Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

Whats the best place to buy glasses? LensCrafters?
Looking to buy a new pair of glasses? Any good places to buy some for a good price. LensCrafters is close to where I live, so I was going to go there and look at some. Anyone had any experience ...

What was the worst thing you have ever got in your eye and you feared blindness? share some stories?
wokring at my grocery store tody i was pouring a cleaner called Lestoil into a mop bucket full of water and some how a few drips shot up into my eye and it burned terribly. panicked for a second but ...

To person who is colorblind and mixes up red and green, what would those two colors look like to them?

Additional Details
Thanks for all your great answers....

What is wrong with my eye?
My left eyelid was quite sore last night, it hurt when i blinked and when i touched it. I woke up this morning and it was still hurting and looked in the mirror and it has sort of.. sunken!

What color are your eyes????
Considered if they are a light brown around your pupil and the rest of the eye is green.......

Is laser eye surgery thousands of dollars?
im considering it..i wanted to know how much money it would be..i have insurance but im almost positive they wouldnt cover something like ...

What happens when you get blood in your eye?
Just ASKING...

Cleaning my glasses?
Is there a good way to clean eye glasses?

Also, when out and about, is there a decent way of cleaning them if it starts to rain and get water on them? Constantly having problems with that,...

Why can't I drink water after midnight before surgery?
My husband is having eye surgery and they are not going put him under. So, I was wondering why he can't eat or drink anything after midnight before the 11:00 am surgery....

Do you know anybody with purple eyes?

Is there a phobia of....?
something touching your eye? I currently wear glasses and I tried to go get contacts the other day, but I just couldn't do it! He was holding my eye open, about to put the contact lense in and......

Why does my eye hurt?
Its been stinging for about an ...

How do i improve my vision?
no glasses ,surgery ,contacts. i'm near ...

13 in ireland please read?
i am board every day any ideas

Is pink eye a reason to stay home from work?
I am a counselor at a day camp and I think I'm getting pink eye. It is Saturday night and I go to work early every weekday morning.

I work with children all day and it is pretty much ...

Driving glasses?
i need glasses........... but i will only wear them 1-3 hours TOPS
i need them for driving [duhh]
so when i take the visual exam will they let me use my glasses?...

What's healthier to wear... glasses or soft contact lenses? Why?

How do you know when you have a sty?
Are they lumps on your eye??...

When short sighted people wear glasses is that the same as 20/20 vision?

Where's a good place to buy prescription sunglasses?
All the sunglasses I own aren't prescription, so I basically can't see when I wear them. I want to get some prescription sunglasses that are in style. Most of the ones I've seen are ...

brian b
If your eye vision is bad, can you still get contacts?
My friend was denied contacts because her vision was strong and that the lenses would be too thick. My vision is pretty horrible. When I don't wear my glasses while driving car headlights/taillights look REALLY bright/blurry? I don't know the numbers [ex. 20/20]. Can anyone with slightly bad/really bad vision still wear contact lenses?

jakob w
Rating
it depends on who dad your eyes are

pinkang3l1
yepp
trhat is so weird how ur friend was denied contacts tho xp

person
thats the point of contacts

gossip girl
Yes, contacts correct your vision. They are pre-prescribed most of the time, meaning that the eye doctor just finds the right prescribed pair of contacts for you. If both eyes are different, then you have to get 2 boxes (both different, one for left and right).

SKiTTLES :]
yeah b/c i have REALLY REALLY bad vision!!!! and i got contacts!!!!! when u get contacts and u have them 4 about a week u wont even feel them i've been wearing contacts 4 about 2 years!!! no some contacts are NOT soo thick if u want thin contacts just ask 4 some!!! good luck!!

seenotes
Rating
Yes, in most cases. Your friend however probably has a refractive error that is not conducive to contact wear- such as a moderate to severe astigmatism that is oriented to an axis that would cause the contacts to be difficult as best to keep in.

cafff
Rating
i wear contacts but they are disposable ones because im only like 3.5 in each eye, but my dad is about 10 in each eye which is pretty bad and he also wears contacts, just they are non-disposable ones so a completely different type to mine. if i were you id just go and ask your optician or mention it in your next eye test

Capricorn
Rating
Sure
I never heard of being denied bc of thick lenses...i mean its not like they put the same lenses they put in frames in ur eyes...the prescription is in the contact...i think she may have assumed they would deny her without actually visiting the dr.

billieleann78
Rating
Yes! My eyes are so bad I have a restriction on my drivers licenses! I will get arrested without one or the 2 contacts or glasses.
I wear contacts.

Yes, in fact contacts work better in most cases on people with a high degree of nearsightedness.

impurrfect10
Sure you can. I am partially blind and am able to wear contacts.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, July 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy