Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

Just how scary is LASIK?
I've had contacts for about 10 years now and they are expensive and I'm tired of them. I'm considering going in for a consult on getting LASIK, but I'm really squeamish about the ...

Contact lense question.?
I just got contact lense. I only use them for school. I got the ones that you dispose after 2 weeks. I used them the whole last week. Since it's spring break for 2 weeks, I won't be using ...

What are the gooey things that gather up in the corner of your eye called?

Whats the difference between Lasek and Lasik?

I have noticed a white growth on my eye ball just near the coloured area.?
It is often itchy and occasionally it stings any ideas please?...

How long does it take for a stye to go away ?
ive had my stye for 2 days now && ive been doin the hot cloth on it but it just seems like its getting worse && it hurts really bad when blink. i need to get rid of this fast. how ...

How do I get over the fear of inserting contacts?
I really want contacts, my mom & my brother have them. They say contacts are 100% better then glasses. This makes me envius. I went to the eye doctor to get them & he had to pull my eye lid ...

Do computer screens really weaken your vision?

Spent the night at my friends house and he sleeps with a stuffed animal he is 13 and was trying to hide it?
should i tell him i saw it and ask why he has ...

Feels like somehting is in my eye...?
but there isnt. its when i close my right eye and look up at the same time, and it feels like there is something there (and painfulish too). this has been going on all day and is annoying and ...

Is -0.5 and -0.75 the same as a -1.25 prescription?
If you wear -0.5 contact lenses and -0.75 glasses, does it total to -1.25? And is it alright to do that or is it very bad for your eyes?
Additional Details
Braga--I know my prescription, ...

I need new varifocal glasses.far to expensive in the uk, best country to buy from?
they should also be reactolite and anti ...

How do you get super glue off of eye glasses?
a little part on my glasses broke and i super glued it, but i got some of the super glue on the lens, i tried rubbing alcohol, glass cleaner, and windex and nothing got it off. i really would like to ...

Low priced eye glasses?
who has better prices for eye glasses? Target optical, Sears Optical, Pearl Vision or JC Penny optical?...

Why do they dilate your eyes during an eye exam?
I've had it done once and I hated it. So the last few times at my eye exam I've refused it. I have an appointment next week and I know they'll want to do it. So, what I'm ...

How long before my contact lenses improve my astigmatism?
I was prescribed acuvue advanced for toric. The doctor said I was a "perfect candidate" for toric lenses and that the lenses would eventually make my astigmatism go away.
Additional D...

Contacts Ripping - Why?
I got trial pairs of my contacts and the right one ripped in about a week - then when i got a new one it ripped the next day - why is this happening - its really ...

When should i wear my glasses?
I have just collected glasses, this is the prescription:
Right -0.50
Left +0.25 x -0.25 x 154
When should i wear them, they never said?
T...

Which gives clearer vision: contacts or glasses?
also, is it true that hard lenses are healthier than soft lenses? do they also provide better vision than soft ones?...

Can you get contacts the same day you have your eye exam?
I am going to be getting contacts at my next eye exam. Do you get the contacts the same day or do you haft to go back to pick them up? Also anything elce I should know about contacts before getting ...

tinnnkxo
How do cross eyed people see?
Just wondering.

ll_rph_md
Rating
they can.. just see double :) eye patch on one eye maybe can help

MIKEnJAPAN
I worked with a man that was born crosseyed. I asked him about it and he sees just fine. Because he was born with it his brain adjusted to it and he has 20/20 vision. He has a very bad case of crosseyes.

john e
Mostly straight ahead but a few see double.

Betty B
They see just fine because their brain adapt by ignoring the input from the deviated eye.

Even now, some people (not cross eyed), have problems seeing close and seeing far so they wear one contact lens to see close and one contact lens to see far and their brain adapt according to their focus.

The main problem of cross eyed people is from other people who think they look weird or do not see well.

Did you know that for the Maya (the remote cousins of the Inca, the Iroquois and the Eskimo), cross-eyed was admired and a sign of beauty so they hung beads of resin before the eyes of their infants to induce cross eyes.

lunamiss
Human brains have a crazy way of accommodating to what we see. I have a friend who was crosseyed and said she always sees 2 of everything but she's had that so long she automatically knows which image is the real one (she played basketball all the time, which amazed me). For other people who have one eye more dominant than the other, the brain sometimes "turns off" the image that it gets from the weaker eye

Mrz.DeAndre Way
They can see but just not clear. There is double of everything. Sometimes, they can see with glasses but not good. Try crossing your eyes. Thats the world of a cross eyed person

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 24, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy