Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

What causes deteriation of vision?
and how may i prevent it.
thx....

Can 3 year boy use contact lenses??
he has minus 9 number to both the eyes...bacause his eye ball is big in size.......

Is it better to rinse your eyes with warm or cold water?
Say you got shampoo in your eyes, or you're nervous that you might have, so you rinse your eyes out at the end of your shower. Is warm or cold water better? Or does it not make a difference.

Sleeping in contact's ?!?
okay well , im staying the night at my friend kendra's house tonight and i forgot all the things for my contact's .
so what can happen if i sleep in them or what can i do ?

Is it true that to produce a blue eyed baby both parents have to have blue eyes?
i am blue eyed like my dad but my mum and sister are green? it has been playing on my mind for a while now.
Additional Details
peter o - lol bless ...

Do you frequently lose your glasses when you take them off?
It drives me nuts especially at night and I can't see to find them. Is there any solution apart from wearing them on a chain?
Additional Details
Sian - I'm not that bright....

Do you wear eye glasses, would you allow a doctor to take a knife to your eyes, Laysic surgery?
I need glasses, but I don't think I would take a risk of someone taking a knife to my eyes....

Is it true that if you keep your eyes open when you sneeze?
your eyeballs will pop out of your head?...

Are my eyes crossed...or do I have a lazy eye? Lol....pic included. ?
When I was a baby I had crossed eyes. I'm pretty sure I grew out of it, but how would I know? Please let me know if it looks like my eyes are doin' something funky. Thanks. Lol.

What does it mean if I see floaters at the relatively young age of 22?
Its not very common, but usually when I get done doing something like playing sports and getting out of breath I see little black floaters. It also happens when I'm not playing sports if I'...

Color contacts?
ok im getting contacts but i dont know which color to get! any ideas?
this is me
http://s197.photobucket....

Eye Question?
If you can't see from far away does that mean you are 'Near-Sighted' or 'Far-Sighted' I get so confused with that!...

My eye wont stop Twitching?
My right eye has been twitching all day today! I cannot take it anymore....what can I do??...

Can you take a eye out and put in someone elses eye.?
can they do a opertion on your eye and put in someone eles eye....

Is there a difference between prescription & non prescription reading glasses?
for instance can cheap reading glasses harm ...

Can I wear contacts?
I'm getting an eye exam tomorrow at WalMart. I already KNOW my vision is 20/40 or 20/50, so my mom will probably make me get glasses. I don't see anything "blurry," per se, I just ...

I am having trouble reading small print. Should I go and see an optimist? ?

Just recently I've been having a very "Twitchy" left eye - should I be worried?
I think it is the nerve in corner of my eye and I know it probably doesn't look like much but from where I am I feel as though I'm involuntary winking at people!!

Is it stress ...

Have you ever had your eyes tested?
i did today, new glasses ordered....

The screw on my eyeglasses came out...(ultra tiny screw) anyone know of a tool small enough to screw it in?

psychiatrydude
Is laser eye surgery dangerous?
I want to get laser eye surgery in 2 years when I'm 21, but some people have told me that it's a risky surgery. What are the odds of something going wrong?

IAmSoReal
Rating
It can be dangerous, if they make a mistake you'll be blind forever,however that is about 3/10 chance

Mathew B
Rating
there are some odds something may go wrong but they are slight if you need it dont be afraid to get it two of my good friends had one they both like it a lot and love the results

Laura
My dad had it done a few years ago and it went really well, but one of his good friends had it done right before him and it didn't work out as well

Ask around and see what other people think
Good luck =)

Anthony C
Rating
i do to and i think if u have blue eyes like i do then u have a greater chance of the surgery being unsuccessful

RoVale
Rating
If you have dry eyes, don't do it. It will make the problem worse.

mazda rx-7
Don't do it. just take vitamins for your eyes.

Lee
Rating
I had it done and I am really pleased with the results..I had custom intralase which is blade free lasik..(most expensive) The majority of patients have successful outcomes...but like any surgery there are risks......do your research and try to find a surgeon who has performed thousands of operations and is a well known and respected laser eye surgeon. I had some dry eye issues but they have gotten better! Good luck! :)

Harold Jones
it's kinda dangerous, i'd do it when technology is better
Tiger Woods got laser eye surgery and he came out ok

Ryan C
Rating
We don't know if it can cause blindness later on in life, but for now it is... XD

sk8_boy@ymail.com
Rating
my dad had lase eye surgery, its safe as long as the doctor knows what he's doing, but now its wearing away and my dad has to go back to glasses...it was good for about 7 or 8 years

Cloak
Rating
you could have a bad reaction to it or if you have it done you might not like the color anymore

Dawn R
Rating
i have worked in the eye profession for years. and out of 12,000 sx there has not been one that i have seen. they do not take anything away or put anything on. they do "shave down" the cornea, but its not like they are cutting you open. you should be fine. most places have seminars and are willing to talk with you on any questions you may have. i wouldnt worry

DV
i thought about doing 1 eye at a time...that way if something goes wrong then ill just keep my other bad-visioned eye.

That Guy
Any type of surgery is inherently risky. The way it is done now is so common that the risks are really small. Just make sure you go with a good doctor who has done a lot of the procedures, and don't go to one of the places that advertises. Never use a Dr who advertises, nor a lawyer, there is a reason they advertise, they are not good enough to (or are greedy) get word of mouth or recommendations from other Dr's

WIsh upon a falling star...
Rating
A lot of people had good luck with it, but when my grandpa did it, they messed up and it made him partially blind, so there is risk. For the most part though, it's pretty safe; you just have to listen carefully to what your doctor says and if you have any concerns or questions about the procedure, ask them. I know vigorous exorcise is discouraged for a few days following, but I'm not sure about the exact things you should be weary of. Just asks questions and feel free to contact your eye doctor for more information. In two years, they might have perfected it more, so if that's when you're planning on doing it, I'd call in and get some information and then check up closer to the date you plan on having it done to see if anything has changed. Good luck!

<3
my grandfather got it done and he said it wasnt that bad. he was soooo happy he did it afterwards. i dont think its that risky as long as you have a good doctor.

Koi Fish
You should speak to your eye doctor about that. Some people have higher risks than others. Also...I'm not sure when the eye stops growing/changing.

Tiny Girl
This is what some ppl told me :

Everything that emits light will become blurry when you look upon them.

prissymama
Rating
Everyone says this but I really think it's the dr that makes the problems. I had a great dr and no problems been almost 4 years. Would recommend that everyone does it!

belle
Rating
its risky but every1 i know who got it done is just fine.
they got it done in their countries since its cheaper..
so im guessing if they cud trust the poorest of countries.. im sure they have great clinics here too
just take a survey of the doctor b4 u do tho

bstella70
Rating
As with any surgery there are risks involved such as infection or even a mistake during the procedure. Do your research about the place and the surgeon that will be performing the procedure and asks for references.
I had Lasix done last year at the age of 22. The entire procedure took about 15 minutes and I walked out of there with 20/20 vision. It wasn't painful just uncomfortable because they put these things around your eyelids to prevent you from closing them. Keep in mind that most of the procedure is performed by the laser machine that beams into your eye, so they are pretty accurate as long as they have been calibrated properly.
Good Luck!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy