Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

What are the sticky things on your eyes when you wake up in the morning?
I remember when I was younger, I used to get a whole lot of these when I woke up but not as frequently anymore. Why?

After using visine and taking a good nap also creates a big crust under ...

Why is a "current" prescription necessary to obtain a new pair of glasses.?
I realize I may need to get checked out for eye diseases and a possible change in prescription strength periodically; however, why shouldn't this be my choice. If the glasses I am wearing get ...

Halos around lights when my contacts are in?
Heys! I have yet another contact question! So I had some trials for a week that I thought were horrable. They were sometimes blurry, there were halos around lights, and they were uncomfortable. I ...

One of my contacts broke....?
And its christmas day. These were my last pair, and im practically blind without them.

What can i do?
Additional Details
i dont know why, last night, when i put the contact ...

Is it true that the eye color, depending on the mood and the person, changes from tone to tone?
I read somewhere that the color of the human eye changes, on some cases, depending on the mood of that person. I'm not saying extreme changes (like from brown to light blue) but the tone does ...

Colored contacts?
I don't need glasses but i want to get blue colored contacts i heard that they are bad for you eyes, are they?

and how much would they be?...

I'm ONLY 13....and my eyes..?
im only 13 and my Rx is around -8.00 (i know, its really high...) If I dont have my glasses, is that like... equivalent to being blind? (i'm not trying to make fun of anyone!!!!!) because i can ...

What does the sign in front of your prescription mean?
When the sign is positive what does it mean?
When the sign is negative what does it mean?...

Contacts instead of glasses?
so i wanna get contacts instead of glasses but i duont know anyhting about them and my friend told me that u have to buy new ones like every 2 weeks and that u can only wear ur glasses for like two ...

My eyes kind of hurt after putting contacts on?
I just put my contacts on and my eyes kind of hurt. WHats wrong? Theyre in the right side up position and theres nothing on them, no lint....

How can you put soft contacts in easier?
whenever i try to put in mine, they turn flat, or go half way in.
and when i do get them in, it takes a real long time..like 30 minutes
ha everyone with soft contacts says they get them in ...

My eye doctor told me that acuvue2 are no good for extended wear becuase they don't allow enough oxygen?
he reccomened acuvue advance (something about the dk value). Is this true or is he just trying to sell a product being that acuvue advance cost more?...

Eye Pain In One Eye - Help.?
For the past two days, I've been getting some pain in my right eye only. Not the left, just the right.

It does not hurt when I look straight ahead. When I look at something to my left ...

Why does squinting our eyes slightly improve visual acuity?

What are these things I see on my eyes?
On each of my eyes, I can see what looks like a hair or piece of string. I see this while looking at a blank wall or similar. They are embedded and not a floater because they move with my eye and ...

Weird question :| Please answer?
Okay so.. I got into an argument with someone.. And was crying.. Then after it had stopped loads of clear liquid dribbled down my throat. :| Can tears do that? No it wasn't snot. It was like ...

AS a person who is extremely nearsighted, how it is possible that my vision has improved over the past 12 mon?
Speaking in general terms here, my vision is approx. 20/2500 uncorrected. My eye doctor said my vision actually improved some this year. In fact, without my corrective lenses, I can see the detail ...

Is there anyone who has really bad eyesight and has to wear contact lenses of power -12 00 or more and?
still passed the sight test for driving is it really far away as i am ...

What is the best brand of soft contact lenses?
I want contacts that won't dry out my eyes! Help please!...

How much do contact lenses cost?
I know it depends on your eyes but about how much are they and for how long. Do you buy a box for both eyes or what. I want ones that will last for about 2 weeks per ...

Summer Oh eight bby! (:
Dry eyes? dont like contacts? details inide.?
I wear contacts but Ive only had them for a few months but never have tried glasses and dont want to. My question is
I dont wear my contacts regularly ( I use acuve oasys) and
they make my eyes uncomfortable because they get to dry
is it my solution or my eyedrops maybe because I use the cheap stuff. Please help! (:

poojaa :)
Rating
i think you should put some eyedrops in.
or atleast take your contacts out and put them in solution.

and maybe try getting a small bottle of the better stuff [i've heard opti-free is good] and see if that helpss.

if all else fails, ask your optometrist. s/he can probably give you better eye drops and such;;

PURU
Rating
bay be you have dry eye
go for a rewetting drop over the lens

raininduckies
it's probably not a problem using the cheap stuff. but i used to have problems with contacts making my eyes dry and i use what you use and they are much better... maybe you should ask your eye doctor. it could be the way the contacts fit your eyes that make them do that (that was my problem). good luck! i know it's awful... but by the way, glasses aren't such a bad thing to have. if you have bad eyesight you should wear something that helps or it will only get worse!

Nah Z
Rating
First: warm compresses, warm compresses, warm compresses. Take OUT your contacts every night, and if needed, do this before you put them in in the morning.. take a clean tee shirt that hasn't been worn (you can buy the baggied undershirts, they work well for this) and put it into a never-used-to-cook-anything pot of warm/hot but not boiling water, ring it, and put it on your eyelids. Keep doing so until you get a good ten minutes of wear time. Then, use a finger to pull your upper eyelid on one side AWAY from your nose towards your shoulder, ie, form 'almond shaped' eyes, and use the other finger to rub RIGHT against where your eyelashes grow in. Do so on the bottom lid, and then do the other eye. This is a 10 minute step that can genuinely make a huge difference in how good your eyes feel- but give it a few weeks!

Other options, which require a return to your doctors, include switching to a prescription drop that's contact-friendly (freshkote), and/or using punctal plugs, which help preserve tears. If warm compresses and the use of quality eye drops (I suggest refresh in single-use preservative free vials) isn't enough, I seriously suggest the above methods. It's worth a visit to the dr to get more wear time from your contacts.

dpcwam
Many of the solutions on the market are not compatible with the silicon hydrogel lenses such as the Oasys. None of the generics should be used. You should make sure the solution says it's for use with silicon hydrogel lenses, i.e., Optifree. If the problem still occurs, you need to talk to your doctor.....

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, July 28, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy