Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

What eye color do you guys prefer?
Anyone can answer.
Blue-green?
Brow?
Yellow-Green?
Hazel?
Additional Details
mine are blue...with like felcks of yellow and green.what color would you call that?...

Can putting lemon into my eye change color?
well can it.
good answers ...

What is this annoying thing i'm seeing?
Just a couple months, I noticed that sometimes i can see lil thing floating around in my vision. It's very tiny looks like lint but it's not. I'm on the computer a lot so I don't ...

Should I wear my contacts on a airplane??
The flight is 2 hours and 30 min. I know airplanes are dry. I will be flying Jet Blue so does the type of airplane effect the dryness of the air????...

I can't stop blinking my eyes.?
lately, for the past two days, i have been blinking soooo much. Like twice every second. Literally. It feels my eyes are cold, and there is constant blowing. Like its the feeling when you stick your ...

What's This Thing In My Eye?
I get this on and off, just these clear little gelly like things that float through my eye. They don't hurt or anything, I just can't see through them. They move too, I can get them out ...

Favourite Eye Colour?
Whats ur fave eye colour my eyes are a dark hazel green & i luv Bright blue eyes

So whats ur fave eye colour?...

Why is there more than one type of colour for eyes?

I see streaks of white light in my left eye?
kk wel this is like the 6 time happening in 1 year. i was at school (im 13) and all of the sudden i see little white moving lights in my left eye (its like a sawrm of insects) but it goes away in ...

Can i get lasik eye surgery if im 12 about 2 b 13?
i will b 13 on september 5th....

Glasses vs contacts?
I have astigmatism and slight nearsightdness. I have both glasses and contacts, but was wondering why I see better through my glasses. With my contacts, it sometimes is blurry especially up close, ...

Do you wear glasses?

Glasses or contacs?
which is more expensive: prescription glasses or ...

Putting contacts in my eyes?
just tried contacts and the opticians was quite impatient making comments about how i was the third person in his 10yr career who couldn't do it straightaway, obviously this made me feel worse,i ...

I want galsses but my eyes are fine. What should I get perscuption for?
My eyes are fine, I just look good in glasses. I want to were them. I need to know what to ask for. Like the linse. I want ones that dont really make a diferance.

sorry for the mis ...

My dad has been having really bad eye redness in both eyes and they are both very puffy?
he hasnt been to the doctors yet, what could this be?...

What am I seeing?
When I blink, alot of the time I will se black dots and sometimes I see these like, see-through wormlike things, They look like worms and some are ssquiggly and have light lines in them. What in the ...

What color are my eyes? i'm so confused.?
http://i30.photobucket.c
on the right :]

http://i30.photobucket.c

Why does my eye sometimes have a twitch?

Why does my right eye look slightly smaller than the other??

ydprz74
Is it Possible to lose your contact lense inside your eye?
My friend asked me this question because he just started to wear contacts.

POS
yeah it could slide up to the brain

Justen K
yes it can roll behind your eye and it hurts

belkin8414
Rating
No. Contacts are unnoticeable from far distance, but look at your eyes in the mirror and you can see the edges of them.

luvcheer
Rating
IDK, maybe- thats why you have to be careful!

Sweettie
no

jenniferrr
It could shift up to the roof, but not get lost. I've heard that if you get tear a little, it'll shift back in place. If this happens, then you'll probably want to put water in your eye? But it's really rare for it to get lost.

sick
no, if you look in a mirror and pull your lower lid down you'll see that its basically sealed, its the same way under the top eyelid. if you loose a contact its probably under one of your lids and you can get it out and if its not under your lid then dont freak out it just fell out of your eye.

AceCarr
There is a membrane inside your eye called your conjunctiva, and is anchored onto your sclerea (the white part of your eye). This membrane stops anything going up behind your eyeball.

It can feel like a contact lens is behind your eye but its actually up underneath your eyelid. If a contact lens gets underneath your upper lid it can be a bit uncomfortable, but normally you can get it out yourself. If you cant, your optician can easily whip it out, or if they are closed your local A&E department can get it out in a jiffy!

help
Rating
it is possible to lose your contact lense inside your eye. if you do where contact lenses be careful because if you do lose it it can be very painful.

florx7
Not really, but it is possible for it to slip far to an extreme side of an eye where you can't get it out. If this happens though, the best thing to do is take a nap or keep your eyes closed for an extended period of time. Eventually the contact will slip back to the front of the eye.

owlet_atheism
Rating
Yes it is possible.

"A rigid contact lens can dislocate from the cornea and settle into the upper fornix. Eventually, the lens may erode through the conjunctiva and enter the soft tissues of the lid where it can remain relatively asymptomatic. Alternatively, the tissues around the contact lens can become irritated and inflamed producing a sterile abscess. The lens foreign body can incite the formulation of granulation tissue around the lens, encapsulating it in a cystlike structure."

schoolcrazy0971
Rating
no. there is a natural membrane in your eye that separates the inside from the outside. this could never, EVER happen. good luck

Almog
Rating
There's a natural barrier of sorts that makes it very impossible for the lens to get stuck there. However, if the lens is soft it could sometimes get folded and create the illusion that it is gone. Extracting it is pretty easy.

DustyBox
Nope. It might get stuck under the lid slightly but it can always be gotten out.

jordan
no.

fall out, yes.
get lost in, no.

Frgdbghsdf R
Rating
no it's impossible.

cgandj
Rating
no you can always dig them out.

Chinesegirl92
NO. Whatever you've heard from other people simply isn't true. It's physically impossible for the lens to roll into the back of your eye (aka losing the lens in your eye). The most it can move "out-of-bounds" is on the top of your eye.

If you're still unsure, visit your optometrist and ask questions! Contacts are designed to cover the area it's supposed to, and moving so far away from its designated area is difficult (if not impossible). Make sure not to SLEEP in your contacts, as that may be the cause of the "moving contacts". Good luck ~

libertywarrior
I don't know.... I've had lenses go way back off center, on the white part. Then it's hard to find them. You could need help getting them when they do that. I had one lense tear apart, tear in two. I saw the one part and got it. Went to a doctor, he could not find the other part in my eye. Went to another doctor, he could not find the other part either. Don't know where it went????? Maybe stuck to hand and then came off somewhere. Anyway, good luck with your lenses.

Twirl
I have contacts too, and you can't lose it because it would have to come out eventually, but it can move back under your eyelid and kind of get stuck in the corners far enough that it can't be seen when you open your eye. That's happened to me a couple times, and it hurts a little but you just have to hold your eye open and try to get it out. If it's so far back you can't get to it, you need to go to the doctor and have them remove it there. Don't worry though, this doesn't happen very often and you can usually get it out yourself.

the NICOLE
umm no. i don't think so cause it's never happened to anyone that i know that wears them, including me

but it can rip in your eye and that hurts like helll .

twinkietamer
No, it's a lie that your contact can get stuck behind your eye.

(identity unknown)
Rating
no. It may move around if you are not careful though

The Robes
Rating
Very rarely, it can shift upwards toward the roof of your eye, but you should be able to get it, and it'll never get lost in you eye.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy