Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

What happens when you close your eyes too long while wearing contacts?
I started wearing contacts about a month ago. I know that you're not supposed to sleep with them on, but what really happens? Do they roll into the back of your head? Because that is my biggest ...

What color are your eyes?

At what age did you first need glasses?
Do you like wearing them or do you hate it?
I've needed them for long-sightedness since I was 15, which is 5 years. I don't mind them as mine are really comfy so I forget I've got ...

What eye color do you guys prefer?
Anyone can answer.
Blue-green?
Brow?
Yellow-Green?
Hazel?
Additional Details
mine are blue...with like felcks of yellow and green.what color would you call that?...

Can putting lemon into my eye change color?
well can it.
good answers ...

What is this annoying thing i'm seeing?
Just a couple months, I noticed that sometimes i can see lil thing floating around in my vision. It's very tiny looks like lint but it's not. I'm on the computer a lot so I don't ...

Should I wear my contacts on a airplane??
The flight is 2 hours and 30 min. I know airplanes are dry. I will be flying Jet Blue so does the type of airplane effect the dryness of the air????...

I can't stop blinking my eyes.?
lately, for the past two days, i have been blinking soooo much. Like twice every second. Literally. It feels my eyes are cold, and there is constant blowing. Like its the feeling when you stick your ...

What's This Thing In My Eye?
I get this on and off, just these clear little gelly like things that float through my eye. They don't hurt or anything, I just can't see through them. They move too, I can get them out ...

Favourite Eye Colour?
Whats ur fave eye colour my eyes are a dark hazel green & i luv Bright blue eyes

So whats ur fave eye colour?...

Why is there more than one type of colour for eyes?

I see streaks of white light in my left eye?
kk wel this is like the 6 time happening in 1 year. i was at school (im 13) and all of the sudden i see little white moving lights in my left eye (its like a sawrm of insects) but it goes away in ...

Can i get lasik eye surgery if im 12 about 2 b 13?
i will b 13 on september 5th....

Glasses vs contacts?
I have astigmatism and slight nearsightdness. I have both glasses and contacts, but was wondering why I see better through my glasses. With my contacts, it sometimes is blurry especially up close, ...

Do you wear glasses?

Glasses or contacs?
which is more expensive: prescription glasses or ...

Putting contacts in my eyes?
just tried contacts and the opticians was quite impatient making comments about how i was the third person in his 10yr career who couldn't do it straightaway, obviously this made me feel worse,i ...

I want galsses but my eyes are fine. What should I get perscuption for?
My eyes are fine, I just look good in glasses. I want to were them. I need to know what to ask for. Like the linse. I want ones that dont really make a diferance.

sorry for the mis ...

My dad has been having really bad eye redness in both eyes and they are both very puffy?
he hasnt been to the doctors yet, what could this be?...

What am I seeing?
When I blink, alot of the time I will se black dots and sometimes I see these like, see-through wormlike things, They look like worms and some are ssquiggly and have light lines in them. What in the ...

jessycool101
Contacts or glasses?
what do you think, my mom thinks im too young to wear contacts!

ps: im 15

ana banana
Rating
it matters. do u need to wear glasses for everything? bc if u just need to for i dunno, lets say reading. i would just use glasses. just get a really hot pair!

i_luv_eye.liner
try contacts then classes and get witch everone you want once youve tried hem both =)

.:Ich.Bin.Eine.Engel:.
Rating
Get a pair of both. You'll need them . But if you want to wear one more often, wear the contacts. It's more common with people of that age group and probably less troubling.

polkadotheart
contacts are wayyy better. and they arent even that expensive you can get a 5 months supply for only like $100

Dave
Rating
You'll learn to hate them if you get them

┼Emily H.┼
Rating
noooooo im 13 and i wear contacts ALL the time. they are better for sports and hanging out.WAY beter than glasses.
hope i helped!:)))

Amber[Attack]!
Rating
im 15 and i have both
some people actually look better with glasses so bring your friends along
but if you dont mind ALMOST(the contact is in between your finger and your eye) sticking your fingers in your eye then get contacts

bershnark
contacts are much better, because they show you what you really look like, and then you dont have plastic or metal sitting on your face all day, you dont get called four eyes, and you glasses takes some getting used to. also, sometimes glasses are considered ugly. but, contacts arent that good also. you have to clean them for a long time, you cant rub you eyes, you can get germs and bacteria in your eyes when you put them in , and contacts are more expensive. i hope this helps!

~*Kirsten*~
no thats not a young age at all im 14 and i think im going to get them soon i know some one who got contacts at age 12

VegasPapi
15 is a cool age to wear contacts.

mandyquinn20
Rating
depends on you...i would say get both. get glasses because they are always safe...whats good is that u can get a pair that suits u.

and get contacts for whenever.. or everyday use. because things can happen to contacts..like go down the drain.. or rip...expire befor u even use them... so get both

Asiaa E.
I started wearing contacts at 12 and Im 13...

Margaret D
15 is fine to wear contacts! I got mine when i was 12! Just ahve your mom talk to the eye doctor. he will tell her that that is an ok age for contacts. BEsides, with contacts it (to me) is actually easier to see than glassses. you dont have to deal with them slipping down, or smudges.

W00tbeer1
Rating
I'm 13 and wearing glasses (i'm nearsighted). I have seen people having to clean out their contacts a lot, only use it if you have to wear glasses all the time.

jessi
i think watever u want!! i wear contacts! i got them last yr. im 16!!

pantiquay
Rating
glasses, listen to mom.

RN
Rating
I was 12 when I got contacts. As long as you are responsible enough to take care of them why not?

sweetie_baby
Rating
Got my first pair of contacts at 15. Im 29 now, and I love them and have worn contacts ever since.

PS, you'll have to listen to your Mom on this, but my Opinion is 15 is fine.

gamerchix
Rating
I don't think your 2 young but maybe your mom thinks u will not take care of the contacts they are a lot of work.
The good benefits you do not have to wear glasses anymore.
The down side (which have happened to other people) contacts have cut her cornea. Someone else got a eye infection b/c they did not properly clean her contacts. I personally got very serious headaches from them (& I went through 5 different kinds of contact lens) now I just settle for glasses and choose the smallest ones in a basic classic color and style.
You have to seriously ask yourself r u ready for the responsible of contact lens?

AFRET73
Rating
You aren't too young for contacts. However, you may not like them or be able to wear them. The eye doctor should be able to give you a set with the stipulation that you get your money back if you can't wear them.

karmaa
Rating
My cousin is 12 and wears contacts.
I don't see any reason why someone would be "too young" to wear contacts.

Anyway, it really has to do with your level of activity. If you play a sport or something that would make it difficult to keep glasses on, then you should go for contacts.

Otherwise, you could stick with glasses. It's really up to what you like. It's always to have a pair of glasses as a spare, just in case, though.

Good luck.
x

jnnixon1
Rating
I think 15 is fine to wear contacts, I started wearing contacts when I was 13. It isn't hard to wear, you will get used to them just like like anything new someone gets. I have both now. I have glasses to give my eyes a rest or whenever my eyes are bothering me. I think that you will enjoy the contacts you will not feel them on your eyes. Tell your mom to let you try them out. Having glasses sometimes has it's Pros and Cons. One con is when it is cold outside the glasses fog up and sometimes they can leave marks on your nose from the pads.

hondalove_TRAVIS
not to young, im 16 and had mine since i was 14. put i suggest you get the ones you can sleep in because alot of teens lack the responsibility to remember to take them out everynight.

jenabel
You are old enough, but keep this in mind: I was 15 when I started wearing contacts and I was fine, but I wore them too much and for too many hours a day and now I can only wear them for 3 or 4 hours and I'm only 23.

joselyn i
Rating
i think you should use glasses because if you choose contacts one day you might not able to take them off. they might be stuck. unlike glasse you can take them whenever you want. i know you may want contacts but you can a serious accident if its stuck.

rivardau
Rating
no 15 is not too young for contacts. i started wearing glasses in 3rd grade, and got my first contacts in 7th grade. other people in my class also were getting contacts in 7th and 8th grades.
yes you need to take care with them, but it is not THAT hard. you definitely need to keep your hands clean when handling the lenses, keep lenses clean, and dont overwear them. but this is basic hygiene stuff, you dont want bacteria issues in your eyes, nor do you want blisters/ulcers or scratches on your eyeballs, so dont overwear them, dont put in damaged lenses, etc. AND always keep any sink drain covered so that they dont go down the drain!!!but this is basic stuff, not rocket science.
your eye doctor and staff will tell you all these things - simply listen to them and get yearly checkups.
oh, and you'll still need to keep glasses around if you have contacts, its not either/or situation. glasses you wear in the evenings when you are at home ready for bed, or if one of your lenses gets lost/damaged, and for the occasional day off from contacts.
--- there are 4 basic types of lenses: hard, soft, and gas perms, and disposables. i started off with hard lenses for about 10 yrs then started having some trouble w blistering my eyeballs, had to switch to soft lenses for about 4-5 yrs to give my eyes healing time, and then started using gas-permeables to this day (about 15 yrs now). personally i liked hard lenses, hated soft lenses, and i absolutely love the gas-perms lenses!!!!
soft lenses need the most care and are easily damaged; gas-perms are very very easy to care for and are rigid so they last a long time (2-3 yrs), and allow oxygen to pass thru the lenses to your eyeballs so that you can wear them longer w no damage to your eye. even tho' gas-perms are rigid, i find them very comfortable and never have problems with them. but you need about a 2 week wearing schedule to get use to them, but hey, 2 wks is nothing when you are looking at a lifetime of wearing lenses.
there are also some health reasons to actually get gas-perms lenses, have your eye doctor talk to mumsy about it. better vision, periphial vision (which you can not get with glasses), oxygenation of eyeball, eyeball will conform to shape of RIGID lenses (not soft and obviously not to glasses) to reduce (not eliminate) the speed of vision loss, active life/sports wont break your glasses, possible social stigma of glasses if school kids are cruel or mean.
get the lenses and a cool pair of thin-frame glasses!

abby_graber
Rating
nope, lol. it doesnt matter how old or how young, used to wear them and im 13, but they hurt my eyes cause there sesitive so i wear glasses there easy to just slip on =]

tetlitea
Honestly both. If your mom says no then I guess you're going to have to wait until you're old enough to buy your own.

Everyone I know who wears contacts sometimes wears their glasses, mostly to give their eyes a break.

luv2bfit
Rating
On the surface, I would say you're not too young. However, your mom knows you a lot better than I do. She may have reasons that I'm not aware of.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy