Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

What is astigmatism?
i don't know if I spelled it right, but today I was diagnosed with it. What exactly is it. i have to wear glasses all of the time now. i didn't really understand the doctor, or my mom. C...

I poked myself in the eye....?
and when it happened, there was a small concentrated red welt. I went to the ER and he said I was fine and the red spot should disappear in about a week. But now, it's kinda grown bigger and ...

How can i get rid of spectacles?
my left eye no.is 1.5 and rigght eye is .5 if i take laser treatment is there any side efffect.and from where i can get this ...

I am 17 should i get a laser operation done?
POWER OF MY EYES IS R-( -4.75) L(-6). SHOULD I GET A LASER OPERATION DONE . IF YES AT WHAT AGE? IS IT PAINFULL?...

Which is the most irritating to you?
A. Putting in contacts
B. Taking out contacts
C. You can't sleep with contacts
D. Wearing Glasses
E. Keep loosing ...

What will happen to my contacts if I sleep in them?
Sometimes I get really tired and just want to take a nap in them. However, my friend told me that her sister slept in her contacts and her lenses got stuck in the brain because the eyes roll back ...

I'm thinking of changing from glasses to contacts, is there anything important I need to know?
I'm sick and tired of being teased because of my glasses, and I also feel like it's time for a change. I've decided I want to get contacts if I can, but I'm not really sure what ...

Why would a vain pop in your eye? Nothing hit me or poked me in it.?
This has happened 3 times in the last 3 years. Could it be stress, headaches, or sinuses in some sort of pressure build up? Or something else?...

Can sitting too close to a large TV damage your eyes ?
I have a 42" plasma tv and sit just over 2 meters away from it, could this damage my eyesight ?...

Contact lenses from sams club?
i live in arizona and i get my colored prescription contacts from sams club. i'm going to california tomorrow at 4am and i only have one pair of contacts left and they are a little bit old now. ...

Should my brother get contacts in the 5th or 6th grade?

Eye sight problems runied my friendships.?
Well not really but THEY COULD!
Hi I am fourteen and I wear glasses. In uk my eyesight is about -3. something. So it is bad but not really bad. Just not good lool. I dont wear my glassses only ...

Help me plz?
Yesturday and today when I woke up my eyes were red a itchy. Should I go to the doctors or wat?????...

Does this ever happen to you?
Sometimes, all of a sudden, my eyes just stare at something, and if I try to look away, my eyes don't want to. I don't blink, and I don't have control over it. I mean, I can redirect ...

Should an 11 year old get contacts?
For his eyes. He is very responsible....

What is the worst thing that you have gotten in your eye?

I need to improve my eyesight?
I'm 12 and my I have trouble at school with near-sightedness. In order to read anything, I have to squint very hard. My mom has chastised me all my life to take care with my eyes, and even ...

Do I need bifocals now?
I have glasses (+1.25 power)- eye dr. prescribed them for anytime I need them/all the time use if necessary. I have noticed that they help me to see better when I am on the computer, watching tv, ...

Bleeding eye?
Does anyone know whats wrong with my eye? It just got that way out of the blue. Does anyone know if it serious?

here is a picture

http://i52.photobucket.c...

My eyes get tired after 15-20 minutes of reading?
I'll get a full nights sleep but when I come in to work in the morning on the computer it only takes about 30 minutes and I'll start to feel tired. If it's my eyes, I have glasses, ...

AJ
How do I keep my contacts from drying out?
I heard that taking a shower and working out with your contacts in can dry them out. Really?? Working out can dry them? Why?

rosie.
Rating
use solution !

CRAZED JB Fan ;]
use contact solution =]

Dslitegamer2008
Leave them in the solutions for at leat 4 hour and don't get yourself expose to hot water for example when you take a shower, and there a lot of steam it dry out your contact in a flash. The hot water just take the moist out of your contact, it heat.

TEM
I've never heard that working out in lenses can dry them out, but showering is another story. Water in your eyes washes away your tears and natural eye lubricants...hence, dry contacts. If you leave your lenses in anyway, rinsing your eyes with plain saline solution or using lubricating eye drops made SPECIFICALLY for contact lens use can be a quick fix. I would think the same would apply if your lenses felt dry after a work out. Good luck!

-KICKBOXER-
I never heard that. I ALWAYS had that problem. I decided to put in some extra money for the Acuvue Hydraclear contacts and change them every two weeks. If they don't get better from rewetting drops then you just need to get a different type.

a7x-KandieKiss-a7x
Rating
When you take out your contacts you have to soak them in the cleaning stuff for about 4 hours. Dont wear them all day everyday, if you wear them 24 hours straight you will wear them out!

xxx.xx x
I shower and workout with my contacts in and I have NEVER had a problem of them drying out!!!! Sounds like a fairy tale to me. :--0

wiccanto
i used to wear contacts and they did dry out sometimes, especially in air conditioning. also it could be a sign that you're dehydrated, try drinking more water and see if it improved. i opted out of contacts and the hassles of them and got laser surgery, amazing!!!

Dave K
i've worn contacts for well over 10 years now and the only times i have trouble with them drying up is if they have been in too long or i'm very tired. your eyes should lubricate them while they are in, thats the whole idea, so unless you have a problem with your tearducts i cant see this as a cause.
showering with them in is a bad idea as is swimming without goggles, as water isnt a sterile saline solution and will cause them to feel dry, and also carries bacteria which may stick to the lenses. swimming pools contain clorine and can cause eye irritation without the added risk of contacts.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy