Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

Can I wear 2 different contacts in one eye?
I have my original contact lenses for my eyesight. Would it be possible to wear my coloured ones on top of these? Please sopiticated answers. Any dumb/foolish ones I will be reporting abuse ! ...

Eye Problem?
Yo, uh since i can remember i, i seem to see flashing tiny specks like this dot . just like rapidly zooming around and it bothers me sometimes, also i have like these dark connected bubbles that i ...

I get stys in my eyes about 5 times a year. Why?
I change my makeup regularly, etc etc
Additional Details
I wear glasses/contacts and clean those regularly too....

How do u clean contacts?
need 2 ...

I got a bill from my insurance co which states I MAY still owe for services listed.?
Since they said MAY still owe am I obligated to pay them? My understanding is that the amount for certain svcs is negoiated btwn the insur co and Pearle. If Pearle agrees and they did then why ...

How does an eyeglass lens differ from a magnifying glass lens?
If an old person can no longer read fine print, and gets glasses for that reason, are the lenses likely to be the same as magnifying glass lenses, or is there something fundamentally different about ...

My vision?!?
hey,

Sometimes my vision goes cloudy (if you know what i mean)
especially when im staring at the tv or the computer screen,and when i rub my eyes it goes but then comes back.

Contact Lenses....?
Ok. Im not really worried about this, but I have disposable contacts. They are good for 2 weeks. Anyway, I have had them in for the 2 weeks. The first week to 9 days they were clear as crystal, but ...

Look me in the eye, and tell me a lie!?
With all this politically correct, and the truth, not everyone want's t;o hear the truth. Tell me a Lie!!...

How long do contacts last when..?
when they say the period it lasts is 2 weeks, does it mean 2 weeks since the time u opened it or what....

Is there anything you can do to help a detached retina?
my grandpa has a detached retna that really bothers him, and i wantd to know if there is anything out there to help him.
any suggestions?...

Is lazer eye surgery worth the $5,000??
I have contacts and they kill my eyes! I have horrible vision and was told to try looking into this surgery....

Can you convert a contact lens prescription to any eyeglass prescription?
I know you cant do the reverse, however, my most recent eye exam was for contacts and they only wrote the contact prescription on the slip I have, so I was wondering if I can get my eyeglass ...

I have a severe astigmatism. Should I take a "eye" supplement or something to keep it from getting any worse?
I am pretty nearsighted too! I ordered some pinhole glasses to try. I don't have enough cornea for Laser surgery and I don't want to be blind by the time I'm 40! Any ideas would be ...

Anyone know about lasik?
my vision is pretty bad, i've been wearing contacts 4 along time 'bout 12 yrs now, im 26 yrs. old.....my vision is @ a -8.50....i guess u can say that im legally blind....can my physician ...

Itchy eyes..?
OK so my eyes are really bothering me. I have allergies so it usually happens around this time of year, but it's never been this bad. They're all red and itchy and they burn a little. I put ...

Lazer eye surgery, is it all its cracked up to be?
i think its called lazek eye surgery but I'm not sure i am planning to get it done as an eighteenth birthday present for myself.

everywhere it says its really easy and safe and it ...

Low income dental/eyeglass question?
Are there any ways a low income Wisconsin resident can get free eyeglasses/dental services? I have no income or ...

People who wear glasses...Am I ok??
So I am 21 and I went in for my first eye exam. I was told I am slightly near sighted and got glasses to use only when I needed them. I feel like I am paranoid now. I feel like I now notice more the ...

Why are light colored eyes delicate to light?

Greta Leigh
HELP! Metal shard in eye!?
My friend has a piece of metal (very tiny, like the size of a eyelash but shorter) lodged into his eyeball right where the cornnia meets the iris.

I told him he has to go to the ER of course. He's one of those people though so he's trying to figure it out.

It is possible to use a magnet to get it out? And is it also possible it will dislodge itself while he sleeps?

Are there ANY chances of a home remedy?

If you don't know, please don't answer. 10 points to the first "best". and THANK YOU!!

ylime
my goodness! why do u even bother to post this question?!

threaten him that he's gonna go blind. force him up that ambulance, and kick him right into the ER.

Arachne
Rating
You have to absolutely go to the ER or else he could have some serious side effects or even face potential blindness. If the shard is not removed and is sharp enough it could cut through the tissue of the eye and aggravate or slice the nerves within and around the eye. Which would cause other problems.

krystal
Rating
Sorry to say but he has to go to the ER and asap. The same thing happened to my dad while he was grinding a piece of metal at work, it was a tiny piece of metal. Well, he was like your friend and didnt want to go to the dr, the next day he saw a spot in his eye which moved. Well, to make a long story short, he finally went to the dr to find that his retina was detatched, went through 2 surgeries, and is now blind in that eye. Your vision is not something to mess with, and a piece of metal (no matter how small) can do a lot of damage. Tell him to go to the ER

Penny W
He definitely needs to see an ophthamologist or an ER Dr. You cannor remove a piece of metal in the eye at home. My son works at a steel tubing plant, so we have been through this more times than I can count. Sometimes it has to have a emdicated patch on it due to the scratching of the cornea. Neverthless, he needs to see a Dr of some type that can put it under a lamp and look at it, and get the metal out, then take care of the place where the metal was. It can be very dangerous, so tell him as bad as I know it hurts, DO NOT rub or scratch it. It can very easily become infected. Hope it;s better soon.

Diane A
Rating
NO. Metal in the eye is one of those things that MUST go to the ER (or an eye doc) BECAUSE it will (believe it or not) cause a rust ring that will impair vision. Metal has to be fully removed or scraped off under a special eye magnifying machine with dye. There is also the real possibility that the metal splinter will penetrate the eye and get into the inner part of the eye.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.084
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy