Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

I have a sty on my eye what can I do to make it go away?

Contact lenses making vision cloudy?
I wear the Focus Night & Day contacts, for roughly 30 days straight (which is what you are allowed, but some months I might go a little over, some months a little less). It doesn't seem to ...

OMG Help I AM CONFUSED!!!!!!!!!!!!?????...
HOW BAD IS MY EYE SITE... IT IS -8.OO... SUM PEOPLE SAY IT IS GOOD AND OTHER PEOPLE SAY IT IS BAD..... HOW IS MY EYE SIGHT REALLY!!??...

Do i need prescription glasses or cheap reading glasses?
I went to the eye doctor and they gave me a prescription. now i didnt know if i needed prescription glasses or could just get by with some cheap reading glasses.
the rx reads
od +0.25 -2....

Is it alright to wear contacts longer than the time given?
I have night and day contacts that are supposed to last for a month. However, I have the same contacts now for 4 months. And they don't bother me at all. I have never cleaned them since the day I...

I want laser eye treatment?
I want laser eye treatment but i want to know its safe and is it worth it... i want to know if it hurts aswell tell me what it feels ...

What are the prices for one pair of glasses?
I have Kaiser Permanente health insurance and I know that only the eye exam is covered. However, I want to know the price range for a pair of glasses. What is their range? I need to save up for them....

How can I make my pink eye situation a little more confortable til I get into the doctors?
what can I do til i can get into the doctors to make my eye fill a lil bit better til morning if I have pink eye?...

Where can I buy self adhesive cushion nose pads for my spectacles?

Additional Details
Thanks for the replies, I've tried local opticians and can't find an online seller for the pads I'm looking for - they are cushioned pads not the ...

New glasses. Headache and Dizziness?
I have never had a eye exam in my life.. when i got one a week ago.. she said i was near sighted and she showed me some lenses and i was AMAZED how clear my vision is. So i ordered glasses and just ...

PLEASE HELP> Contact wearers?
Tomorrow is the second time that i'm going to the eye doctor to try on contacts. Last time, i had a bad physician who kept rushing me and telling me that maybe im not meant to wear contacts ...

Twitch in eye for over a week?
Had a twitching eye for about 8days now and its driving me mad.

You can see it twitching in the mirror is so annoying!!!!

Anything I can do? Ive tried bathing the eye in water ...

If I don't wear my glasses all the time, will it make my eye sight even worse?
Some people say that if you have glasses and only wear them sometimes, it'll make your eyes worse since you're not wearing it all the time. Is this true and why does it make your eyes worse?...

Help pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeas...
i have some problems with my sight and i need glasses . i have some glasses but i din't really like them ,so i don't wear them alot.if i don't wear my glasses will that make it worse??<...

What Should I Do?
Im nearsighted and i have glasses. Today im going to get contacts but sometimes when i wear my glasses and look at something close to me like a computer screen or a book my head will hurt behind my ...

Is a astigmatism permanatley cureable with glasses, or do i have to wear them for my whole life?
Is astigmatism permanently cureable with glasses, or do i have to wear them for my whole life? And if my eyes are compensating for the astigmatism, isn't that a good thing? Why do I still have ...

My contacts really bother me.?
I am currently wearing acuvue oaysis contacts and they're very dry and bothering me a lot.

I used to wear contacts everyday all day but have since stopped wearing them. I went to ...

Does the cost of lasik eye surgery go up according to the prescription??
so im only 17 but really want to get this surgery. im planning on making an appointment to check how the procedure's done and all, but anyways , i wanted to know real quick if mine will be super ...

Am I entitled....?
Since working at my current place my eyesight has deteriorated significantly due to working on computers all day. I ahve booked an appointment with an optician for the weekend as I clearly need ...

Why do I keep getting eye infections? This is the third time this year. Any tips?
Last year I was susceptible as well. I do have grandchildren and I know they can pass on infections easily but I have not seen the younger family for over a week of recent. And of course I am ...

Ben D
I see black dots in my eye?
I see black dots and hairlike cobwebs moving across my eyes. It seems that i can control the direction in which they move, because they only move when move when my eyes move and i see them best when i move my eyes up and down. Could this have anything to do diabetic retinopathy? Do you have any information?

bahagyrl1
Rating
If diabetes is a concern in your family you need to have your eyes professionally checked. Dont wait, you dont want anything to affect your sight and a professional will be able to rule out any diseases and be able to give you the correct information.

bookworm
go to the doctor if i doesn't stop.

KimberlyB
Rating
The greyish, see-through, cobwed-like things are very common "floaters". I have a lot of them and also grey tiny specks and my eye doctor said they were fine and nothing to worry about. Then I did some searching on the web (so I'll save you time) and learned that it's just dried blood.

I'm not sure about your black dots, are they just specks? Because I think I read a big black dot, that blocks vision is bad. Get a check up anyways. Buy some Lutein supplements, take care:)

♥RAE♥N.Y.♥
Rating
Ask your doctor

rubybell_99
Rating
To start with, you mention diabetes. If you have diabetes, your eyes should be dilated at least yearly.

You didn't mention if this came on suddenly. If it did, look up an eye doctor and make an appointment to see them TODAY OR TOMORROW MORNING. If you say "I suddenly see these spots and cobwebs", they will see you very quickly.

One answer mentions that this is "probably a posterior vitreous detachment." That's "probably" true. It could also be diabetic retinopathy (neovascularization, in this case).

It could also be a retinal detachment, which can lead to permanent damage or loss of sight if not treated in a couple days. Not everyone with a detachment complains of flashes of light.

Stop reading this and call now.

Lareine
Rating
you probably having "posterior vitreous detachment" (PVD)
The vitreous humour fills the eye behind the lens. At birth it is attached to the retina. Over time the vitreous changes, shrinking and developing pockets of liquefaction, similar to the way a gelatin dessert shrinks, or detaches, from the edge of a pan over time. At some stage the vitreous may peel away from the retina. This is usually a sudden event.

jef2086
I see that too, for the longest time, and I highly doubt it's diabetic retinopathy..

Cat guy
Rating
they are dust particles on the back side of your eye that are blocking cones... they are harmless and very common. Most people will actually see a few if looking against a white surface. Sometimes they are called "floaters". You do not need to see an eye doctor... unless you are seeing small flashes of light with them.(like little bolts of lightning or flashes from a camera) that is serious and needs to get checked out right away.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, September 19, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy