Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

How do i improve my vision besides glasses/contacts/lasik?

Wtf is wrong w.my eye?
For about 15 minutes I had squiggly lines in front of my eyes.. and I couldn't focus very well. When I'd close my eyes, it was still there... It freaked me out pretty bad. Its gone now, ...

Is the sight test on the driving test very far as i wear contact lenses and am worried -12 00?

What is the best laser eye surgery to go to in Madison, WI?
I live around Madison, Wisconsin and am looking for the best Dr. who does laser eye surgery. Do any have military discounts? Thanks....

What would happen if i wear glasses made for people who are far sighted and i am near sighted?
I heard that if you use glasses that don't belong to you, you would damage your eyes. I also remeber "getting used" to a pair of new glasses .Since i have myopia (nearsightness), can ...

Is two different colored eyes om a person cool or creepy?

Eyes laser surgery?
i went for a contucation to Oplical express and i have been told the prescription has change from 2 yrs. and i have to wait may 5 yers.if there any possabilyty to do it anyway,4 example optimax or ...

Eye sight wen becoming a pilot?
My dream is to be a pilot, but i am short sighted and wear glasses sometimes, my vision close up is great. will this affect my career?...

Whats lasik surgery?
i know its for eyes buy like what is it and what does it do?...

How do you get a contact to stick?
I'm new to contact lenses. I've been having problems getting the left one in. I know it's going on the retina but when I try to pull my finger away the lens comes with it! Why is this ...

Hi my friend has a floating lens in his eye. has anyone heard of this before and if so do u know any treatment

Additional Details
thank you for answering my question. i'm not sure if i explained right. the problem with the eye is that their is very very limited sight in the eye, its limited ...

I have 2 kittens that have matted eyes. I clean them but the next day they are matted again. help please.?

Dry eye or allergies?
Ever since April I have been having discomfort in my eyes. The eyelids get swollen and the eyeballs feel dry and they feel "dirty". I wish I could take them out and rinse them with water ...

Color contacts?
i have brown eyes but i want them 2 be green.... would green contacts show some of the brown in my eye?

where can i get them... i dont need a perscritption tho.....

Can anyone tell me about Lasik eye surgery? What to expect, and things like that.?

Just curious because I plan to when I am old enough, how many times canyou have laser eye surgery?

Is it true contacts improve your vision?
it just sounds too good 2 be true i dont belive it....

Is laser eye surgery worth it? How much does it cost and what are the pros and cons?

Switching to contacts?
i want to get contacts but im afraid once i get them i wont keep up with putting them in every day and what not.
also my mom refuses to spend extra money on me. i was supposed to get them last ...

What's that kwak kwak sound when I rub my eye?
I wonder because it's always my left eye and that makes me worry......

angel*on*earth
Glasses are really hurting my nose is this normal?
I just got glasses on sunday and I've been wearing them the only probably is that they hurt my nose really bad, it feels like its swollen and my sinuses kinda hurt to. Are the frames to tight on my nose? or do I just need to get used to glasses?

Beck
I'd try to wear them for the rest of this week, to kind of break them in. After that, if your nose still hurts and is swollen, chances are the frames fit too snugly on your nose and you need to have them re-fitted!
When I first got my glasses this summer, my nose was a little sore for about a week, but after that it felt fine!

It sounds really painful. :(
Hope it gets better!

HyperDog
Rating
If the lenses are really thick and heavy, there may not be much you can do, IF the nose pad is fitted properly. If it is not well-fitted to your nose, go back and get them to check the fit.

Sam
Rating
well if its hurting that bad then the glasses probably dont fit properly. go to where you got them and get the glasses adjusted

RLW
It sounds like they need to be adjusted. Most places will do this for free. So either go back to the place you bought them and ask them to fix them or - I know from personal experience - that Pearle Vision stores will do this for free on a walk-in basis. They are found in most malls. Your glasses shouldn't hurt - they need to be comfortable or else you won't want to wear them.

Adam
Rating
As an eyewear blogger (yes, there is such a thing), know that there are three possibilities as to why your glasses are uncomfortable:

(1) The nose pads need to be adjusted. Essentially the eyewear technician will probably push the nosepads towards the lenses so that the space between the nosepads is increased, thereby putting less pressure on your nose. This is the most likely cause of your trouble. This adjustment should be free at most locations (target does adjustments for free), whether or not you bought your eyeglasses at that location.

(2) The frames aren't appropriate for your PD (pupillary distance--the distance between your eyes). It is possible that you were sold a pair of frames made for people with closer-set eyes than you have. This is pretty unlikely.

(3) As the previous poster suggested, the frames might just be too heavy. I have a pair of steel-framed sunglasses and they become very uncomfortable after about 3 hours of wear. This is simply because they are steel and they are heavy. I really recommend buying a pair of titanium eyeglasses if this is not what you have already. They can be found online for less than $80.

I recently blogged about titanium frames at my site:
http://www.getbetterglasses.com/index.php?/archives/10-Titanium-Frames.html

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 24, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy