Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

Is there something seriously wrong with my eye?
last week i think i had an allergic reaction to something...i had hives all over and eventually my right eye swelled and got really itchy. then it turned red and it got worse ever since last week.<...

Coloured contact lenses- how much do they cost?!?
lol i hav perfect vision i just wanted coloured lenses....about how much (approx) are they? and where can u get them if u ...

Colored Contacts?
Do u no a site where I can get colored contacts and they work real good...like i go to www.insanelenses.com and they have good colored contacts there and i have brown eyes and i baught aqua and ...

Contact Lense Help...?
I have been trying for weeks to get my contact lenses into my eye... are there people out there who just can't do it or am I the only one? My scrip is only -0.5 and sometimes I think it's ...

Contact lense question?
I've been wearing glasses for almost 6 months now, i would like to try contact lenses. Are the prescription of the glasses and the contacts compatible? Or should i have an eye exam first? What ...

Can people go blind without damage to the eye?

I'm 15 and VERY nearsighted..am i almost blind?
right now, my eye grade's about 7.00 and i'm only fifteen. i'm worried that it might get really worse before i can have a laser treatment, or that i might be one of those who can'...

Contacts/Roller Coasters?
Okay, so i where contacts and as some of you know Cedar Point has some VERY high powered roller coasters, i was wondering if it would hurt my eyes wearing contacts while going on those roller coaster....

Contact Wearers!!?
I'm so dumb with contacts it seems. I took
a 30 minute class learning to use them..I have no
trouble getting them in, it's out. I feel like I'm
taking them out with ...

My eyes are two different sizes?
i have asian eyes and my right eye seem to be bigger than my left. its like the crease on my left eye fold in more? im not really sure how to explain it but it looks similar to this..

Eye contact help pleases help I'm so scared?
my contact is stuck in my left eye after I slept with it in for 4 hours now I can't even see it does anyone have any tips to get it to come to the surface. Please help I'm not sure what to ...

Are Contact Lenses Safe?
My dad says that i'll go blind from wearing them. is it true?...

Eye Contact problemm!! HELP!?
Hi. i wear contacts and my 30 days were up so i opened up a new pack.

this was like a week or two ago.
and i can not were one of the contacts.
it is just so uncomfertable. its ...

My vision is blurring in the mirror?????? [im starting to get kinda freaked now.....]?
ok so a few months ago my right eye started, like twitching. More like, pulsing...? Well on my eyelid it looks like my eye kinda has like a heart in it cause it like "pulses" to my heart ...

Laser eye surgery?????
i want to have this done but i dont know any effects or anything...got any ...

How long is an eye glass perscription good for?

Allergies and contacts- Medication? Eye drops?
I'm going to get contacts, but I have allergies. I've heard it won't work for people with allergies, but how about with daily allergy medication? Or couldn't you just take the ...

Is it possible to order a trial pair of contact lenses by just mailing my perscription?
and not having to go through my doctor to get them?

what contact companys do that? and I have a ...

16 year old with 20/30 vision... do i need glasses?
and one eye is slightly more higher than the other(as in the eye itself)...

Out of contact solution?
Should I just sleep with my contacts in or put them in water?
They are soft lenses (2-4week disposables)
Additional Details
I can't drive, I just took lunesta....

amelia_albertine
If I get contact lenses, will I need to get toric ones?
I have a slight astigmatism in each eye (-0.5 for dominant eye, -0.25 for other eye).

I've read that the only type of soft contact lenses that correct astigmatism are 'toric' ones (which are also fewer in choice and more expensive).

Do I need to get 'toric' ones - or can other types of soft lenses correct mild astigmatism also?

I have mild long-sightedness, +1 in each eye (most young people with my prescription only need glasses for reading, but for some reason my eyes get tired more easily and I get headaches/eyestrain - so I need to wear my glasses all the time).

I'm interested in getting contacts that I can leave in over-night and wear continuously for 1 or more weeks. What are these like, in your experience?

Thanks

CHASELEY S
Rating
Contacts that are not toric will not correct your astigmatism. I tried wearing reagular contacts so that I could have color opposed to clear vision. Sometimes for fun that is alright. If you want crisp vision you will have to be fitted for toric conacts.

lucy
Rating
I have an astigmatism & I am wearing normal contact lenses, my vision is fine but obivously it hasnt correct the astigmatism.

I have just stopped wearing continuous wear lenses because I have decided to wear my new glasses more and have swapped to dailies.

I find the continous wear lenses very comfortable. My optician advised me to wear / sleep in the lenses for six days and nights and then take them out to give my eyes a rest for a day or so, and I did this every week.

They are not for everyone so if you are thinking about it, go and speak to your optician and you should be able to have a trial.

PG23
No, you don't need to get toric lenses, but you will get clearer, sharper vision than you would with regular lenses.

I actually have a fairly high astigmatism in both eyes, but my eye doc told me I am OK to wear either. My clear lenses that I wear most days are toric, but my colored ones that I just wear once in awhile are not. Colored Toric lenses are just way too much money, so I just have regular ones. I wear Impressions Colors and Acuvue Advance for Astigmatism.

The only lens that I know of that you are allowed to leave in overnight is Night and Day, but those are also quite expensive, so you may just want to go for the regular kind. In any case, whatever you get - don't buy them from your Doc, get them online, they are WAY cheaper for the exact same thing. I get mine from CoastalContacts.com and they've always been good.

Footprintz
As RayofLight said...you don't need torics with that small amount of astigmatism. Torics only start at 0.75 to begin with.

The one that has the 0.50 will be corrected by adding 0.25 to the sphere power. The one with just the 0.25 won't have any change to the sphere.

Chaseley didn't read your question right I guess...and she doesn't seem aware that torics come in color either.

RayofLight
No torics is required. Your astigmatism is too low for a toric lens.

Generally, at least -0.75 is need before a toric lens is prescribed.

Treat all "over-night" lens with caution, especially if you are a first wearer.

An "over-night" lenses just mean that the lens performance allows sufficient oxygen to pass through. Individual eyes may adapt differently.

Discuss this in detail with you Optometrist

Hope this helps

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy