Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

Will my eyes be more damaged if i dont regularly wear my eyeglasses?
i am near-sighted with 20/50 vision but im worried that my eyes will be more damaged if i dont wear my glasses..
im tired having them on. but i dont prefer contact lenses
Additional D...

Is axe shower gel dangerous if in eye?
I accdentaly splashed some in my eye and i rinsed it out but is it dangerous is there something I should do?...

Why hasn't someone ever invented some kind of windshield wipers for eyeglasses?
I know that sounds crazy but if you've worn glasses all your life like I have, you would wonder too. We have ways to shield sun over our eyeglasses, why can't we prevent the rain from ...

Has anyone had lasik done?
what was the outcome im getting it done today any advise???...

Can you get a bug bite inside your eye?
my sister has a bump and it itches...what else would it ...

Is There Anyway I Can remove the scratches off my glasses without having to buy a scratch remover?

Contacts :]?
Ok, so im 13 and in 8th grade, and ive been wearing glasses for a very long time, around 1-3 years. Well now im tired of wearing glasses and i want to switch over to contact lenses. It will help me, ...

What did my contacts do to my eye?
Today, I was wearing my contacts but then they started to hurt in my left eye. It felt as if a piece of dust or something was inside it and it was irritating. I couldnt take it out so i left it in ...

Will i eventually go blind?
am 19 yrs and have been wearing spectacles for the past 9yrs.Am short sighted and instead of it correcting ma eyes its rather getting bad am currently -7.5. What can i do. Or.............

Which is the best eye hosipatal in the world?
i have a squint in my left eye and i want to get it corrected by a surgery. will someone please tell me which is the best eye hosiptal in the world and who is the best doctor to go to , who is ...

My eye has been twitching constantly for about 3 months now everyday. Would there be a problem?
I have been to specsavers for an eye test about 4 months ago and everything was ok although they said my eyes were dry.
Any idea?
Additional Details
Only my LEFT ...

Contact Lenses Help?
How can I get over my fear of putting contact lenses in? When I was 9, I tried contact lenses, but I had a really hard time getting them in. One time, I somehow blinked while putting them in, and it ...

I have these things in my eyes?
I have a little thing that look like a ball on my eyelid. You can't see it unless you fold my lower lid down. It doesn't hurt. Its white. The thing is in my left eye. The thing is not huge ...

I hear all these ads about great deals for corrective eye surgery, but what does the procedure cost?

What do the eye doctor do to find out if you have Glaucoma during an eye exam?
What do they do in Lenscrafter...im really nervous..does it hurt? thanks
Additional Details
what happens when the eye doctor makes your pupil wider? can u see? does it hurt?...

Whats the best vitimin to take to make the eye stronger? i get sore eyes caus they feel weak, structurely?
i just want my eyes and everything in them to feel stronger, not just for visual but to feel strong and comfortable. ...

If you're wearing contact lenses, does blinking accidentally move the lenses from position?
Is it bad to close your eyes while you're still wearing your contact lenses?...

How high are any risks for LASIK? 10 POINTS?

I am so bored does anyone know something fun to do online?

Contact question? Need help ASAP!?
What should you do If you are going to go swimming in a pool? Should you take you contacts out? Or what should I do>? Help Its tommorow!...

lilhoneybabi
If astigmatism is left untreated will it worsen your vision/ astigmatism?

Additional Details
i have astigmatism...and i bought regular contacts...and i have headaches..plus i see blurry when i wear my contacts

arikashikari
contacts can correct an astigmatism. an astigmatism is when your eye is shaped like a football. a normal eye is shaped like a basketball. toric contacts lenses are weighted and they kind of reshape your cornea. regular contacts don't do that. toric lens are expensive but they are better in the long run. then later you can wear regular!

Paul MB
Astigmatism isn't a disease. It's a description of (basically) the shape of the cornea, the clear part behind which you can see the blue/grey/brown...part.

If light rays traveled left to right, from the left side of the page to the right side of the page...and you drew a line down the middle of the page, about an inch long, or so....and the light rays passed through the line, the line being a regular house window glass thing, they wouldn't deviate.

If the vertical line was a "spherical" lens, then all the lines that hit it from the left would converge to a single point over on the right side. The distance from the lens to the point where they all meet at the same time is called the focal distance. The point is called the focal point.

Magnifying lenses bend light this way. So you can take a magnifying lens, go outside and focus the sun onto a piece of paper or a piece of wood or leaf or ?, and all the light rays from the sun will converge and meet at that point. There's enough energy there to cause a fire.

If you were to look at that curved surface, and had lines running through the center, sort of like a clock face, all the lines would have the same curve. The line from 12 to 6 would have the same curve as the ones from 8 to 2 or 10 to 4.

That's a spherical surface.

If you had a really flat magnifying glass, you'd hold the lens further away from the paper for it to focus the sun. That larger focal distance indicates that that lens is "weaker", as it doesn't bend the light rays as 'fast' or as sharply.

If you took a basketball, made of glass or a spherical glass ball of some sort, and chipped a piece of glass off of it, all the curves would be the same.

If you used a doughnut, made of glass...or a football made of glass, and chipped off a piece of it, there'd be two curves. The sharpe curve or really round curve or really small radius curve would bend light faster or closer to the lens. The flat part would bend light too, but it's focal distance would be further away. So if you tried to focus the sun with this lens with a really curved surface 90 degrees away from a flatter curved surface, you'd get two focal points, two focal distances.

So the image of the sun wouldn't be a sharp little dot. It'd be a long dot which would slowly move 90 degrees to another long dot. And in between those two focal points would be a little circle where the least amount of dispersion of the light rays occurs. This is called the circle of least confusion.

So because you have a little astigmatism, means you have a little astigmatism. It's a physical observation. You are 8 feet tall with green hair, and purple skin from the planet Zod. Well, everyone from Zod is like that. Some are taller, some shorter, some less green, some more green (hair thing) and some with purple skin and some with pink and some with really red skin. Astigmatism is just the shape. Not everyone has spherical eyes.

There are people with astigmatic corneas that when they go get their Rx for glasses, have NO astigmatism. The shape of the cornea measured on a keratometer indicates that there are two curves 90 degrees apart where one is fairly flat, and one more curved. They 'should' have an astigmatism as measured by their refraction. But these people don't. This is because the lens inside the eye has adjusted itself to counteract that corneal irregularity or corneal nonspherical form. (I find that just amazing).

Most of us still have SOME astigmatism. If you get it corrected in your glasses you get to see better.

If you don't, it won't worsen or betterin itself, it just is and will be...And it may get a little better or a little worse, but it won't change much, it just doesn't. Afterall, we're zods.

♥
Rating
ask your eye doctor !

cubanito_pingudo
ask a doctor

Hufflepuff
Rating
No--the result of wearing the contacts is that they aren't clearing up your vision as much as it needs to be cleared up. That's probably why you are getting the headaches. Switch to toric lenses. You eyesight isn't getting hurt by the lack of correction for the astigmatisms.

gapeach
Rating
You see blurry with the regular contacts because your astigmatism is not being treated. You need to buy toric contact lenses (contacts for astigmatism.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, April 19, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy