Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

My eye doctor prescribed me glassses, how bad are my eyes?
1st line -.75
2nd line -.75 -----.-.25--------47

Which is my left and right eye. He said I have 20/30 vision.
PS. He said try glasses first to see at night time in areas ...

Contact lenses?
I got contacts yesterday for the first time. When will i not be able to feel them? When will i not notice im wearing them? And if i cried while wearing them would it affect them at all?
A...

If i require reading glasses what is wrong with my eyes?

Additional Details
What part of my eye is ...

Eyes hurt when trying to open them in light?
my eyes hurt when i try to open them in light, it feels like i'm straining to keep them open with sunlight or lights on but in the dark i can open them fine and they don't hurt at all
<...

What kind of dreams do people see who are born blind? Any idea?
People who are blind by birth obviously cannot even imagine what kind of things the nature or any other matter consists of. They even don't know how animals, birds, or any other thing(s) look ...

Why are glasses still being sold, it's the 21th century. the standard eyewear are now contacts.?
glasses are from benjamin franklin days....

Contacts lenses how long can i wear them?
I am a first time contact lenses wearer and i have acuvue extended wear lenses how long can i leave them in for really? The instructions say 6 days-nights. Someone told me i have to take them out ...

Is an eye test free on the nhs?

Cannot get a contact lens out?
wearing contacts for first time,was told to take out after a few hours,managed to take left one out,right one i cannot get out,tried everything,pouring the cleaning solution in my eye,splashing ...

What is the main job of the respiratory system?

What do i do about school and glasses?
im near sighted but i can still see far away. i wanna be able to see clearyly again without glasses. the only times i wear glasses is when im at school in math class because i sit far away from the ...

What is it called when a person has two differently colored eyes?
One is brown and one is hazel or something like that. Is there a name for this occurence?...

If your a doctor please explain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
Back in febuary i had pink eye. Ever since then when i wake up my eyes are stuck together and theres some crusty stuff on them i cant open my eyes in the morning unless i put warm water on them and ...

How does your face change when you grow up?
What features become prominent or enlarge?? Anything?
Or is it different with everyone?
Additional Details
oops I put it in optical. =/ sorry I don't know how to change it....

Twitching beneath the eye?
usally were you get dark circles
the twitching is only on the left eye not on the right
it'll stop for a min. then start twitching again
When i woke up today there was no ...

I hurt my eyes while looking at a eclipse years ago,any one else got eye problems?
i see lots of static,...

Why do most people still wear glasses?
while there is advancement of technology in glass free eye correction why do they prefer to wear glasses?...

Can u tell if someone has contacts in there eyes??
if u go near them??...

My eye lid has been twiching for about two weeks now can anyone tell me why and how i can fix this please?
is it a serious problem or will i not need to worry about it?...

Contacts won't go in my eyes?
My contacts will not go in my eyes.. I've already changed them when I needed to a couple weeks ago... I've had contacts for about 2 months now and before, I could get them in and out easily ...

Cathi
HELP!!! My daughter got super glue on the lenses of her glasses......any suggestions as to how to get it off?
I understand that super glue remover is available, but I've also been told that it will ruin her plastic lenses.....Thanks!!

Mina
Rating
let it sit in warm water and then put some really good soap on and rub, rub for ur life!

RoVale
Rating
Try soaking the lenses in soap and water for a while. Super Glue doesn't bond to everything and it might just be able to be peeled off. Don't use solvents, though, because they'll ruin the lenses.

uvbeenframed
Rating
It depends on the material of the lens. If they are polycarbonate, which they probably are if she is young (safety material), acetone will melt the material. If they are cr-39 (optical plastic), or glass acetone will work. If you tap the lens and it sounds hollow don't use the acetone!

Your safest bet is to take them back to the Optician, they should be able to remove it.

Gabe M
Rating
SURGERY.

Rachel Rae
hot water and soap

kay_flood
Rating
if they are plastic lenses, she has ruined them and needs new glasses. Anything used to remove the glue, will further damage the lenses.

Kel
Super glue is a corrosive. The glasses are most likely ruined. One of the reasons it holds so good is it kinda melts both surfaces to join them. If you get super glue on some fabrics it will actually produce smoke. The acetone fingernail polish remover is also a bad idea. Most eye glasses are coated with a protective, anti-scratch or anti-shatter type coating, the acetone will damage that coating.

nite_angelica
Straight acetone - nail polish remover probably won't work, but you could try that first.

seenotes
Rating
Sorry, but the news is it's over with. Super glue remover will breakdown the plastic and ruin the lenses.

*For all other readers for future reference- superglue works on lots of things, but glasses is not one of them!

MeLiSsA♥
Use acetone (conveniently available as nail polish remover). If you have coated lenses, it may damage the coating, but it will certainly remove the superglue.

NOTE: After removing the superglue, clean the lens with alcohol or normal lens cleaner to get rid of the residue. Hope this helps!

Sideways
Nail Polish....

Jody
acetone nail polish remover

wicked.aliens
Rating
Glass
Standard Super Glue is not recommended to be used for glass bonding applications. If bonded, soak in water until parts come apart.

http://www.supergluecorp.com/removingsuperglue.html

Best Wishes!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, August 29, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy