Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

How do you corret a lazy eye?
I've had a slight lazy eye when I was younger. I'm 12 now. I wore glasses and they didn't seem to work. Then, I didn't wear them for 3-5 years and now I realized the other day it ...

Why do eyes have a foggy appearance on people over 50?
My father broke his glasses and have been using mine for the past 3 months even though our perscriptions are slightly different. He's over 50 and has trouble seeing far and near. He's been ...

Is looking at the screen, reading all these questions, hard on your eye's?

How do i convince my mom to buy me new glasses?
okay so i have had the same glasses since 6th grade and there getting a little bit small for my face and my mom wont let me buy new ones bec. they cost 100 dolars

not sunglasses i mean ...

Please help!! Can my son have laser eye surgery?
Hi. I have an 8 year old son who is getting really anxious about wearing his glasses. He is getting very badly bullied about them. He gets called 'specky four eyes' and other horrible names ...

Why do I have some yellow stuff in my eye?
Shoudl I go to doctor?
Additional Details
Well you know the white stuff mines yellow (light yellow). Btw i dont drink or smoke cause im only 15 :)...

My eye color is brown yellowish hazel or light brown there is some yellow.What color is it brown or hazel?
People say its brown and im thinking it might be hazel.From a distance it looks brown but up close when i look in tthe meara i see some yellow.
IMAGINE THE DISCRIPTION I GAVE ABOUT MY EYE COLOR A...

Can a 13 yr old get colored contacts?

Does anyone else have Problems keeping their 'Reading Glasses' Clean of smudges?
I don't know why it is that I have the hardest time keeping my Reading Glasses 'clean' for long periods of time :)
I have to clean them so many times under my kitchen faucet, ...

Medicaid cover laser eye surgery?
i was wondering if anyone knew if medicaid covered eye surgery? my husband plans on getting a job where it'd be best if he didnt have to wear his glasses and he doesnt like contacts....

Eye drops?? Too much??
I wear contacts, the accuvue oaysis w/hydroclear. Lately my eyes have been really dry. I just changed my pair of contacts last night, hoping I just got a defective pair. But they are still dry ...

Can lenses actually correct your vision over time, or do they only help while you're wearing them?

Cant afford contact lenses?
Simply cut out small circles of cling film and press them into your ...

Can I become an optic surgeon if I watch enough of those eye surgery shows?

I have been trying to get my contacts in for almost a total of six hours...PLEASE HELP!!!?
Okay, so I got some contacts like two weeks ago. I have been trying to get them in for like an hour everyday for almost a week but no matter how hard I try I can't get them in. It's very ...

Are our eyes different sizes?
When recently visiting mu opticians, I told him I felt one of my eyes were larger than the other, and he said that everybody has 2 eyes which are different sizes, and that some of us can notice it ...

Do They Have Contacts For A Lazy Eye?
Do They Have Contacts For A Lazy Eye?
I have a lazy eye and i'm near or far siighted (i forget wich one but w/e) do they have contacts for this??...

My eye doctor did not write R or L on my contacts?
I have two boxes and i dont know which eye to put them in. one says -2.50 and the other says -2.75. My right eye is stronger than my left so which box do I use for which eye? Thanks!...

Contacts or glasses?
ok so I have a really bad astigmatism and recently got glasses. I think I would enjoy contacts more but the dr. told me he thought contacts were uncomfortable, I think this is a personal opinion, or ...

Why?? 10 points!?
Why when you see a bright thing, like a flash, and then you turn around, you still have that flash in your eyes, like you still see a light or a dark spot?...

Ashina
How can I tell if my contact is lost in my eye?
I have been wearing contacts for about 3-4 months and several days ago I thought that I dropped one but I didn't see it anywhere (they're clear) and it was in my left eye. After that my left eye got irritated and I tried to see if it was in there but I couldn't find it. And then it got better. But right now my right eye all of a sudden became irritated and is swelled up. It feels like something could be in there but my mom says her eye swelled up before and that it went down. It feels like something is in there but it could just be my eye. Because it is rather large. I am not sure but I was looking in the mirror about 20 min. ago and I pulled on something and I am not sure what it was but it hurt. Are you able to pull on your eye when it is swelled? I would like to know if it could've been the contact I was pulling on or was I pulling on my eye (the white part well.. it's red now)

VIRGO-06
Rating
i dont think that it can go back in your eye..but just incase..go to the doctor or hospital..

vampire_kitti
Rating
A contact cannot get lost in your eye, it is not anatomically possible. You could have been pulling on your cornea, which is very bad and would hurt a lot. You need to see a doctor, you should have gone right after your eye swelled. A piece of contact could have broken off and got embedded in your lid, which is what would be causing the swelling. Go to your doc first thing in the morning, for now take a pain killer and apply cold compresses to help with the swelling and pain. Not freezing, painfully cold, just put some ice in a bag and wrap a clean kitchen towel around it or a couple layers of paper towel.

so_blondexx0
Rating
Go to your eye doctor; that's really bad if your eye's turning red! Also, the eye doctors will be able to tell if your contact is lost in your eye or not. I had the same problem, and luckily it wasnt, but they said if contacts do get lost in your eye you could even go blind! Don't pull on anything anymore, you may have already even caused damage to the eye.

jay
Rating
ive lost my contact in my eye before. its very uncomfortble and feels like dirt is caught in it. you could have been pulling at the contact. i dont think you can actually grab your eye ball without knowing it was that for sure. your eye will be red tho from the rubbing n stuff. if it still hurts by monday and you still havenet gotten it out then i would go to the eye doctor immediatly. it could ruin your vision even worse.

jason_n_misty_fuston
Rating
You may have had a small piece of the contact in your eye. I've noticed that the edges of mine become frayed and sometimes my eyes get irritated. Not to the point of swelling though.

If it's not the contact, then you might have a sty. I've never had one, but my brother-in-law has and he says it feels like sand in your eye. If memory serves, he said a sty is like a pimple under your eyelid. I guess they could be small enough where you couldn't really see them, but you could feel them. I'd suggest wearing glasses for a few days (if you have them) and giving your eyes a bit of a rest. If it doesn't clear up, might be a good idea to go to the doc and have it checked out.

TwinkaTee
It is too coincidental that your eye would swell up after you lost your contact. Have someone else look in your eye - Maybe you should to to an optometrist. They would know where to look.

Heaven L
It is very rare for a contact lens to get lost in your eye, i have probably read about one story about it. Usually it doesnt happen. It sounds like youre further irritating your eye by pulling on your cornea. Wait for the swelling to go down then look in your eye again.

chelle
Rating
yes, you have thin membrane layers on your eye, and this is prob what you were pulling at. Also you have membranes all around your eye, so the contact really can't get lost. It can, however get stuck in your eye lid. what it sounds like to me, is that you lost your contact, but may have irritated your eye, or maybe scratched it. if this is true, your mom is right and your eye will heal. get some saline solution, and put drops in your eye to keep it hydrated. if it takes more than a week to heal, it may be more serious. Good Luck!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, October 25, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy