Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

*.*~MIZz . LoLiPoP~*.*
Is there anything I should know when I get contacts?
any concerns.......or something?????

Soccer!
im sorry, i only know a few thin gs about contacts.

-Never touch them without washing your hands
-never sleep with them

oh and a bit of advice-
always use your real eye color contacts. It can look fakey if you dont. if you really hate your eye color, then try to find a colorblend contact. It is a blend of two colors, to make it more realistic.

George
Rating
wash your hands before handling them. dont sleep in them. replace them when your doctor says to and always have enough contact fluid.

J Stang
The most important thing is caring for them properly. This includes good cleaning and storage, changing to a new pair as directed, etc. Always be sure to wash your hands before handling your contacts. If you experience dryness when wearing your contacts, get some eyedrops that moisturize, and are made for use while wearing contacts. Your eye doctor will train you in all the good cleaning and storing techniques, tell you when to switch to a new pair, and how to insert and remove the contacts easily. If you have any questions at all, don't be afraid to ask him. It's good to know as much as you can about your new contacts.

At school or work...always be sure to have a contact lens case and a bottle of solution handy, in case you need to take your contacts out for any reason. If contacts dry out, they will shrink up, and even if you put them in solution later, they won't restore back to their normal size all the way. And don't ever clean your contacts with anything besides contact lens cleaning solutions. Don't use tap water, spit, or anything else that may have bacteria in it. And don't ever wear a contact lens that is torn or looks damaged in any way.

The eye exam is very simple...the usual chart of letters you read...and then some pupil measurements. It's all totally painless, so don't worry about that.

They are very safe to use, as long as you take good care of them. It will take some getting used to, probably around 1-2 weeks. Your eye doctor will send you home with a trial pair to see how you do wearing them. They're usually super comfortable after your eyes have had time to adjust to wearing them.

Bry C
Rating
The above answers are correct in that you always want to use your solution to clean them and that you need to wash your hands before you put them in.

You also should know that it does take a little while before you are used to putting them in and taking them out. The lady told me to give yourself an hour to get them in/take them out the first few days. It took me about 4 days to get used to putting them in. The do feel sort of funny the first few days... sort of like you can feel the edges. This is normal and goes away with time. Using eye drops helps tremendously. You also want to leave them in for limited amounts of time. Try 4-6 hours the first day and then just add time.

Carry a case and a small bottle of solution with you wherever you go just in case you need to take them out. If something gets in them, they tear, or you just can't stand them any more having those things handy will make a big difference.

Also something I learned the hard way... fake nails will lead to really really difficult insertion/removal of the lenses. The opthomologists assistants are really helpful and knowledgable too they can answer any major questions.

The eye exam is pretty standard and then you'll go into a room with one of the assistants and they will talk to through putting them in and taking them out and answer any questions.

Good Luck!

akajacumenos
i've been wearing them since they like came out my tips are very important if you dont want no infection
1. Never sleep in them unless directed by a doc
2. dont take a shower in them
3. Wash hands before putting and taking them off
4. When they are dired, always put the liquid drops on
5. If you drop them, never clean them with water use your drops hehe good luck =]

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy