Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

Twitching beneath the eye?
usally were you get dark circles
the twitching is only on the left eye not on the right
it'll stop for a min. then start twitching again
When i woke up today there was no ...

I hurt my eyes while looking at a eclipse years ago,any one else got eye problems?
i see lots of static,...

Why do most people still wear glasses?
while there is advancement of technology in glass free eye correction why do they prefer to wear glasses?...

Can u tell if someone has contacts in there eyes??
if u go near them??...

My eye lid has been twiching for about two weeks now can anyone tell me why and how i can fix this please?
is it a serious problem or will i not need to worry about it?...

Contacts won't go in my eyes?
My contacts will not go in my eyes.. I've already changed them when I needed to a couple weeks ago... I've had contacts for about 2 months now and before, I could get them in and out easily ...

How long do you REALLY wear your contact lenses? (Tell the truth, you eye doctor is offline.)?

Does color eye contacts expire?
I wanted to buy the Acuvue 2 Colours eye contacts just for halloween to match my costume. But after that I probably use it for atleast 3 months, I was wonder if the contacts will expire or not?...

Anyone had Lasik surgery on their eyes? I'm scared they will mess up and I go blind?

Can contacts make your eyesight worse?
Is it ok for a 13 year old to have contacts?
will it make the eyesight worse like if i take the contacts off?
thanks x]...

Color Contacts?
I finally received my color contacts to find that the colored part doesn't align. Therefore, it covers part of my pupil and when looking up close at my eyes, they look lazy. Is there a way to ...

Are plastic sunglasses harmful for ur eyes?

Any way to improve eyesight?
im 14 and the prescription degree thingy of my right eye is around 690. YIKES! my left eye is around 400 tho...

is there anyway i can improve my eyesight without surgery?...

Are Contact Lenses Expensive??
Are they more expensive than glasses?? I'm shortsighted if that helps......

Can you drive if you're blind in one eye?

How can you tell if someone has a glass eye?

Do you wear glasses, eye contacts, or neither?
Do you wear eye contacts, glasses, or neither?
Additional Details
This is a Poll!!!!...

Does looking at a computer screen too long permanently damage your eyes.?
I find it very hard to read using a computer screen, but its the most efficient way to read all the literature I have to get through.
My eyes get sore and teary after a while (30mins). Every 15 ...

Laser eye surgery anyone had this treatment and what was the results?
im shortsighted and normally use daily disposable contact lenses but laser eye surgery seems so cheap now that in the long run it wud prob be cheaper for me to have surgery. anyone had it done, what ...

I have hazel eyes and i'm not sure if I should get colored contacts?
Would they show up above my dark eyes? I really would like green, or something totally out there, like silver or ...

Andreu
Eyes hurt when trying to open them in light?
my eyes hurt when i try to open them in light, it feels like i'm straining to keep them open with sunlight or lights on but in the dark i can open them fine and they don't hurt at all

i usually only have them open enough to see

My vision is fine there are no problems with it i have 20/20 vision

I have not been looking directly at the sun, or looking at a tv or computer close up

its like the reaction people have to light when they first wake up but all the time.

Mark K
Rating
dear Andreu, I'm not sure what you have but my wife has similar symptoms for 5 years now. In her case it's so bad she had to quit her job. She cannot drive a car more than 2 Km.
symptoms: light bothers all the time, even at low light levels in living rooms. Indirect soft light is best. Small pin-point light sources (like halogen spots) are worst. My wife also has dry eyes. She feel pain like needles in her eyes. Strangely the symptoms go away temporarily when chewing food or when she sits at a table looking down and doing something like working with clay close to the chest/abdomen.
Try these tricks, do they work for you too?

We have seen over 11 eye-doctors in the NL, Spain and Romania in the past 5 yrs. Also, we visited many other doctors like internists, neurologists, allergy doctors. We also did many blood tests, MRI-scans, you name it...all was done. Still, nobody can do a good diagnosis.
Yet, there seem to be more patients out there like my wife suffering from very similar symptoms! Please let me know.

And yes: she also uses eye gel and eye drops to moisten the eyes. This sooths and cools the eyes but it does not solve the pain and light sensitivity issues.

Nick
You have an eye infection buddy. I have had this before too. You can get ointments from your local drug store to put into your eyes, but try to rest them. Stay in a dark room and try not to subject them to any light.

Good luck!

Spectre O
Rating
pain usually means something is not right. it's happen to me before. I was very photosensitive. went to an eye doctor and my eye's blood vessels had small hemorrhages. Go see an eye doctor.

YA
You've probably been living in darker area and when you finally shows up around lighter area, the lights are too strong for your eyes...it happens to me all the time so I have to wear sunglasses and it also protect my eyes too.

lee S
Rating
could you have an eye infection that is my best guess and i did study to be a nurse so i do know some of this but to double chgeck have someone take you to the eye doctor to check or your regular doctor to make sure your eyes are fine and not damage at all. good luck

Truth
Use eye drops. There are all types of eye drops, just look for the ones that best fit your eye status lol. I think there are some to "calm eyes" which is sooth.

i_no_speak_inglis
you might have meningitis,check asap with doctor to take your suspicion off.

Aoife C
Rating
try and spend as much time as possible in light and ur eyes will eventually adjust to it

Little Miss Me
If you have blue eyes (like myself) this could be whats wrong--
I have been sensitive to light as long as i can remember.
When i go in the light i have to squint until my eyes adjust.
Yes, i do have terrible eye sight, but with my contacts, it still happens. Its just the color of the eye. its very light, and sensitive to light.. Also it causes sneezing.

You might also have allergies..
Go to a doctor to make sure!
GOOD LUCK! have a great day!

sophie
Rating
everyones eyes hurt when you try to open them in the light

annfrank
Rating
you might have meningitis or a broken brain blood vessel sensitivity to light is a symptom

SternFan ♥
First off you really should go see an eye doctor to determine what is causing this, below is what I found on search:
It sounds like Photophobia which for many people , is not due to any underlying disease. Severe photophobia may be associated with eye problems and cause severe eye pain even in relatively low light.
Causes
Excessive wearing of contact lenses, or wearing badly fitted contact lenses
Eye disease, injury, or infection (such as chalazion, episcleritis, glaucoma )
Burns to the eye
Common migraine headache
Meningitis
Acute iritis or uveitis (inflammation inside eye)
Corneal abrasion
Corneal ulcer
Drugs such as amphetamines, atropine, cocaine, cyclopentolate, idoxuridine, phenylephrine, scopolamine, trifluridine, tropicamide, and vidarabine

Home Care
The discomfort of light sensitivity can be reduced by avoiding sunlight, closing the eyes, wearing dark glasses, or darkening the room. However, the cause for the light sensitivity should be determined, since proper treatment may cure the problem. Seek urgent medical attention if pain is moderate to severe in low-light conditions.

When to Contact a Medical Professional
Call your doctor if light sensitivity is severe. For example, if you need to wear sunglasses indoors.
Also call if the sensitivity occurs with headaches, red eye or blurred vision or does not go away in a day or two.

pink_is_metal
your eyes don't react quick and when they see the light they aren't use to them, maybe you are in the dark too much. Remember eyes are sensitive

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy