Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

Violet Eyes?
Is is true that nautural violet eyes are real? If it is and that is the color of you eyes, can you please send me a picture? It would be really fascinating and I would appreciate it very much....

Will I go blind if I sleep in my contacts?

Are contact lenses really very irritating to wear in windy conditions?
I have not worn contacts in many years, but I am thinking of wearing them again, as I really am tired of always having to wipe my glasses.

and I am going to be outside a lot this winter, ...

What can I do with MANY left over bottles of Saline Solution and AOSEPT disinfectant that I no longer need?
I have switched to a different kind of soft contact lenses, and I no longer need these products. Any suggestions?...

My Vision keeps on going down, how do i stop it??
I'm starting to get worried, my vison keeps on deterioating. Its really bad, i'm 15 and i'm a 4.50 and i can tell that these contacts are getting to be weak now.. I'm scared, can ...

What makes eyes roll before death?

How do i take my contacts out?
I just got my contacts today and i have idea to take them out ,well i do but i do not want to hurt my contacts or eyes if its the wrong way
Additional Details
the reason i do not know ...

Why are my eyes so sensitive to light?
whenever i go outside and it's sunny, my eyes start to hurt...i wear sunglasses all the time (transitons thingies), but it's REALLY annoying that i can't tolerate the bright light. in ...

What are some ways to get better vision?
I got my physical for football today and they said my left eye has 50/20 vision and my right eye has 25/20 vision. Is there anyway to improve this? I can see clearly with both eyes but I do notice ...

Why are my eyes glossy/ yellowish and how can i get rid of it?
ok No im not a smoker, and no im hardly ever around anybody who does, maybe once every couple months. So why are my eyes not as white as they should be? theyre are a off white color, maybe im not ...

Do optitions put prescription lenses in glasses not bought from their stores?
I have some glasses that don't have lenses in, can i for example, walk into a Boots optitions and ask them to put my prescription into the glasses?...

Hate glasses?
so basiccly i hate wearing glasses im 16 and have to put up with wearing glasses because of a astigmatism every day i have to put up with my glasses hurting behind my ears and not being comfy on the ...

Is it possible to have a half coloured eye?
I know You can get ppl with two eyes different colours/colors but is it possible to have an eye with two ...

How do you improve your eyesight?
my eyesight is around 600. the farther the objects are, the "blurrier" my eyesight is. i wear my glasses the whole day. how can i improve my eyesight so it can be much better than it is now....

Is lasik eye surgery dangerous?

Can I wear contact lens?
I have to admit my glasses makes me look too dorky. I really hate them. So I'm considering contact lens. I know too many people wear em these days but I'm still concern about the risks that ...

My new glasses hurt my eyes? any advice?
i got new glasses there not strong .... precription says +0.50 for each eye
(i have dry eye syndrome)
ok so i got my glasses on friday and i have been wearing them when watching tv ...

How can I get past the fact that I'm nearsighted at the local pool?
Basically, I can't see a thing without my glasses/contacts. This becomes an issue when we go swimming at the local pool, because I'm required to take them off in order to swim. It gets ...

Do contacts hurt?
im 13 and in 8th grade and i have glasses but i like nvr wear then cuz theyr really ugly and my eyes r like getting worse. so i decided tht i want contacts cuz my friends said tht theyr so worth it ...

Contact Help????
well i was wandering how old you think you should be in order to get contacts...I have glasses and I am tired of them!! I really want contacts...thanx for any help!!...

~♥*Sam*Onymous*♥~
I have 20/25 eyesight. What does this mean?
I just had an eye exam. My doctor said that my prescription is very mild. Do you think that people with this type of eyesight even need glasses? Is 20/25 pretty good? And what exactly does it mean?
Additional Details
Lol, I practically answered my own question, I know... but I'm just curious about your opinions. :)

jaffa
20/20 vision is perfect.
you have one eye that is over stimulated and your eye doctor will be endeavouring to correct that with the mild prescription.

lightfootspirit
Rating
20/25
means that what see at 20 ft. looks like it is 25 ft. away.
You can have 20/25 in one eye and 20/40 in the other.

susie Q
Rating
20/20 is perfect. 20/25 means one eye is less then perfect..it does not mean you need glasses..it all depends..your doctor would have told you if you need glasses.and yes, it can get worse.especially with age

beingagood1
Rating
You see at 20 feet what the normal person sees at 25 feet. i.e. you have to be 20% closer to the object to see it as well as he does, at least at that range.

TEK33
Rating
That is good vision. You might notice a little better night driving or TV if you find yourself leaning forward to read some of the smaller lettering on the screen. Otherwise you have decent vision and really don't need glasses. The 20/25 does not mean one eye is good and one worse. Like the other response said, basically what the average person can see at 25 feet away, you would have to be 20 feet to see the same object clear.

john e
An Optometrist would want to know if the 20/25 was with both eyes or what?
Is that with your prescription or without it?

Vadim S
It basically means that likely over a billion people in this world would be ridiciously happy to trade their vision for yours!

it means your eye sight is just fine and your VERY VERY slightly nearsighted... I'll bet if you get it checked again you might even be considered 20/20 and NO you definetily do not need to waste your time and money on glasses, enjoy your good sight!

xbone
"20/25" means is that the detail you can make out at 20 feet can be seen by the "normal" eye can see from 25 feet away. I.e. the normal eye can move 25% further away and see the same thing.

20/25 is good vision, and well within the limits to drive without glasses. In fact, a lot of people who wear contacts don't achieve 20/20 due to uncorrected astigmatism. Quite many lens wearers top out at the same 20/25 you measure to without any correction.

Most people can see 20/15 when fully corrected. Some can even get to 20/10.

Without knowing the rest of your details, I suspect that with glasses you'd measure at 20/15. You'd definitely notice the difference in clarity, but the difference may not be worth the frame-impairment in your visual field or the reflections from the lenses (that will occur even with the best of the antireflective coatings).

Personally, I wouldn't recommend someone with your prescription rush out to get glasses unless you have a need, such as having season tickets (aka disposable income) to football games in the upper level and want to read the names on the jerseys or a job with critical vision requirements (like an umpire or pilot). I would only recommend the glasses if you have different vision in each eye that is bothersome to you.

If you're considering sunglasses, you may want to consider prescription lenses. But, I wouldn't rush to this either if you're happy with <$20 sunglasses.

Rich Z
Rating
It means you can see at 20 feet what most people could see at 25 feet away. It has nothing to do with one eye versus the other - it is the rating for both together.

If you don't wear glasses but use your eyes a lot you will tend to get headaches. If you drive a car you would not read the exit ramp signs that other people could until you get 5 feet further down the road.

Kristie is my name
Rating
Well, without going into HUGE technical detail about acuity and angles and such, it simply means that the eye chart that they use is posted at 20 feet away from your eyes. A person with perfect vision can see the letters of a certain size at 20 feet. You can see larger letters clearly at 20 feet (the ones that are designated as "25" letters -- a little like the size of a font on the computer).

If you want the detailed, technical explanation, here's an article you can check out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snellen_chart#.2220.2F20.22_.28or_.226.2F6.22.29_vision

Your vision really doesn't warrant prescription glasses. Things are quite as sharp as they are for a person with perfect vision, but you will still pass eye tests (like the eye test they give for your driving license).

Hope this helps! Have a great day.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 2, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy