Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

Is it possible that some people just weren't made for contacts?
I had a followup exam with my eye doctor a week ago and he said that evrything looked fine.

However, I have tried two different types of soft contacts (a 2 week one and a 1 month one), and ...

I accidentally used lens cleaning solution as an eye drop. How do I treat my swollen red eyes? Please help.?

Proclear contacts - how do I tell which are for my left/right eye???
Hi Guys...

I dunno if I am having a serious dumb moment but I have ordered Proclear shere contacts online - the boxes arrived today but there was no marking on the box to tell me which is ...

My new glasses ?
ok 1st i got glases today and they make my eyes ich and make me more blind and dont help at all when i look and try to read something it doesnt matter how far away it is but i cant read it as well ...

My eyes always become blurry after starring at the computer? I do wear contacts.?
Is there a way to recover from this quickly?
Is there a special contact or glasses that prevents this?...

Contacts!?
I had glasses since the 3rd grade I am now in 5th grade I had worn 4 different glasses the most recent one I am wearing is my only favorite but it is kinda big and it always falls so I leave it there ...

Is there something seriously wrong with my eye?
last week i think i had an allergic reaction to something...i had hives all over and eventually my right eye swelled and got really itchy. then it turned red and it got worse ever since last week.<...

Coloured contact lenses- how much do they cost?!?
lol i hav perfect vision i just wanted coloured lenses....about how much (approx) are they? and where can u get them if u ...

Colored Contacts?
Do u no a site where I can get colored contacts and they work real good...like i go to www.insanelenses.com and they have good colored contacts there and i have brown eyes and i baught aqua and ...

Contact Lense Help...?
I have been trying for weeks to get my contact lenses into my eye... are there people out there who just can't do it or am I the only one? My scrip is only -0.5 and sometimes I think it's ...

Contact lense question?
I've been wearing glasses for almost 6 months now, i would like to try contact lenses. Are the prescription of the glasses and the contacts compatible? Or should i have an eye exam first? What ...

Can people go blind without damage to the eye?

I'm 15 and VERY nearsighted..am i almost blind?
right now, my eye grade's about 7.00 and i'm only fifteen. i'm worried that it might get really worse before i can have a laser treatment, or that i might be one of those who can'...

Contacts/Roller Coasters?
Okay, so i where contacts and as some of you know Cedar Point has some VERY high powered roller coasters, i was wondering if it would hurt my eyes wearing contacts while going on those roller coaster....

Contact Wearers!!?
I'm so dumb with contacts it seems. I took
a 30 minute class learning to use them..I have no
trouble getting them in, it's out. I feel like I'm
taking them out with ...

My eyes are two different sizes?
i have asian eyes and my right eye seem to be bigger than my left. its like the crease on my left eye fold in more? im not really sure how to explain it but it looks similar to this..

Eye contact help pleases help I'm so scared?
my contact is stuck in my left eye after I slept with it in for 4 hours now I can't even see it does anyone have any tips to get it to come to the surface. Please help I'm not sure what to ...

Are Contact Lenses Safe?
My dad says that i'll go blind from wearing them. is it true?...

Eye Contact problemm!! HELP!?
Hi. i wear contacts and my 30 days were up so i opened up a new pack.

this was like a week or two ago.
and i can not were one of the contacts.
it is just so uncomfertable. its ...

My vision is blurring in the mirror?????? [im starting to get kinda freaked now.....]?
ok so a few months ago my right eye started, like twitching. More like, pulsing...? Well on my eyelid it looks like my eye kinda has like a heart in it cause it like "pulses" to my heart ...

paceywitter
Glasses help!?
I just got new glasses at a wholesalers,i returned them once for having the wrong material for lenses and they refused to put the cool greeny tints on them the second time round. just wondered if you can have these tints done somewhere else after the glasses have been made??

Hedge Witch
No - the tint is added to the lens material during construction so it is integral

rachel
Rating
It can be done as long as the lenses are plastic. Most opticians won't do it though. The opticians I worked for would not tint lenses bought somewhere else in case the colour went wrong. We would then have been responsible for replacing the lenses.

futuretopgun101
Rating
Take you frames to specsavers or any other decent opticians. They will make new lenses with whatever colour and spec you want, in what ever frames you have.

elizabeth_ashley44
You can have tints added after the fact, but I'm guessing that the different lens material is the problem, not the store "refusing" to put them on. :) Plastic lenses tint well, but polycarbonate lenses don't. If you have special coatings added to your lenses like anti-reflective coating, you can't tint after the fact either. Take them to a local optical store and see what they say. They may be able to tint them.

ILoveMySon!
That is ridiculous... they gave you the wrong material so they wouldn't put the antireflection coating on when they fixed it. That doesn't seem to make sense if you pay for a certain coating on your lenses you should get it. It is not your fault they gave you the wrong material (unless you changed your mind when they were already being made). If having the wrong material was at their fault I would go back there and complain to who ever is in charge..... see if they can do anything for you! It is technically possible to get the antireflection coating but your lenses will have to be in mint condition and some places may do it for you at your own risk.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy