Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

Contacts: I just started wearing them?
The first week they were fine I got use to them, just last week they turned my eyes red. My friends asked if I had been smoking weed, thats how bad they were. I was told there wasa nothing over the ...

When should I get glasses?
Lately I've been having trouble reading writing that is far away. I have DirectTV and I can barely read the guide, the words are a blur, but I can see the picture perfectly. I can't see the ...

Eyes extrmely sensitive to air movement?
What could be causing extremely sensitive eyes? My boyfriend will wakep in the morning fine but throughtout the day it gets worse and worse. His eyes aren't dry, they water but they are so ...

Eye glass probelm?
I have received my new eye glasses 10 days ago and feel headachy and pain in my left eye when I wear it although it was the same perception as the old one which comfort me 100%, I have asked the ...

Do you have "floaters"?
If so, how do you get rid of them. Its like I cant see without seeing circles float around!!!...

I'm thinking about having Laser eye surgery?
Need to have some inderpendant feedback....

I have a BC of 8.6 and its prescribed to freshlook but i want acuve and they only have 8.8 and 8.4?
WHich size acuvue lence should i get??
Additional Details
I dont want the color acuvue i want the oasys kind....

Can I go in the pool with contacts? Or do i need special gogles(googles)? PLease answer?
Can i go into the pool with contacts? Do i need special gogles?...

Just like to know?
judging by my prescripton do you think I shoul have my glasses on all the time or not?

Left eye: -3.50, Right eye: -3.25

Thanks, I'm asking this cos I want different ...

Can LASIK surgery change your DNA?
If the parents of a child both had laser eye surgery before the child was born, would the child have perfect vision as well?

Stupid question, I know. Just wondering if it's ...

Why does this happen?
I wear glasses, but if I take them off and squint my eyes so much that if I scrunched them up any more they'd be closed, I can see almost as well as I can with them. Why does this happen?
<...

Can I wear glasses with contacts? please read!?
I have contacts that I wear everyday but I feel like my vision had gotten worse. I just went to the eye doctor in January and he changed my perscription from -1.00 and -1.25 to -1.75 in both eyes. T...

What can cause a headache on one side and my eye bloodshot in same area?
I woke this morning with a headache on the left side of my head around the temple area, then I looked in the mirror and saw my left eye on the outside part was totally bloodshot. Only that area is ...

Where can i buy color contact without an eye exam?

Do u like glasses er contacts better?
and why?...

Hey i have a vision question.....?
ok so i wear glasses.ive been wearing glasses ever since i was 8 and im now 16. i realy dont like glasses because they are very annoying and i misplace them all the time. i dont know about contacts, ...

Is it possible to get scratches removed off glasses?
i have loads but cant aford new glasses,can the scratches be removed?
no stupid ...

Will lack of sleep effect your eyes, and tv and computer?
people always compliment my eyes but almost all day everyday i have the tv on. i even sleep watching it. and im on the computer ALOT. and i only sleep a few hours a day. will that effect how my eyes ...

Which is the most common eye color? ?
Give me ur sources if you have any. Can you tell me which is the most common eye color/hair color?

Thanks....

Blue colored contacts for brown eyes?
i really want blue colored contacts that look NATURAL.
what is the most natural brand, and the most natural shade of blue?
where can i get them? do i neeed a perscription? how much will all ...

jgeiger2006
Eye drops?? Too much??
I wear contacts, the accuvue oaysis w/hydroclear. Lately my eyes have been really dry. I just changed my pair of contacts last night, hoping I just got a defective pair. But they are still dry today. I'm putting in drops 9-10 times a day! Just to stay remotely comfy. I do stare at a computer screen all day, and they definately get better when I am at home and not looking at the computer. But the main question is Can I put too much eye drops in my eyes throughout the day?? Can it be harmful??

brian w
no i dont think so, but you may try leaving your contacts out for a day or 2

hotdogsarefree
Rating
go back / to eye Dr /and talk to him / YES / you / are using /to many times / a day /EYES/ are nothing to fool with / GO NOW

Victoria O
i was told that it can be harmful. i beleive thats over dosing on eye drops.just an idea. i was always told not to put alot of drops in and dont use them constantly

vampire_kitti
Rating
If it's something like natural tears, you can't have too much, but don't use medicated drops more then indicated.
The most likely reason for the dryness is the recent climb in temberature. Drink more water to keep your eyes, and the rest of your body well hydrated. Take breaks on the computer so your eyes can relax.

-♥-lovely
Yes, I think you might be using too much eye drops..I would suggest 4 times a day max. Also, take a break from your contacts sometimes, and wear your glasses more often, like when you're just around home or something! The more you leave your contacts in the dryer your eyes will get.

mlgable
Rating
Yes you can put to much eye drops in. You need to look away more often when at the computer and make an effort to blink more to keep your eyes moister. You may also want so see if you eye doc thinks a pair of computer glasses would help you.

~E~
Rating
Yes. I would definitely suggest getting non-preservative eye-drops. Most eye drops contain preservatives which aren't good for your eyes. I actually had really dry eyes not too long ago and I was putting so much drops in them and it turned out I was harming them more than making them better. I went to see an ophthamologist and he told me I had a mild toxic reaction to the preservatives. It is going to take a few months now for it to go away. TheraTears are preservative-free!

princeidoc
no. if you are using "contact lens rewetting drops", you cannot harm your eyes by doing it "too much". you could dump the entire bottle in there and not cause any damage.

the real question is...why are you do "dry"? you need to inform your optometrist fo this and possibly have another examination.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.064
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 31, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy