Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

Are contacts a pain in the but?and do they hurt?

What is your eye color
sorry im ...

What are the disadvantages of laser eye surgery?
My friends dad had it and his eyes turn red and start hurting every night past 9. Is this true? what else could happen?...

A question about contacts?
I have a major problem about contacts & glasses.

This morning me and my mom went to the eye doctor to get my eyes checked. I got glasses in 5th grade [now I'm going into 8th]...

How does our eyesight get worse?

Contact lenses (Boots) ?
I am 16 and would like to buy contact lenses. I know you have to pay quite a lot each month but that's OK. I've looked on the Boots website under the Opticians section, and it says if you ...

Can a person's eye color change over a period of time?
Like, get lighter?...

Does Masterbaiting cause dizzyness and drowsy eyes?
Because lately I been feeling very I been Feeling dizzy and weird and im not sure if its because of masterbating to much or not, but every time I do masterbait I get that dizzy feeling right away

Eye colour change or surgery?
where can i get surgery or something done in uk to change my eye colour permanently, ive heard of coloriris but its not in uk, so where do i get this done or i have heard of lasik....

A few questions about contacts?
Hi like I said in my other question, I'm a 6th grader who is having trouble reading from the back of the class.

1) Do contacts hurt to put inside your eyes?
2) Do you have to ...

Is it true that watching TV too closely is bad for your eyes and you can start to go blind?

Can I wear contacts?
I have strabismus and an astigmatism. Is it medically possible for me to wear contacts? I have to see the eye doctor soon, but I just wanted to see if anyone else could give me some info before hand....

I want to change my eye color but dont need contacts?
i have 20/20 vision and dont need contacts is there any other way to change my eye ...

If you drop a contact lense in the sink, rinse it off with tap water, then put it in your eye, are you in?
danger of anything bad happening to you?...

Can anyone help me with my eye problem? ( 10 pts.)?
my right eye is smaller than my left lately and i keep putting drops in it but its not working. it seems to be and look a wee bit more irritated. ( little red veins around pupil) well it looks weird ...

Astigmatism!?
Is my astigmatism pretty bad if I can't wear normal colored contact lenses? My eye doctor told me there's only one company that makes them for my type of eyes. Also when I wear contacts ...

Does wearing contact lenses make your eyes dry?
If you wear contact lenses a lot, do your eyes become progressively dryer? And not just dry when you have them in, but do the actual eyes get more dry?...

How would you describe your eyes?

BLIND???ll?
How do u know if you are going blind? what may causes blindness? What happens when you look at the sun? does that really make you go blind? I am myopic (cant see far away) i can make my vision ...

Any solutions to cure sty?
I guess it's called a sty but I've never heard that. My gf has a painful bump on her eyelid. Anything to help it go away?...

ilovecandy
Is it better to sleep with your contacts for one night, or to leave your lenses in plain water overnight?
many times i go someplace and i forget my lense solution so i sometimes dont know which would be the best option to do...thanx!

Joe M
Plain water is the best. Sleeping with them in is an easy way to lose one (also it'll get all folded up and dry out).

Friday
Rating
Putting them in plain water is a bad idea. One of my friends did it and he said it hurt like heck. Personally if I had no other choice I would just sleep with them in.

his_lil_angel2004
If you forget your solution rather than put the contacts in plain water which can cause deposits to build up, it's best just to leave them in .

S P
Rating
sleep in them. Don't put them in plain water.

dreaming_in_lights_and_sirens
Rating
Neither are very good, but leaving them in are best. Plain water has a different chemical make-up to contact solution (obviously) and could damage them.

Leaving them in can cause your eyes to be irritated and dried out when you wake up, so take your contacts out as soon as you can. In the mean time I rub water around my eyes to moisten them, and blink frequently for a few seconds to promote tears which normally lubricate your eyes and contacts.

Why don't you consider putting a small amount of contact solution in a film canister, something small and easy to carry around in a pocket, purse or backpack? Then you could put one contact in the lid and the other in the canister when you need to take them out at night. Just remember to change the solution frequently, so it doesn't collect dirt.

‚ô•Alumni‚ô†...babies comes june19:)
Put them in contact lens solution....that's what you should do. Don't sleep w/them in...if you have an optometrist he/she should've told you that....:/

compnrd123
I wear contacts too I usually just sleep in them because Im too tired to talk them out. nothing ever happens to my eyes but i did put them in water once over night in two cups. someone though they were just cups of water so they threw them out. if you do put them in water i suggest labeling them

Skankeisha
if they're disposable, throw them away until you can get new ones.

Jasdeep G
Rating
Leave them in water, they'll turn GREEN!

I slept in my contacts last night...didn't have a choice

cindoggie
Rating
i would imagine just leaving them in for a night would be much better than soaking them in plain water.

mydriasis
Both are bad... But if those are truly the only two options it would be better to sleep in them; people who sleep in their lenses are at a 15x higher risk of infection... Plain tap water, though, has lots of bacteria in it that is safe for our stomachs but definitely NOT safe for our eyes. It gets into the microscopic cracks in the lenses and can grow there and cause major infections.

There are lenses out there that have been designed to sleep in, and since you say this has happened 'many times' it would be worthwhile talking to your optometrist about getting fitted with these lenses. There are some that you can wear up to 30 days in a row without taking them out at all. Another option would be to ask you opto for a trial size solution that is in a small bottle that you could keep in you purse or make-up bag for situations like these. (Some drug stores may have these small sizes too).

Please remember that both of the options you suggest are putting your eyes at unnecessary risk for complications like a very painful and vision-threatening corneal ulcer. Contacts are a medical device and you have to treat them with respect (or just find a cute pair of glasses instead!)

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.054
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, August 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy