Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

Contacts!?
I had glasses since the 3rd grade I am now in 5th grade I had worn 4 different glasses the most recent one I am wearing is my only favorite but it is kinda big and it always falls so I leave it there ...

Is there something seriously wrong with my eye?
last week i think i had an allergic reaction to something...i had hives all over and eventually my right eye swelled and got really itchy. then it turned red and it got worse ever since last week.<...

Coloured contact lenses- how much do they cost?!?
lol i hav perfect vision i just wanted coloured lenses....about how much (approx) are they? and where can u get them if u ...

Colored Contacts?
Do u no a site where I can get colored contacts and they work real good...like i go to www.insanelenses.com and they have good colored contacts there and i have brown eyes and i baught aqua and ...

Contact Lense Help...?
I have been trying for weeks to get my contact lenses into my eye... are there people out there who just can't do it or am I the only one? My scrip is only -0.5 and sometimes I think it's ...

Contact lense question?
I've been wearing glasses for almost 6 months now, i would like to try contact lenses. Are the prescription of the glasses and the contacts compatible? Or should i have an eye exam first? What ...

Can people go blind without damage to the eye?

I'm 15 and VERY nearsighted..am i almost blind?
right now, my eye grade's about 7.00 and i'm only fifteen. i'm worried that it might get really worse before i can have a laser treatment, or that i might be one of those who can'...

Contacts/Roller Coasters?
Okay, so i where contacts and as some of you know Cedar Point has some VERY high powered roller coasters, i was wondering if it would hurt my eyes wearing contacts while going on those roller coaster....

Contact Wearers!!?
I'm so dumb with contacts it seems. I took
a 30 minute class learning to use them..I have no
trouble getting them in, it's out. I feel like I'm
taking them out with ...

My eyes are two different sizes?
i have asian eyes and my right eye seem to be bigger than my left. its like the crease on my left eye fold in more? im not really sure how to explain it but it looks similar to this..

Eye contact help pleases help I'm so scared?
my contact is stuck in my left eye after I slept with it in for 4 hours now I can't even see it does anyone have any tips to get it to come to the surface. Please help I'm not sure what to ...

Are Contact Lenses Safe?
My dad says that i'll go blind from wearing them. is it true?...

Eye Contact problemm!! HELP!?
Hi. i wear contacts and my 30 days were up so i opened up a new pack.

this was like a week or two ago.
and i can not were one of the contacts.
it is just so uncomfertable. its ...

My vision is blurring in the mirror?????? [im starting to get kinda freaked now.....]?
ok so a few months ago my right eye started, like twitching. More like, pulsing...? Well on my eyelid it looks like my eye kinda has like a heart in it cause it like "pulses" to my heart ...

Laser eye surgery?????
i want to have this done but i dont know any effects or anything...got any ...

How long is an eye glass perscription good for?

Allergies and contacts- Medication? Eye drops?
I'm going to get contacts, but I have allergies. I've heard it won't work for people with allergies, but how about with daily allergy medication? Or couldn't you just take the ...

Is it possible to order a trial pair of contact lenses by just mailing my perscription?
and not having to go through my doctor to get them?

what contact companys do that? and I have a ...

16 year old with 20/30 vision... do i need glasses?
and one eye is slightly more higher than the other(as in the eye itself)...

Andrew Z
Eye contacts???
I have had glasses for the past 7 years and I am considering changing to contact lenses. I have astigmatism in both eyes. I have really bad allergies, but they only act up around the spring time with tree pollen, etc. and my eyes get watery. I also have a bad habit of pulling eyelashes out (i know, its bad, but they get all tangled up sometimes) im trying to stop, anyway, and i think contacts would be a big reason to stop. I also don't like the idea of having to open my eye and put something in. Plus, when i look in the mirror, i consider myself more attractive with no glasses than with glasses on. Should i just go for it and try them? or should i just forget the whole thing and keep glasses?

AzzedineAliaFan
Rating
sure go for it, go to your eye doctor and test out a pair, putting them in can take some getting used to that's for sure and perfecting it to where it takes you no time to pop them in and out warrants patience and skill.

Melissa❤
go for it! it's always good to experience new things. life is full of taking risks. but that is your choice if you want to do it.

marjorweee
Yes! I have astigmatism and VERY bad allergies also, but i still wear contacts. They are very comfortable and there are even kinds for astigmatism. So tyr them for yourself!

»-(¯`v´¯)-» I'm his.
Rating
i say try the contacts. Really, if you like yourself more without glasses then i think that contacts would be the best answer=]

you can get demo contacts just to try them on for a few weeks. and i would recommend the focus dailies. Once you're done using them, you can just throw them out and start with a fresh pair the next day.

so see what you like the best,
and good luck;)

Dan
I don't see any reason why you shouldn't give it a try. I'm 16 and I too just started on contacts less than a month ago.

The important thing is if you intend to use them, you must maintain your cleanliness BEFORE handling them or you can risk getting infections. Other than that, you should be fine.

I was like you when I first started on them - that I don't like putting something into them but once you get used to it, it'll be easy as! It took me a week.

All you need to do is see your optometrist who will put you on a trial (for around a week). He/she will instruct you on how it's done and you can continue with them by ordering more or stop.

Good luck and I hope this helps!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy