Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

How tall am i?
DO YOU KNOW how tall i am?? try your besst(im not a short personn))...

What should I do to prevent myself from falling asleep during classes?
HELP ME OUT....

What does this eyes glasses prescription mean?
OD: plano (or plaro?) -0.25 x 90
PD: 67 mm

Thanks!...

What is the cause of severe dry eyes?
I been using advaced oyasys contact because of dry eyes, also using rewetting eye drop, but still my eyes are getting drier and contact is not comfortable, i wonder why?...

Under eye bags!!?
I get plently of sleep thanks!! I have always had them- if it was sleep I wouldnt be asking for your advice!!!!!...

How old do i have to be to get contacts?
Im 12 and i want contacts badly. i wore glasses for 2 years and i dont know if im old enough cuz my parents tell me that im not!! need a good answer
Additional Details
Also what brand is ...

My eyes. I have flashing lights around my eyes?
Recently, I've been experiencing some light flasing around my eyes. I've worn glasses since i was 3 years old. I'm now 37. I'm a type 1 diabetic. I don't have high blood ...

Any vitamins or mineral tablets to refresh our eyes? please help.?

Additional Details
My eye lens gets bulgy and it looks old and tired than it's age....

My eyes are always watering and sometimes I find stringy things inside my eyes is this normal?

Strange Bright Flashes in My Eyes??
I wear glasses and have very blurry vision.. I'm short sighted.. without them... But just in the last week I have been seeing these strange bright flashes of white light about 2 times a day... S...

My baby eyes becoming red ,she is 5 months old can i use eye drops for it ,will there be any side effects ?
doctor given ocurest sterile eye drops will it have any side ...

Will staring at my computer screen for 8 hours day during work damage my eyes or vision?
Just curious because I am on my computer pretty much all day....

Eye bogeys?
In the morning I get squidgy and hard things in my eyes, i wash them in cold water, but sometimes i get them in the day, whats the best way to prevent them or get rid of them - am in normal?...

A tough question - who can answer?
Well, I'm slightly short sighted so I can see things close up really well but if it's more than a metre or so away I can't see it so well unless I wear glasses. If (when I'm not ...

What is the eye dr. looking for when he/she dilates my eyes?
i always decline to have my eyes dilated when i go for my check up with my eye dr. but she says its important to let her dilate my pupils. what is she looking for??

Please Help!?
I have a sty. What is the quickest way to get rid of it?
Additional Details
*katie* - it is a minor infection in your eye......

Should I buy contact lenses??
I play Broomball, Volleyball, Soccer and Badington, I usually dont wear my glasses to play broomball and was wondering if i should just continue don't wear glasses or buy contact lenses to see ...

Where do I get it repaired?
lived abroad a bit and bought my glasses there. came back to the uk and one of the springs snapped. went to specsaverse, vision express and another one but they all told me they are not allowed to ...

Eye Doctors and All, Does This Make Sense?
I asked another contributor at Yahoo Answers this question:
"In most cases, is obesity inherited?"

The answer I got was:
"Not exactly. Metabolic rates are ...

What do you do if you get tillex bleach in your eye?

irish22063
If I have 20/20 vision in one eye and 20/400 vision in the other-how can I not be legally blind. I can not?
wear glasses or contact on the bad eye. I had surgery 20 years ago at 26 on both eyes and my bad eye is oval shaped because of the schleral buckle. The aid of any lense cannot make the distance(depth) meet. My vision is warped which causes chronic migraine headaches- diagnosed as ocular migraines.headaches. Why can't I get disability. I do not read any more unless I have to, drive & watch tv with one eye shut!
Additional Details
Now I also have the beginning stages of ctaracts in both.

JayStar7
Rating
you are they just dont want to tell you

2D
To be considered legally blind your vision must be at least 20/200 with correction. Since you have 20/20 vision in one eye you aren't blind. I was legally blind at one time 20/200 with correction, suffered migraines, but I never got disability. I didn't even try. Now, since I've had my surgeries my vision is fine, but I still have the ocular migraines. I do feel for you. Good luck. 2D

Kenzi
If you have 20/20 vision in one eye, that is good enough to see. Your brain makes your vision work to give you the best vision possible, so you should be seeing 20/20 all the time. I have never had any depth perception, but they don't consider that to be a problem.

Flying Dragon
I believe in the US, to be "legally blind" you have to be unable to see any better than 20/200 WITH CORRECTION! Since one of you eyes is OK you aren't legally blind. The deffinition of legally blind might be different in different countries or jurisdictions however.

yagman
Rating
The decision as to whether you are classified as legally blind has nothing to do with what you or I think. It has everything to do with what the law reads. And unfortunately, the definition of legal blindness requires that BOTH eyes be substandard. One of your eyes could be physically out of your head and you still would not meet the legal requirements for blindness if the remaining eye sees as it should. NOW though, it is possible that your state administered department of rehabilitative services may be able to provide you with some degree of disability benefits even though you do not meet the criteria for legal blindness. You would need to go in and petition them for help. It all depends upon the individual state in which you live and what their requirements are.

Oops. Sorry. I started answering your question before I finished reading it. It appears you have already gone in to check for disability benefits. It appears that you do not meet the criteria for benefits. Sorry.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, July 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy