Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

I'm 14, and i have Dark eye undercircles that r really getting on my nerves. Any at home remedies or products?
this would really help me
thanks so much<33!...

Contact lesnses?
Please, people, help me! I am wondering if I can wear make-up if I have contact lenses? Will there be something wrong about it? Please try to answer me if you know!...

Having Top+Bottom braces, already got glasses, really would like contact lenses, but are they really safe?!?
Im having top and bottom braces very soon, already got glasses, and dont want both!

Can get contact lenses in and out, and have tried them so thats not a problem. I do want them but Im ...

Is it normal for a eye doctor to charge me for copies of my personal records?.?

Would I need glasses for this?
My eyes have been hurting when I read (books and online). Sometimes it feels like my eyes are being pulled to the middle, like when you go cross-eyed. I don't have any real vision problems, ...

Do i need glasses?
iv had an eye test n i was fyn that was about 2 years ago, but for the last 6 months i see double and i strain sometimes to see the board at school, and it hurts my eyes, but other times it can be ...

Can you tell my glasses are fake?
I started wearing glasses, but do not need them. I just like the way I look--smart. :)

Is there any way anyone could tell they are fake? I spent about $100 on the frames ...

Do I Have Lazy Eye?
I woke up this morning and my right eye suddenly was all weird.. Like, i felt it a lot squintier than the left, and it feels like my right eyelid is always pulling down, like closing over the ...

What is your contact prescription?
I'm in a sticky situation, my contact prescription expired (from a precious company) and new enrollment for vision Ins. thru my current company isn't until Jan '08, I can't wait ...

Should I wear my contact lenses if my eyes are red when I wake up in the morning?
It doesn't happen everyday, but I was just wondering if it was safe too. I guess i'm really tired.
Additional Details
I just got contacts last month, acuvue advanced, and I ...

What is the best shop to buy prescription glasses?

Has a person ever had purple eyes?
CAN a person have purple eyes? Is there a photo on the internet of someone who does? Because if there is, I sure can't find it!...

Opticians - please can you advise me...?
I got my contact lenses from Specsavers today but the prescription numbers on the paperwork in the box are different to the prescriptions numbers on my eye test for spectacles, when I had my eyes ...

How Can I Change My Eye Color?
I just wanted to know if I can change my eye color WITHOUT using contacts? My eyes are brown right now and I want them to be green! Please can you tell me how to do so?
Please Help!!!!!!!!...

Can wearing socks to bed create vision problems???
Every one around me says that wearing socks to bed can create vision problems. They say that eye doctors even ask a person if they wear socks to bed. I think it'd bs. I live in a kind of ...

How can i improve my eyesight?
i need glasses for driving and seeing the board in school, but when i'm just chillen out i don't need them. so is there anything i can do ti improve my eyesight with eye surgery?...

Omg someone plz help me with my eye i cant stand it no more ima cry?
omg idk whats wrong with my eye whenever i close it i could feel the bottem lid like pull or something and my mom checked it to see if it was a eyelash and it made it worse now its itchy omg i can ...

How long can you keep your eyes open without blinking?
I managed 1 min and 50 secs. Didn't even think I'd make it to 1 min (and no, I didn't use matchsticks or hold them open, I just concentrated on the clock). Can you do any better?...

What should you do when your eyes feel tired?

What vision makes you legally blind?

babigyrl0408
Getting Contacts For the First Time?
I recently just got contacts (have a trial pair for the moment until my follow-up appointment). It is hard for me to insert and remove them because I keep blinking and I get nervous. I was just wanting any tips or advice for me about contacts (easy insertion and removal tips, advice on if should sleep in them, etc). Should I get a back-up pair of glasses just in case? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!!!

ArachnidDemon
Hold your eyelids open, but eventually you won't have to. You are not supposed to sleep with them in, but I do.

Kaitlyn
Well I put mine in kinda funky...One of my eyes I have to look straight while putting it in and the other I have to look sideways....I don't know why but it took me forever to figure it out... Basically you will just have to keep practicing.. It took me a while too... Beleive me... You will get used to it... And you shouldn't sleep with them in... Good luck!!

Lauri S
Rating
you want to hold your lids open. And, you should always, always, always have a pair of glasses in your current RX, no matter if you primarily wear your contacts.

metoka75
Well, I got contacts a year or two ago. They are uncomfortable for a little while. I was so worried I'd hurt my eye for the longest time.
The white of your eye, you can't really feel when you touch it so try looking up a bit when you put your contact in and aim for a non colored part. Also, I find it easier to use my left middle finger to pull up my top eyelid (try to pull up your eyelid near the eyelashes and on the skin) and then balance my contact on my right finger, while pulling down right below my eye with my right middle finger. It opens the eye really wide and I have a bigger target to aim for.
As for removing: I open my eye the same way and with the tip of my finger (NOT the nail.) I'll grab it gently. Sometimes, it'll fold over and that's ok too.
DO NOT SLEEP IN YOUR CONTACTS unless they are the breathable kind. Talk to your eye doctor about that, If you sleep in them, your eyes can't get enough oxygen and when you wake up you'll have a scratchy eye that hurts really bad. Trust me, it's not fun. Especially with a color contact. :(
Make sure you wash your hands before touching your contacts and eyes, DON'T put your contacts in after you do your make up (mascara and eye liner hurt soooo bad when you get it in your eye, I speak from personal experience).
It's ok if you're nervous, with every time you remove and insert you contact you'll get more used to it.
Having a pair of glasses is nice in case your eyes dry out a bit (if you're staring at a computer screen or something for a while) and it's a relief to know that you can take them out and let your eyes breathe a bit without being blind. :)

darnae l
the first time i got them it was hard to put them in and out but i kind of got use to doin it. so just when you first put them in try to take them out then just put them back in.

ditdit
Rating
I can't afford them anymore- but oh are they great! I slept in mine and boiled them clean in the container- that's how much of a dinosaur I am! My first week I lost one in my eye! Had to call my brother and have him instruct me in baby steps how to retrieve it from what I imagined was my brain- but was just up in my lid. Keep your hands clean before and after- in fact the only time you should touch your face is when putting the lenses in. Have fun. Oh and always back-up glasses- and now you can get really cool sunglasses cheap!

Rachel M
Practice, practice, practice. Eventually, your eye will get used to a finger in there. Make sure your contacts are clean, or it will hurt like hell. DO NOT sleep in your contacts! You can get heinous infections! ALWAYS have a back-up pair of glasses, and as long as you are still practicing, keep them with you at all times, and also some solution and a case.

Mike D
Rating
Contacts are great and easy to wear. If you look up when putting them in you dont see your finger about to poke your eye so you dont have the temptaion to blink. Always rinse the contacts thoughly make theres some dust thats causing you to blink. I use both middle fingers to open the eye. One one on the top one on the bottom lid. and i use my pointer finger to put the lens in. You get use to pokeing you eye. Always keep a pair of glasses to use when your now wearing the contacts or when you just feel lazy and dont want to put your contacts on.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, October 2, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy