Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

I'm 15 and VERY nearsighted..am i almost blind?
right now, my eye grade's about 7.00 and i'm only fifteen. i'm worried that it might get really worse before i can have a laser treatment, or that i might be one of those who can'...

Contacts/Roller Coasters?
Okay, so i where contacts and as some of you know Cedar Point has some VERY high powered roller coasters, i was wondering if it would hurt my eyes wearing contacts while going on those roller coaster....

Contact Wearers!!?
I'm so dumb with contacts it seems. I took
a 30 minute class learning to use them..I have no
trouble getting them in, it's out. I feel like I'm
taking them out with ...

My eyes are two different sizes?
i have asian eyes and my right eye seem to be bigger than my left. its like the crease on my left eye fold in more? im not really sure how to explain it but it looks similar to this..

Eye contact help pleases help I'm so scared?
my contact is stuck in my left eye after I slept with it in for 4 hours now I can't even see it does anyone have any tips to get it to come to the surface. Please help I'm not sure what to ...

Are Contact Lenses Safe?
My dad says that i'll go blind from wearing them. is it true?...

Eye Contact problemm!! HELP!?
Hi. i wear contacts and my 30 days were up so i opened up a new pack.

this was like a week or two ago.
and i can not were one of the contacts.
it is just so uncomfertable. its ...

My vision is blurring in the mirror?????? [im starting to get kinda freaked now.....]?
ok so a few months ago my right eye started, like twitching. More like, pulsing...? Well on my eyelid it looks like my eye kinda has like a heart in it cause it like "pulses" to my heart ...

Laser eye surgery?????
i want to have this done but i dont know any effects or anything...got any ...

How long is an eye glass perscription good for?

Allergies and contacts- Medication? Eye drops?
I'm going to get contacts, but I have allergies. I've heard it won't work for people with allergies, but how about with daily allergy medication? Or couldn't you just take the ...

Is it possible to order a trial pair of contact lenses by just mailing my perscription?
and not having to go through my doctor to get them?

what contact companys do that? and I have a ...

16 year old with 20/30 vision... do i need glasses?
and one eye is slightly more higher than the other(as in the eye itself)...

Out of contact solution?
Should I just sleep with my contacts in or put them in water?
They are soft lenses (2-4week disposables)
Additional Details
I can't drive, I just took lunesta....

If i put my contacts and eyeliner on when i have an eye infection do u think it will get worst?
ok so i went 2 the docs and he said i had an eye infection due 2 my makeup! that was yesterday!! can i wear my contacts now its been a day my eye is not red anymore its normal!! can i wear a new pack ...

Glasses or contacts?
I'm near-sighted and I have been using glasses for almost two years and I still feel very uncomfortable with them.

My optician told me that I should wear them all the time, but since I...

Okay, stupid eye twitching!!?
Omfg, okay my right eye has been twitching ALL day long and its driving me nuts!! is there something wrong with me, why is it doing this?? i was like, WTF, im mental, lol....

Problems- Lasik Eye Surgery?
What problems may arise after the procedure I plan on getting it in about 3-4 years.

Is it safe?...

Can eye color change for Indians? (naturally)?
I have dark brown eyes but wondering if I can change them naturally, no contacts or eye ...

How long does it usually take to get used to new glasses...just got progressive bifocals yesterday...?

BlindBat :
I accidentally used lens cleaning solution as an eye drop. How do I treat my swollen red eyes? Please help.?

Nah Z
Rating
In a pinch, I have intentionally used contact lens solution as an eye drop- they ARE meant to go into your eyes.

If you're feeling burning or redness, it could be something else entirely, or you may have developed an allergy, or used a solution (donno why) not meant to end up in one's eyes, at least not in concentrated form.

Tom Graphics
take your contacts out and wear your glasses for one...give your eye a break for a day. you can also try flushing oyur eye and using a something like visen but not with your contacts in

taintedxlove
Rating
What kind of solution did you use? Since most contact solutions are meant to go directly onto the eye, and wont cause it to be red and swollen. I'd check with a doctor about that

julielynn
Rating
Well, the damage that was done depends on what kind of solution you used. If it was just the standard solution you store the lenses in overnight, you are probably fine. But if you used a drop of solution that you add to the storage solution, you may have burned your eye. I would recommend contacting your eye doctor if the problem continues for more than a day.
Start by rinsing your eye with warm water or saline (salt water) solution--you can do this while the contact lenses are still in. Then remove the contact lenses and continue to rinse your eye with warm salt water. You can also use Visine or similar saline drops. Give your eyes a day without the contact lenses so they can recover, and rinse with saline solution when necessary.

Bec
Rating
If you use a multipurpose solution then there should not really be any problem.
If you use peroxide then your eye will be sore for a while. You'll have burned the eye a little, it will usually heal in about 24 hours (longer if you are diabetic). Firstly take your lenses out immediately (if you have them in) and don't wear them for the next couple of days. You can use artificial tear drops from a pharmacist to make you feel a little more comfortable.
I'd really recommend you see your optician just to make sure your eye is healing.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy