Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

Why is my left eye sore and red?
had to remove left contact lens today and my eye is continually sore, dry and red. Looks yucky? Any suggestions!...

Contact Lenses?
How often should you change your contact lense solution in your contact case. Everyday? Once a week? Once a month? When it looks really disgusting? It doesn't better? Never? etc.?...

Are contacts worth it. Should I get them.?
I am 13 years old, and me and my parents are deciding wheher or not for me to get contacts.

I hate the look of my glasses, but are contacts even that great of a choice? What are the odds I ...

Opticians: Where is the best place to have your eyes tested?

I'm getting my pupils dilated for the first time?
im 13 and i have no idea what to expect..
What will it be like? will it hurt?
What are they gunna do to me? Should i take my contacts out?

Just wondering what its like~
T...

My eyes don't hurt they just feel exhausted?
Lately I have been spending allot of time on the computer and one of the sides on both of my eyes is a little (just a little) yellow. When I cover my eyes with my hands they feel sooo much better for ...

Has anyone had lasik eye surgery?
Has anybody had any side effects?...

Changing your eye color with with food coloring...?
Is it possible? A while back somebody told me it could work, but I'm seriously doubting it. It sounds highly unlikely. I really want to change the color of my eyes, though, and if it does work ...

Laser eye surgery?
Hi,
I'm thinking of having laser eye surgery as I am short sighted and need glasses for driving and watching t.v. However my near vision is very good. I am aged 43. Will I need reading ...

My eyes. Help me !?
is it normal to have red veins in the white part of your eyeball? I have one red vein in my right eye and its really freaking me out. Im scared and i dont know what to do/
do any of you have ...

Just got my contacts in for the first time, focusing is odd?
I feel proud I just got my contacts in after 10 minutes for my first try. I had been wearing the same glasses for years.

Anyways onto my question I can see fine, except for when I'm ...

My eye sight is getting a little bit worse. is there any thing i can eat besides carrots?

Is there anywhere in Grand Rapids, Mi that I can donate my used eye glasses?
I have 2 pairs of glasses that I'd like to ...

Am I legally blind?
I was born premature and had a retina detachment in my right eye because it didn't develop all the way.

My eyesight with glasses in my left eye is 25/20 and the right eye is nothing. ...

Glasses or contacts or none?

Is there anyway to improve eye vision without glasses?
I'm probably going to get my drivers permit soon, and I need glasses to be able to see. Isn't there like eye drops or something to improve your eye vision without the need of glasses?
<...

Only one eye of mine waters, why not both?
well i have a cold but when i laugh real hard i make tears but again only in one eye. why?...

My glasses broke in half, how can i fix them?
they're broken right in the middle on the little nose bridge thing
i'm able to fix them at home, right?
the only thing i could think of was using superglue, so ive been using ...

How can you determine at home how good is your eyesight?

Spiderman 3?
By the time the movie was toward the end i had trouble focusing, not blurry or anything but i mean loss of concentration especially in the center of the screen. I was sitting mid row roughly in the ...

fearthefin4
Is it ok to wear "disposable" contacts more than once?
I purchase rather expensive daily disposable contacts, and just found out from a friend who worked for an optometrist that these contacts can be worn for more than one day...is this true?

Sam
Rating
well of course it's true. disposables come in 2 packages: u can dispose them after 2 weeks of wear or after 30 days of wear.

this is so funny that i have 2 thumbs down. lol.

nelly
I did that when I wore contacts. You just have to make sure you always clean them in solution.

Poopy
Yes - that's what I've been doing with mine, ever since I started wearing contact lenses about 10 years (or more!) ago. I just put them in every morning, and take them out every night, rinsing/rubbing with solution and then storing in solution in the little lens case. I've never had a problem with them, and can often get 4-6 weeks out of them before disposing. That way, a box of 12 lenses lasts me almost a whole year (a good 9-10 months, anyway).

Hope this helps!

princeidoc
Rating
no. this is a common theme, even among some uneducated health care professionals.

its false. a daily disposable is not designed for more than one wear. they are paper thin with high water content and absolutely will not stand up to multiple handling events (removal and insertion).

sorry. "daily disposable" means 1 wear/1 handling event.

Nick C
Yes, they are actually made to be worn 3-5 days, just as long as you take care of them.

brneyedgirl
No. Daily contacts are just that, made to wear daily. The matrix of these lenses is very thin. They can rip or tear easier than 2 week disposables. Please listen to your optometrist or optician on the wearing schedule, not your friend.

Lita
Rating
I wear disposables and yes you can as long as you rinse them after used in a very mild contact's liquid. the bad thing is that they are quite fragile and they will brake easily.
I would not recommend use them more than 3 times because bacteria starts to build up and this kind of contacts do not do well will anti-bacteria liquids.
Good Luck!

麓炉0())))禄路.赂赂.路麓麓炉`路路._.路
Rating
you can if you keep them really clean, but I'd do it no more than a day or two...or used 2 or 3 times. be safe, it's only your eyes

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, October 20, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy