Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

Do you wear eyeglasses?
I do! Got them last year (:...

What would happen if you put your contact lens inside out in your eye?
I just got contacts yesterday and the contact in my right eye is a bit blurry and when I close my eyes and open them, i can feel the contacts in my right eye.

I can't even feel the ...

Eyesglasses or contacts?
which is a better price? Eyeglasses or contacts? How much does it costs and is it worth it?...

Why not Contact Lens?
Some say glasses are better than contact lens. I don't know if there are any medical reason behind it. apart from keeping and watching for for contact lens, I don't know what are the bad ...

Please vote, Which of these (8) pairs of eyeglasses would really be cool for a guy to wear ?
http://farm4.static.flic...

Sensitive to light?
Hey. For years now my eyes have been really sensitive to sunlight (even some building lights).

Other than wearing sunglasses (because believe me, I do) all the time, does anyone have any ...

Im getting colored contacts with my friend and i have some questions..?
on monday im getting colored contacts with my friend and i have some questions

-today i went to the eye place and i told them i want to try a pair on (i live in europe so i didnt need to ...

OK... My mom said this... Please answer...?
I am getting glasses in 2 days... And my moms friend is like really rich and buys alot of eyeglass frames... Cause she wears glasses... my mom said she gave me a pair of just the frames than my mom ...

Does Reading or Watching TV In Cars Damage Your Vision?

Additional Details
i cant believe how many people said "its dangerous if you're the driver"...what im concerned about is whether it's harmful to my children's ...

Are contacts a hassle or are they easy to use?
are they hard to put in, and take out. and will they cost me much and how much will i g to use one pair at a ...

The white part of my eye is convering the coloured area -or looks like it and it hurts... what should i do????
The white part of my eye is convering the coloured area -or looks like it and it hurts... what should i do????
Additional Details
I cant understand it tho, because it just happened in ...

How much does walmart charge for an eye exam?

Wich are some really good color contacts for bronw eyes and Tan skin???
I have honey one already but I seen girls wearing others that look green or very exotic!!!...

Can you wear reading glasses all day?

Putting on makeup..with contacts?
the only eye make up i wear is eyeliner and mascara..
do i put it on before or after i put the contacts in..?
i just got contacts today so i have no idea.....

If your eye vision is bad, can you still get contacts?
My friend was denied contacts because her vision was strong and that the lenses would be too thick. My vision is pretty horrible. When I don't wear my glasses while driving car headlights/...

Why do we blink our eyes?
Don't you think that is a lot to accomplish in the “blink of an eye”?...

Moms & Dads?
How would you react/feel if you found out your child has bad vision.

I'm 15 and I don't think I can even see the E. I don't know what my mom will do....

Will toothpaste make my stye go away?
I've always used toothpaste on pimples because they dry them out really fast and it seems to work. I was wondering if the same thing would work on a stye. I have on outside my lower eyelid, near ...

Can you improve vision naturally?
I'm sick of going to the opticians every few years only to find that my eyes have got worse!

To be honest i'm actually worried that they'll just keep getting worse and I'...

jay s
How to fix cross eye in Kids?
my 4 year kid has a cross eye, I mean her right eye crosses badly. I don't know what to do. she has seen couple of docters and they do not seem to take it seriously and pretty soon that eye will get lazy. any suggestion will help
Additional Details
she is already wearing prescribed glasses but whenever she takes it off, it goes back to cross eye. the doctor says its too early for surgery. I live in lakewood california and I can't find a good doctor.
anything will help

woundshurtless
Rating
my mom told me she was gunna beat me so bad id be crosseyed, so maybe if you beat her shell be un cross eyed

irulebabey
Rating
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...
okok sorry i heard if you take your finger and make her follow it with her eyes eventually it will straiten up

Kitty
Continue to see different doctors (especially optomologists) to get different opinions. If they all seem to agree it will correct itself soon, then you should not worry. However I have seen methods where they wear a patch or something over one eye but I'm not sure exactly what that was used for.

maria
I can't believe the doctors haven't done anything about it. I assume you've taken her to an optometrist--if not, certainly go. I'm sure they deal with it often. I've always seen young children with cross eye problems wearing eye patches--I'm not certain which eye the patch would go on but I would assume it goes over the good eye to force the bad eye to fix itself. You may want to google this.

annazzz1966
Kids eyes grow and change until adulthood so that lazy eye you see now may just be a temporary thing. In a few years, it might just straighten itself out. You'll need to wait until about age 18 to get the eye corrected.

sashimi
Rating
Some ophthalmologists will take a conservative approach and see if the eye will correct itself with time. that is sometimes the case. if you want to get another medical opinion find an ophthalmologist that specializes in strabismus surgery.

tsoto_soto
Rating
When I was a kid both eyes were severely crossed, and one was lazy. I had patches over the good eye to strengthen the lazy eye, and I wore glasses that straightened my eyes instantly when I put them on. Eventually I grew out of it, and you'd never know today that I ever had the problem. Go to an ophthalmologist (not an optometrist), they can help you. I never saw a family Dr. for treatment for it.
There are probably more options now than there were in the 70s, so ask about them.

Dee
Paul Bs answer is really detailed and correct.
If the doctors have given her glasses and her eyes appear straight with them on. Then they are doing their job. You should encourage her to keep wearing them all the time.
There is no point in getting surgery if glasses help her keep the eyes straight. Over time her eye may grow out of the turn with the help of the glasses, if not, then patching would be the next step.
Surgery is the last step if all the other treatment options dont help.
Im a student studying this area (eye turns) and youre lucky you have picked it up early. She is still young. The brain is still very adaptable at this stage.. surgery is usually considered if all else fails. Up unitl the age of about 8 is when glasses and patching will usually do the trick and fix things up.

ryleah2005
you need either a surgery or corrective lenses. See an opthamologist. My kids both have that, my son wears contacts (hes 5). and he was to late for the surgery, My daughter is 2, she will get the surgery, Where do you live?
Contact an opthamologist as soon as possible, the sooner they correct this the more permanent it is

peteybug76
Get her to a good optometrist, the doctors that you took her too should have recomended this. This is a serious problem and if you don't get it corrected soon she will always be behind in her reading.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.114
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, August 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy