Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

My friends say that I look better without my glasses on...?
My friends say that I look ALOT better without my glasses on, so I went to costco to try on contacts. I just couldn't get close to my eye without me freaking out. Is there anything I can do to ...

Is this eye prescription high?
20/150 for the right eye & 20/175 for the left. I also want to ask why some eyeglass lenses are thicker at the sides than at the middle, and some are just flat or have the same thickness at all ...

A question regarding continuous wear contact lenses?
I have been wearing continuous wear lenses for a couple of years now, and have always been told that as long as they are changed every 30 days that they are ok to leave in all the time, I have also ...

Whats with the things in your eyes in the morning?
Yeh ya know when you wake up in the morning and at the bottem corners of your eyes theres that stuff.What it is and please dont answer eye boogers.......

Bright spot when i blink??!?
i havebeen getting a tiny bright spot in my eye every time i blink
(it happens every now and then)
its the same as you get after someone has taken a pic of you aith a flash cam!!
can�...

Opthalmologist or optometrist?
if i just need a routine eye exam and i haven't had my eyes check in about 2-3 years, which one do i go to? would it really matter?
Additional Details
forgot to add...a few years ...

Lasik surgery?
I was considering getting lasik surgery, i was wondering does anybody know the price? or does a medical card cover the expenses?...

Contact lens issues - do i really have to live with this?
Well, i've tried a good few lenses, and none have been brilliant - i've settled for a rare pair of bausch and lomb ones, given the advice that if they're not that bad, i should just ...

New glasses tip?
Just got glasses yesterday and never realized how bad my vision was till I put them on. It's amazing!!! Anyway, will I have to worry about little spots getting irritated for a while or does ...

Can you wear contacts in the shower?
Can you wear contacts in the shower? I always feel its hard to wash my face well with them on. Do they fall out often? Or is it usually safe. I just got contacts a few weeks ago, so will I get more ...

How can you improve your eye vision? I don't have glasses yet, but I believe I do. My vision is not terrible
but bad enough that I can't see very well. Are there any exercises? And, please don't answer CARROTS...

Getting contacts fitted.?
If I purchased my lenses online and they are too big, can an optometrist "shrink" the contact so that I can see better through them? They are "planos" (no prescription.)
Or ...

Contact Lenses?
I have severe astigmatism, and have been wearing glasses for almost 10 years now. I have been considering contact lenses. However, cost is also an issue. How much would a year's supply of lenses ...

Why is my right eyelid lower then my left?
could my lazy eye have something to do with it?
Additional Details
i dont smoke ...

Is this too long to wear contacts?
I wear contacts about 17 hours a day. I have frequency 55 aspheric lenses. I am going to they eye doctor this week and I was wondering if he would be able to tell how much I wear them. I wear them ...

What is the most rare eye color at the moment?

What is the average price for prescription contact lenses?

VERY DESPERATE & FRUSTRATED - trouble putting contact lens on!?
This is the 2nd time I spent over $100 out-of-packet money to buy and try a pair of contact lens. The 1st time and this time is the same. I CANNOT put my conntact lens on by myself no matter how hard ...

It is true glasses r bad for ur eyes and....?
somethin called "eye yoga" can improve ur vision??
has any1 eva done this?
did it work for ya?...

A few questions about color contacts?
ok
1) do they come in unique colors like red, blind looking, purple etc.?

2) ive heard rumors about them making you go blind. is this true?

3) how old do you have to be to ...

jose c
Do color contacts need a prescription?
i want to buy colored contacts, but i want to know if their is any risk if i buy them in a corner store where they sell clothes.

Jessamine
Be safe and legit. I would go to the optometrist and get a contact eye exam anyway. It doesn't hurt to have your eyes checked out. And, often they will teach you how to care for contacts and how to put them in your eyes. It can be hard work at first!

When it comes eyes, I would take this seriously. They will help you out. And yes, you can get colored contacts just for cosmetic purposes.

midnightmoon62
Rating
You can buy them where ever you want, but you need an rx if you are in the US. You need to have the rx for the eye measurements so that your lenses fit your eyes correctly. You can go blind if wearing lenses that dont fit.

Call your eye doc, tell them you want a fitting only with no power for colored contacts. It will cost around 50 give or take

volone
Rating
Yes! Color contacts need a prescription just like any regular kind of contact lenses. Every contact comes with a base curve that specifically fits your eye. A doctor has to measure your eyes and evaluate them in order to prescribe a specific size AND brand.

J Stang
Yes, there is a huge risk in buying contacts in that manner. You do need a prescription to purchase contacts legally. Contacts are considered medical devices, regardless of whether you do or don't need vision correction. Places that sell them to people without a scrip are doing so illegally, and potentially putting people at risk for serious eye problems.

An eye doctor needs to give you the normal eye exam, to verify whether or not you need vision correction, and he/she also needs to measure your pupils. That is very important when it comes to contacts. Not everyone has the same pupil size; there is no "one size fits all" in contacts. If you get contacts that aren't fitted for your eyes, it can cause anything from eye infections, to discomfort, and in some serious cases even blindness. Also, with the colored contacts, if the contact doesn't fit you properly, the colored part of the contact won't line up properly with the colored part of your eye (the iris), and it will look very fake and unnatural.

I wear colored contacts only for color enhancement; I don't need any vision correction yet. I went and had the exam and contact fitting, and got my scrip. It only cost me $91 at a Wal-Mart Vision Center, and that was without having vision insurance. It included the exam/fitting, one trial pair of colored contacts, a starter kit with contact case and a small trial bottle of solution, and my scrip so I can order from anywhere online or at an eye doctor's office.

It's really worth it to do this the safe way. We only get one pair of eyes to last us our whole lives, so it's best to take care of them as much as you can, and not take risks with your vision.

eee
play safe. visit a contact lense practitioner to do the lens fitting on you eyes. because if the lens don't fit well on your eyes, ocmplications such as discomfort and inflammation may occur

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy