Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

My sister has a soft lens contact stuck in her eye that shes having me try to get out , what do I do ?

Are you more blind if you have an Rx of -3.00 or -2.00?

Contacts problem?
I have been wearing contacts for the last year, and for the first 10 months, they gave me no problems. They are monthlys, and I was changing them every 5 or 6 weeks. Then, all of a sudden, out of ...

Prescription Eyeglasses VERSES Store Bought Reading Glasses?
I have a -4.00 written on my prescription and I always see reading glasses you can buy in the store that have +2.25, -3.00 and alot other ones with different + or - before them is there a difference ...

How can I get new contacts without the company contacting my doctor?
I need new contacts and I know my prescription. I have not had an eye exam for over 1 year. How can I order new contacts without having the company I order from contact my doctor. I can not afford ...

Just removed my new contact lens?
Just removed my contact lens onky 2nd time ive wore them, any way it was harder to grab and remove the left one and now my eye is bloodshot and itchy...is this normal, or should i worry?...

Left my contacts in too long...eyes burning and hurt!?
Anyone have any suggestions what to do? My eyes feel like they're on fire and have shards of glass in them. OUCH! I use monthly contacts and left them in about a week too long....

Do you have relatives that are color blind?
Both of my brothers are color blind. My Maternal Grandfather was color blind. All my maternal male cousins are color blind. Does this run in your family? My Brothers had to learn to identify which ...

What is the average cost of an eye exam at Wal Mart's vision center?

I still cant see out of my contacts?
Hey everyone i recently ordered contacts from walmart. I have astigmatism on my left eye so contacts for this eye cost me over 100 dollars! and i still cant see out of it. its blurry! Is this suppose ...

I want better vision?
i dont have money for laser eye surgery and i heard glasses make your eyes worst over time anybody got any alternative tips on improving eye vision.... any procediers or anything i could do like ...

At a salon I got a hair in my eye-It has been irritated for three days! I don't know if it came out! Help!
Any suggestions? I know it can't go behind the muscle, but it still feels like it is there! The irritation is on the inner corner of the left-hand eye! Help!...

Is there something wrong with my eye?
My left eye is very very good. However, my right eye is much blurrier than my left eye. If I look with just my left eye, it's perfect. If I look at just my right eye, it is very blurry if I look ...

How can i convince my dad to let me get contacts?
i wear glasses a lot of people say i look better with out glasses. I AGREE im 13 i want contacts so badly. mom mom says i can have them "ask ur dad first"

i asked him many times ...

2 different colored eyes?
my son has a blue eye and a green eye. what causes this? is it normal?...

I have a very weird vision question?
You may find this question to be very bizzare or weird, but because i'm blind in my right eye I don't know how people with good vision sees
So heres the question I hope that i'm ...

I have thicker eyeglasses, i want thinner glasses?
What is that procedure called when they keep your prescription but they make the lens thinner so you dont look so geeky???...

What is the problem with leaving your contacts in your eyes when you sleep?

What is the name of a doctor who specializes in surgery of the eye such as Cataract surgery?not optomitrist.?
I'm looking for the specific medical name for the doctor. I know its not optomitrist because optomitrists only give eye examinations and prescriptions....

My eyes red all the time?
Okay so I wear contact lenses. I've had them for a couple years now, with no problems. Now recently. my eyes are very red in the morning, I put this Baush and Lam redness reducing drop in my eye ...

cacacheddar
How do you tell which contact lens goes in which eye?
This morning I accidentally mixed up my contacts, so I don't know which contact is for my left and right eye. I have two different prescriptions; the right one has a higher prescription Is there a way to figure out which one goes into my left and right eye? Is the thicker contact lens usually the one with a higher prescription? Thanks

RoVale
Rating
Some brands have a little dot on one of the lenses (usually the right) to let you know which one goes into the correct eye while some others have the right lens slightly tinted. I've used both kinds over the years.

Elf Ish
Rating
Unfortunatly, there isn't a proper way to do this really.

I used to have two different types of lens for each eye, so one was blue and one was green, but now I'm on the same I cannot tell the difference for love nor money! I basically put lens A in my left eye, and cover my right eye to see how things look. Then I try lens B. Whichever looks better is, I assume, the correct lens for that eye, but there are no garuntees. You can usually tell when you have them in wrong because the world looks screwy!

Paul L
Rating
Well, I've been wearing contacts on & off for 20 years or so, and I don't recall ever switching them (on purpose or by mistake).

If you put your left lens in your right eye, you may not be able to see as well. Take them out, switch them and put them back in (after rinsing them of course). If you can see normally again, you will know that you have it right.

When I put my contacts in, I open the left side of the storage case, put in the lens, then I open the right side & put that in. This way, I never get them mixed up.

Good luck.

ajayx2001
umm, usually when you get the eyes tested, they give you an uniform number, i.e. both the eyes will have the same power. so you can put any contacts in any eyes. but it's perferable, if you one in right, then always use it in that right eye only

Nicholas L.
If they are different prescriptions, you should be able to tell when you put them on.

If the prescriptions are really close, it could be difficult to tell; however. In that case, throw them away and use a new pair.

lightbender4
Rating
to quote the song from offspring "you gotta keep em separated hey heeey". Now that they are possibly mixed up...no way to tell which is which. Unless you had different brand in each eye..then you still have a chance. if the prescription is very diff in each eye and they are switched, your vision will feel "off" and you may start to get a headache at some point.

nalaredneb
Rating
I know the feeling. Just use trial and error. You will know when you have the lens in the correct eye.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 2, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy