Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

Am i a FREAK??
Is it normal or am i a freak?!?
my eyeballs have a slight hint of blue they're not fully white, what does this mean?...

Will i need glasses when i am older?
i am 13 and i have worn glasses since i was about 4, my eyes have improved so much that i can see perfectly without them(but my eyes get tired easily without glasses). When i'm an adult will i ...

Eye colours?
Two questions really. I have two different colours in my eyes, orange and green. is that normal? also, if a white person has brown eyes, does that mean they may have black decendants?
A...

What is with these flashing lights in the corner of my eye?
ok so today I've been having these moments where light would just flash in my eye, and the second time it happened I got a slight head ache.
Last year I had something similar but it ...

Colored contacts....?
im getting fresh look colored contacts, i have blue/green eyes, some days they look blue and others green, but mainly blue.... what color should i get that would stand out and look right.... i have ...

Should i wear my glasses when going out ?
I'm short sighted and i have been wearing glasses for a few years. I only use them for seeing the board at school. Sometimes when I got out to shopping centres, parks etc, people and things that ...

What color eyes will my baby have? My eyes are light brown, my bf's are blue/green.?

What causes deteriation of vision?
and how may i prevent it.
thx....

Can 3 year boy use contact lenses??
he has minus 9 number to both the eyes...bacause his eye ball is big in size.......

Is it better to rinse your eyes with warm or cold water?
Say you got shampoo in your eyes, or you're nervous that you might have, so you rinse your eyes out at the end of your shower. Is warm or cold water better? Or does it not make a difference.

Sleeping in contact's ?!?
okay well , im staying the night at my friend kendra's house tonight and i forgot all the things for my contact's .
so what can happen if i sleep in them or what can i do ?

Is it true that to produce a blue eyed baby both parents have to have blue eyes?
i am blue eyed like my dad but my mum and sister are green? it has been playing on my mind for a while now.
Additional Details
peter o - lol bless ...

Do you frequently lose your glasses when you take them off?
It drives me nuts especially at night and I can't see to find them. Is there any solution apart from wearing them on a chain?
Additional Details
Sian - I'm not that bright....

Do you wear eye glasses, would you allow a doctor to take a knife to your eyes, Laysic surgery?
I need glasses, but I don't think I would take a risk of someone taking a knife to my eyes....

Is it true that if you keep your eyes open when you sneeze?
your eyeballs will pop out of your head?...

Are my eyes crossed...or do I have a lazy eye? Lol....pic included. ?
When I was a baby I had crossed eyes. I'm pretty sure I grew out of it, but how would I know? Please let me know if it looks like my eyes are doin' something funky. Thanks. Lol.

What does it mean if I see floaters at the relatively young age of 22?
Its not very common, but usually when I get done doing something like playing sports and getting out of breath I see little black floaters. It also happens when I'm not playing sports if I'...

Color contacts?
ok im getting contacts but i dont know which color to get! any ideas?
this is me
http://s197.photobucket....

Eye Question?
If you can't see from far away does that mean you are 'Near-Sighted' or 'Far-Sighted' I get so confused with that!...

My eye wont stop Twitching?
My right eye has been twitching all day today! I cannot take it anymore....what can I do??...

Braga
It hurts if i blink when i have my contacts on...Whats wrong?
Its only my left eye. It feels as if there is something (inside) the eye lids. Its only when i have my contact on my left eye. my right is perfectly fine. Ive had contacts for about 3 weeks now. It feels as if there is like a crum or something stuck in my eye lids and everytime i blink it hurts my eyes badly and it makes me want to blink more and when i do it hurts and im forced to take them out quickly. I dont want to go to the eye doctor if it isnt something serious like "Leave the contacts out for 3 days". I wear my contacts like i should. In the morning, i put them in for 6 hours, take them out, then after about 3 hours i put them back in to go to my parttime job for about 2-3 hours. After that, empty out the solution thats in my eyelens carrier, put the contacts in, and pour new solution in them. Whats wrong? Should i let them breathe or something? When i have my contact out, i can blink perfectly fine.
Additional Details
They arent ripped nor are they dry or there upside down. There not. I checked them all. There brand new contacts (forgot to mention this), There new ones that i just opened this morning. Its my left eye because i just put in my contact for my right eye and its still irritated. (my perscription is both 2.00)

Aidan S
The contact may have a tear in it.

PPWWWWWNND

unit663
Rating
Mabey it isn't the right shape for your eye! If it is't dirty then go check the fitting with a optomitrist. Why live in discomfort?

jeevarathinam d
THERE IS SOME PROBLEM WIITH CONTACT LENS. IF THE PROBLEMS PERSISTS CHANGE THE LENS AOR WEAR GLASSES. CONTACT DOES NOT SUIT YOU. OR TRY CONTACT LENS FROM UK OR INDIA ITS IW ROKING FINE FRON THE THAT GOOD MANUFACTURERS.

life is good
It's not fitting you correctly. That's the only explanation. I just went through this with my new contacts and it's been about a month of trying different lenses to find the best type. Go back and ask them to carefully check the fit (the diameter and teh base curve) and perhaps find you a better fitting lens.

cmucinderella
I had the same problem and eventually went to the eye doctor. It was also only when I wore my contacts. He took a look at my eye and said that it was allergies. The allergies had caused a little deposit thing to grow on the underside of my lid - I couldn't tell (except for the pain) or see it. He flipped my eye lid inside out and scraped it off (after applying numbing eye drops) No problems after that. Now my eyes are fine again.

This may not necessarily be your problem - but it was mine.

Hi there :D
Rating
i have contacts for about 3 months know and usually i get the same thing

then i take my contact out and clean it REALLY good
usually its just a peice of fuzz or hair
ouch once i had some soap on my hand when i was putting in my contacts
NOW that hurt !!! =[

just one thing though

are you letting your contact case air dry when your contacts arent in there?

thats what your suppose to do

try buying some soothing eye drops =]
good luck♥

~Bell~
Heres problems I ran into

1. flipped the wrong way
2. there is a small tear on the edge of it
3.dry
I had so much trouble with my contacts. Try changing brands, if its not 1 or 2. They have I think there called oasis or something like that, contacts made for dry eyes, they help keep your eyes moist.

I have opened a new contact and there was a tear, but if your sure there isnt then CHANGE THE BRAND Hope this helps

Cat Lady
I have that problem on occasion but it always corrects itself once I take the contact out and rinse/rub with solution and also put some drops in my eye, then put it back in (usually an eyelash). I have the contacts that you leave in 24 hours a day (yes, I sleep in them) and you can wear them for 30 days. I have found that this kind is thinner than my old ones and feel much better. I do have to put Visine for Contacts in my eyes when I wake up because they are really dry and makes me blink a lot. Dryness may be your problem as well. If you take your contact out, rub with solution, rinse your eye, put contact back in, and are still having that pain, I would consult the doc. Also, I've never heard of only wearing contacts for 6 hours. Most of the one's I know of you can wear all day. However, solutions are different, there are the kind that need 6 hours to disinfect and some that you can soak for 5 minutes and are good to go. Also, you might want to make sure that the contact hasn't flipped inside-out. If you have it in that way, it could cause some irritation. When you hold it on your finger it should look like a bowl with the edges perfectly up, if it is inside-out then the edges flare out a bit. I've done that as well and it's not comfortable at all. If you do seek council from your eye doc and are not satisfied with what he/she tells you, remember, you can always go see another doc and get their opinion! Good Luck!!! :-)

luv2bake
Rating
My son just went thru this two weeks ago. It was his left eye too. LOL We thought there was a tear in it but he kept inspecting it and there was NO tear. I took him to the eye dr and they found out that the left contact gotten bacteria on it so that every time he put it in his eye it HURT...his eye would turn red if he left it in there instead of taking it out. But the redness went away if he took the contact out. So who knows. it could be a tear or a bacteria has settled on it...get another left contact and try it instead...keep them lubricated as well. good luck!

PsychoMagnet
Are you sure they are not in upside down?

moultingbird
Rating
I wear contacts too, wash them with the solution provided

pips_325
Rating
they are dry

awissa
Rating
wash them with tons of solution, and make sure the lense isnt inside out. If that doesn't work try a new pair.

DanielleNichole
Rating
your eye may just not be damp enough, try using drops ervey hour or so to help keep them moist. make sure you're cleaning the contacts thoughly if you dont want to go to the eye doctor, just call. they should be able to answer a question like this over the phone. it may be you need a different type of contact, both eyes arent shaped the same, maybe the type you're suing isnt fitting your left eye properly

beverlyhom
Rating
Sounds like your left eye is dry and it's irritated. Have you tried using those tear drops to moisten the eye? They will be near the contact solution, they are called artificial eye lubricants. This may help while your eyes are adjusting to your contacts.

♥Mizz Curly♥
You maybe should get new contacts.The contacts may be dirty,they may have a tear in them,or they may be placed wrong.
If it hurts,for a while you should definaly change ur contacts!
Good luck!

Harry's not scary! /l/
Rating
I wear contacts too... usually when this happens it means there is a rip in your contact, or a hair on it. If possible, change out that contact for a new one. You should be switching to fresh ones once a month, either way... If you're doing that already, and taking care of them just fine, then check closely to see if there is anything on the contact. That is most likely the case. Also, if you are really tired or exhausted, contacts can tend to burn. Hope I helped you.

monix
Rating
It probably has a tear or hole. You need to make sure its intact completley before putting it in your eye or it might damage your eye. Sometimes you just need to flush your eye out as well with Visine. Good luck :)

Stacey P
Rating
there may be a tear in your contact. i had the same exact problem and i could barely see the tear but it hurt like heck.

Settelbanat
Rating
Sounds like you need to go back to the doctor that did the fitting exam. Maybe the contacts chosen do not fit or maybe you have a very small sty in your eyelid.

adventureboyseven
Rating
I wore contacts for 20 years and I have some ideas. First thing I would do is look at the contact in question under super bright light and look for a tiny tear or other imperfection.

It may also be that you have scratched your cornea with a piece of dirt under the contact or something like that. The speck of dirt is likely gone, but the scratch is irritated by the contact. If you think the contact is perfect then try not wearing them for 48 hours and the scratch should heal.

If you wear contacts, the risk of eye infection is considerable higher. if the eye is reddened and not getting better, swollen, and or producing extra gunk see the doc.

Lastly how are you cleaning your lens? I tried the all in one solutions and went back to cleaner and separate storage solution. Speaking of solutions some are more irritating than others, so changing solutions may be something to consider.

Hope you do not need to see the doc.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy