Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

I am having trouble reading small print. Should I go and see an optimist? ?

Just recently I've been having a very "Twitchy" left eye - should I be worried?
I think it is the nerve in corner of my eye and I know it probably doesn't look like much but from where I am I feel as though I'm involuntary winking at people!!

Is it stress ...

Have you ever had your eyes tested?
i did today, new glasses ordered....

The screw on my eyeglasses came out...(ultra tiny screw) anyone know of a tool small enough to screw it in?

I want contacts, but my eyes just wont let me get near my eye, is there anything I can do that will make them.

Can you wear contacts if you don't need them?
Can you wear contacts with perfect vision to change your eye color, or are there side effects to it?
Additional Details
1) I haven't bought them yet, so how can I take them out :)<...

Daughter has got conjuctivitous, eyes are really puffy & dark, should i stop using eye drops & consult doctor?
My daughter is 2 years old
She has had conjuctivitous before but it is really bad this time
her eyes are really puffy and it looks like she has got two black eyes
Will the eye drops ...

Which colored contacts should i get?
i want to get colored contacts
im asian, i wear a lot of eyeliner
i have really really dark brown hair,
almost black

i have really dark brown eyes
and i want colored ...

My son's eye?
my sons eye is really goopy and green boogers are coming out of it and his eye lid is all red. What should I do to make it better?? His doctor office is ...

How to ask my mom about glasses?
I think I need to get a REAL eye doctor to check my eyes because my docter said that my eye were "good enough" they were 40/20
how/what should I say to get my mom to bring me to the ...

I know this is a weird question? But can you zoom in on something with your eyes? Like a camera.?

What is a lazy eye ??
I have a lazy eye (left eye) and i dont know what a lazy eye is, I wear glasses but not all the time....

OK--now I am officially OLD.......?
I just got a prescription for new glasses, and I had to order bi-focals. For any of you out there who have had to start using them, how long did it take you to get used to them? I know what the ...

What is the strangest, most beautiful TRUE eye color you have ever seen?
I have heard of people having violet eyes, but it is very rare. Also, I saw this man on TV that had eyes so pale they looked mint green. I'd love to see some pictures of anyone's eyes if ...

My 8 year old wants contacts. Is it ok for her to get them?
She is very responsible but hates her glasses. I think she would take care of them if she had them but is that to young? Do contacts have any bad effects on a child's developing eyes?...

Is there any way to change eye color?
DO NOT SAY CONTACTS.
i have hazel eyes, i wear turquoise contacts now
but if you get up close, you can still tell
i saw someone post something about this iris thing,
and about ...

Dry Eyes, Blinks Alot.. Is this bad?
My husband has this problem. He blinks alot and it looks as if he's twitching but he really isn't because he tells me its just that they become extremely dry. Its just sometimes that he ...

Are contacts lends bad for your eyes?
can you go blind with them in? can they get lost in your eyes?
please tell me everything you know about ...

Contact lost behind my eye?
ok so about 3 days ago i was rushing to school and i just popped my contacts in my eyes but when i left the house i saw that one of my contacts wasn't in my eye. i didn't think anything of ...

Can you be farsighted and nearsighted at the same time?
I heard that if you are farsighted and you wear glasses for nearsightedness, your vision gets better. Is that true or can I ruin my eyes more and become both nearsighted AND farsighted?
A...

Ginny Jin
Do you frequently lose your glasses when you take them off?
It drives me nuts especially at night and I can't see to find them. Is there any solution apart from wearing them on a chain?
Additional Details
Sian - I'm not that bright.

Richy the wise guy
Rating
That would be a bit difficult as i don't wear glasses.

big_ynz
no coz i wear them all the time

richard b
Rating
Find me someone who wears glasses who says s/he doesn't misplace them and I'll show you a fibber! It happens to all of us who only wear them for (say) reading and take them off when not needed. What's the answer? There ain't one - other than the "chain" or other attachment from the arms of the specs round your neck. I keep my second pair (BOGOF at Boots') in my bedside cabinet so at least I can read in bed! My real problem is when I'm at work (supply teaching) and I put them down goodness knows where and then have to mark a book!

~Cheta K.~
Rating
Honey, i haven't seen my glasses in about 3 months. I must have misplaced them somewhere or my kid got a hold to them and has them mixed in with his toys somewhere. I wish i could find them cuz my contacts are started to bother me and i have nothing to fall back on. Maybe Santa will bring me a new pair.

Lil d
Rating
yea!!!
But know I learned that when i take them off if I put them right in my pocket I will lose them loss.

Grace
I'm always doing this. I hope you get a good answer to this then i can do follow their recommendation.

TROLL
Rating
I've got 5 pairs to prevent this, 1 good pair and 4 cheap ones of the same prescription.
As sod's law says, since I bought the 4 spare pairs 3 weeks ago I haven't lost mine once.

steffi
Rating
Oh yes, I do this. My glasses are for distance/driving, and I can't see to read in them. I fling them off in a rush, and later can't remember where. I can't see to look for them either. I keep several pairs on hand, and enlist hubby's help. I do try to remember to put them in my bag.

abcaeiou2007
I don't frequently lose my glasses when I take them off. I have a spare pair just in case I break my glasses or lose them.

I'm not sure if you'll agree with my suggestion but here goes...
I usually place them away in my glasses case before going to bed and then I put it on my beside table.

I also keep a torch on my beside table just in case I have to look for anything in the dark.

I hope this helps with your problem. My apologies for any mistakes.

kn_chmbrs
Wearing chains can be good fun but only if you trust the person you are with.

May be easier to start with those padded handcuffs and work your way up to chains

ann b
I try to keep them in my handbag but I'm afraid I often just put them down and forget.

piano_princess14
Rating
yep im always loosing em. just remember this: keep em on yr face or in the case! of course then u hav to remember where u put the case...

Adze
Rating
No but i`v just dropped mine on a hard floor and broke the sodding things and i am now waiting for super glue to dry.
True.

Hex the Fundies (JPAA)
Nope. It only ever happens if somebody else moves them. I only ever put them down in one of 3 places. Train yourself to do that. Anybody would think this was hard. I have no patience with people who can't "put things away", I'm afraid.

mandie
Rating
I use mine for reading only and I lose them nearly every day.I tell myself that I must find a place to keep them but just end up putting them down anywhere and it drives me nuts.I cannot think of a solution so await others answers for ideas.

Pete The GRADUATED Cylinder...
Rating
Not really. I put them in the same place every time.

bumpbump
Yes, I used to up until a couple of weeks ago. It used to drive me bloody crackers.

Make sure they are the last thing you take off at night placing them next to you as you sleep then when you wake they are there for you to pop back on again.

Taking them on and off in-between - leave them on your head.
Merry Christmas...xxx

sian xxx
Rating
well i dont wear glasses but if you put them in the same place every time then i suppose you cany lose them can ya lol

colleen
UMMMM
i advise you to keep them on
or install and alamed system in them

Wombat
Rating
Very rarely... mainly because I wear them all the time. When I take them off before bed, I either leave them in the bathroom or on the bedside table. If I'm camping, I stick them in my shoe or boot along with my watch.

If you only need them for reading, there's places on the internet that sell very cheap glasses, and they aren't that bad. For as little as $9 a pair you can afford to leave a couple in every room of the house.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy