Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

What color are my eyes?????????????????????...
i think that they are blue but people tell me they look more green??? i don't know but there is a yellowish color in them too..what color do you think they are???

http://i212....

On my contact lens casing there are several numbers (BC, DIA) what do they mean?
I believe the negative number has to do with the strength of the prescription (although I wouldn't know what a high/low number would be) but the others?
Additional Details
I use A...

Have you ever met a guy ?
that looks exactly like someone else, someone very very ugly?

It's almost like an optical illusion?...

When i take out my contacts i feal like there is something stuck in my eye, but it goes away after30mins?
its been going on the past two nights. any1 know what it is?...

Have you had laser eye surgery? What's it like?
Did it hurt?

If you *haven't* had laser eye surgery but you wear glasses- is there a reason why you haven't had it done?...

What could be causing my eyes to itch so much?
My eyes really itchy yesturday and they are still quite itchy today and I noticed that the that red spot or whatever you call it in the corner of you eye close to you nose looks different. Almost ...

Squinting???
Before I got my contacts I used to squint to see stuff, I have had contacts for a year now but every now-an-then I catch myself squinting..anyway to stop this?...

Going blind... Please read... help?
My little sister (11) is going blind in one eye and refuses to do her eyes exercises and wear her glasses. I try hard to make her do it and she refuses. Is there any websites or good fun eye ...

Can i wear disposable monthly contact lenses longer than a month?
hi i started wearing contact lenses, but find they dry out in my eyes, i've tried new lenses and eye drops which haven't really worked , so now i just wear my lenses for special occasion, ...

Why do people rub their eyes soon after they take off their glasses?
I do it, and I don't know why. . ....

How long should my eyes stay dilated after a visit with an eye doctor?
My eye doctor used maybe three different eye drops to dilate my eyes. My appointment was nearly 8 hours ago, and my eyes are still dilated....

When does an eye doctor dilate your eyes and does he always do it for everyone?
Question pretty much sums it up, ...

Eye floaters: How old were you when you first noticed them?

Additional Details
I'm 28 and just got 1 or 2 new ones although I think I've had them before....

Contact Lenses?
So I'll be getting contacts tomorrow and I'm kinda scared cuz I've heard u can get all sorts of infections or it can rip or roll to the back of the eye. Also I heard they sting and ...

How can I keep my eyes moisturized without having eye drops?
My eyes always feel dry, and I can only get moisture when I yawn. But I have to stay up all night, and go to school in a couple hours, what are ways I can keep my eyes moisturized without having eye ...

Help !this is wierd about my eyes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
Well im a kid (boy) that is 12 years old and i us to wear glasses but somone stoll them and my mom is going to get me contacts but i havent worn glasses and my eyes have really been bothering me they ...

Does crying make smaller eyes?
just curious......

What is the differance in being legally blind and blind?

Is 15 to early to have lasic eye surgery?

Eye problems...?
my eye has been acting up for like a month and a half now
at first when i saw the eye doctor he gave me dry-eye like treatment
i went back and then he figured i mite be allergic to my ...

Yes We Can
Do they sell distance glasses at the drugstore?
I know they sell reading glasses at the drugstore, but I was wondering if they sell any for distance. I don't have the money to go to the eye doctor and a prescription filled, but I have so much trouble driving, especially at night.

ethx1138
Rating
No they do not. All the ones you see at the drug store, walmart, or wherever have a "+" in front of a number. This pretty much means that they are for reading, or, someone that can already see distances (farsighted). They can do that because it isnt required by law to have a RX for readers. The ones that let you see at a distance have a "--" in front of the number. If you can get your eyes checked somewhere, you can get glasses pretty cheap online. Heres a good one : http://www.39dollarglasses.com/
Anyway, hope I helped and answered what you was looking for....

poolplayer
Rating
Sorry, no glasses for the near-sighted at the drug store. There are too many variables involved to make it worthwhile.
Do some detective work, and you can probably find some assistance in getting the eye exam and prescription eye wear.
If you are having as much difficulty with driving as you say, it would be a very good idea to concentrate on a solution before someone gets hurt.

HIghlandmom
Rating
Drug stores do not sell ready made distance glasses. The cheapest way to go is to try a deeply discounted eyeglass shop. Good Luck!

Wombat
They do sell them off the rack in some far eastern countries. And you can buy swimming goggles with minus prescriptions though not at the drugstore; maybe off the shelf at some very big sporting goods retailers.

It's not a completely crazy idea, actually. Most near-sighted people have low to moderate prescriptions, a small amount of astigmatism, and reasonably similar eye spacing (pupillary distance). 0.25 diopter isn't a big error, so a range of glasses starting at about -1 and going up by 0.5 a diopter to around -4 would work for many people.

If you want appallingly cheap glasses without a prescription, you can order them online starting at 8 or 9 dollars. Quality is surprisingly good, thanks to 3rd world optical labs and low overhead. The frames are no worse than the no-name ones I see in local opticians priced at $20 to $150.

webigail1
no, if you are near sighted you need to get a prescription. sometimes if you go to the county health clinic they will test your vision for free, or if you go to school or college, ask to get your eyes tested.

yagman
Yes --- and ---- No. Drugstore glasses can only have magnification in them. Magnification means that the lenses will have a PLUS power so as to help the individual read. BUT, if you happen to be significantly farsighted then your distance prescription will be a PLUS power. SOOOO, let's say your distance prescription is farsighted with a power of +2.75 in each eye. Then you would indeed be able to wear a +2.75 magnifier from a drugstore which would allow you to see clearly at distance. It would not be possible to do this if you are near sighted though. That is because nearsighted prescriptions are in MINUS power.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, November 26, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy