?
can insurance cover for eye laser suergery and even got an astigmastism, or is it a cosmetic surgery?...

Help! I have problem with eyes. I woke up and see blinding flashbacks?
it feels like I was looking at flickering pictures. I still see but it makes harder to read text and see things around corner. IT happened once before and it is now happening again and it lasts ...

Contact lens wear?
Eyes keep drying out. Currently wearing specsavers monthly toric (astigmastism) lenses.

Is there another type or brand of lens that will lock in the moisture of my eyes?

I'...

How do doctors know what makes us sick?
If giving an answer it must be at least 6 complete sentences long. Thanks!...

Colored Contacts?
Can wearing a colored contact lenses (without lens, like in eyeglasses) make you blind? I wanna have hazel-colored eyes, not silver or gray....

Do i have Pink eye?
It's been a week,I called my friend and samething is happening ot her.So im like " My eyes are all crusty and glued shut when i wakeup.. From the eyegoo thing.. And allot of eye goo comes ...

What can you do to glasses frames that you want to get rid of?
I have these frames that I don't enjoy on my face, and I just bought them. I don't know what to do with the frames only....

Eye pain? Eye infection, or something else? Please help!?
Last week, one of my eyes began to itch and water. I left it alone, thinking it could be an eye infection and that I would go in to the doctor if it got worse. The itching and watering lasted for ...

Can contact lenses actually correct vision?
My eye-glasses number is really high for my age (im only 15 and my number is -7.75). and i have a need to change my glasses and number every 6-12 months. At this rate, im afraid that my eye ball will ...

My glasses are Anti-Glare (Anti-reflection)..for only about three weeks?!?
My glasses are about three weeks old, it has anti-reflection coating. The first three weeks were fine until last week I use the spray for the first time (spray was given by where I bought the glasses ...

My Optician diagnosed me with allergy-sore eye's-however this morn I woke up with sticky pus.....?
I have been using allergy eye drops (Sodium Cromoglicate 2.0%) as advised since the 30th April. My Optician suggested I went without contacts for a week and then introduce them into my eye for 10 ...

southernchick
Lasik surgery?
I was considering getting lasik surgery, i was wondering does anybody know the price? or does a medical card cover the expenses?

Marie K
LASIK prices differ widely from one provider to another and depend on many factors. The only universal standard is that LASIK and other refractive surgery prices are quoted per eye (as we do in this article).
Remember that one LASIK procedure equals only one eye even if both eyes are corrected on the same day. So the price quoted for a procedure doubles if you intend to have both eyes corrected. LASIK surgeons also might add extra charges for new technologies, including wavefront analysis for extra precise corrections (custom wavefront LASIK).
A leading industry analyst in 2007 said only 6.9% of conventional LASIK procedures cost less than $1,000 per eye. These procedures are performed with the less expensive options of bladed microkeratomes and conventional excimer lasers, not guided by wavefront analysis. Most customized wavefront procedures that also use laser-created flaps (IntraLase) cost from $1,000 to $2,500 per eye (see charts below)

LASIK prices, after rising for several years, seemed to stabilize in 2006 and 2007. Industry sources report that the average LASIK price in late 2006 was about $1,950. In 2007, LASIK and laser-based procedures charged at a single price (no extra charges added on for new technologies) cost an average $2,099 (see charts below).
There is a really good San Diego Lasik website that has lots of info and some very informative Lasik articles. See the links below:
http://www.lasik-surgery-san-diego.info/
http://www.lasik-surgery-san-diego.info/lasik-eye-surgery-san-diego.htm
http://www.lasik-surgery-san-diego.info/lasik-san-diego-north-county.htm
http://www.lasik-surgery-san-diego.info/lasik-san-diego-east-county.htm
http://www.lasik-surgery-san-diego.info/lasik-san-diego-south-bay.htm
http://www.lasik-surgery-san-diego.info/laser-eye-surgery.htm
http://www.inkjet-cartridge-source.com

darylsgirl1114
Rating
The price completely depends on the place that you go. When I had mine done, the price was $1950 per eye, but because of the insurance I had, they gave me a discount ($1800 per eye.) Not a huge savings, and insurance still didn't cover any part of it, but it was nice to get the small bit of savings! Generally, insurance will not cover Lasik, but you should check with your insurance carrier first.

spirus40
Rating
Figure around 4-5k. Insurance does not usually cover the procedure.

Treece
Rating
Some places advertise deals for $400/eye, but that's for conditions without things like astigmatism. For custom intralase, about $5000-$6000. You may be able to negotiate a deal, since it is usually a cash business. Not likely that insurance pays for it.

fire4511
Some, but not many, insurance plans will cover LASIK. Mine did not and it cost me almost $5000. (blade-less)

It was well worth the cost. I see better now than I ever have in my life (even with glasses or contacts)

Check with a qualified surgeon to see if you are a good candidate for the surgery. Not eveyone is.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy