Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

Sleeping in contact's ?!?
okay well , im staying the night at my friend kendra's house tonight and i forgot all the things for my contact's .
so what can happen if i sleep in them or what can i do ?

Is it true that to produce a blue eyed baby both parents have to have blue eyes?
i am blue eyed like my dad but my mum and sister are green? it has been playing on my mind for a while now.
Additional Details
peter o - lol bless ...

Do you frequently lose your glasses when you take them off?
It drives me nuts especially at night and I can't see to find them. Is there any solution apart from wearing them on a chain?
Additional Details
Sian - I'm not that bright....

Do you wear eye glasses, would you allow a doctor to take a knife to your eyes, Laysic surgery?
I need glasses, but I don't think I would take a risk of someone taking a knife to my eyes....

Is it true that if you keep your eyes open when you sneeze?
your eyeballs will pop out of your head?...

Are my eyes crossed...or do I have a lazy eye? Lol....pic included. ?
When I was a baby I had crossed eyes. I'm pretty sure I grew out of it, but how would I know? Please let me know if it looks like my eyes are doin' something funky. Thanks. Lol.

What does it mean if I see floaters at the relatively young age of 22?
Its not very common, but usually when I get done doing something like playing sports and getting out of breath I see little black floaters. It also happens when I'm not playing sports if I'...

Color contacts?
ok im getting contacts but i dont know which color to get! any ideas?
this is me
http://s197.photobucket....

Eye Question?
If you can't see from far away does that mean you are 'Near-Sighted' or 'Far-Sighted' I get so confused with that!...

My eye wont stop Twitching?
My right eye has been twitching all day today! I cannot take it anymore....what can I do??...

Can you take a eye out and put in someone elses eye.?
can they do a opertion on your eye and put in someone eles eye....

Is there a difference between prescription & non prescription reading glasses?
for instance can cheap reading glasses harm ...

Can I wear contacts?
I'm getting an eye exam tomorrow at WalMart. I already KNOW my vision is 20/40 or 20/50, so my mom will probably make me get glasses. I don't see anything "blurry," per se, I just ...

I am having trouble reading small print. Should I go and see an optimist? ?

Just recently I've been having a very "Twitchy" left eye - should I be worried?
I think it is the nerve in corner of my eye and I know it probably doesn't look like much but from where I am I feel as though I'm involuntary winking at people!!

Is it stress ...

Have you ever had your eyes tested?
i did today, new glasses ordered....

The screw on my eyeglasses came out...(ultra tiny screw) anyone know of a tool small enough to screw it in?

I want contacts, but my eyes just wont let me get near my eye, is there anything I can do that will make them.

Can you wear contacts if you don't need them?
Can you wear contacts with perfect vision to change your eye color, or are there side effects to it?
Additional Details
1) I haven't bought them yet, so how can I take them out :)<...

Daughter has got conjuctivitous, eyes are really puffy & dark, should i stop using eye drops & consult doctor?
My daughter is 2 years old
She has had conjuctivitous before but it is really bad this time
her eyes are really puffy and it looks like she has got two black eyes
Will the eye drops ...

mparis9016
Contacts lenses, do you ever get use to them?

little miss me!=)
Rating
yeah i got them a couple days ago
you might have them inside out get them out right away turn them the other way them put them back in
if it's not better see your eye doctor or the place you got them from

if that is about what your talking about then,
give it a few week b4 going in=)

kati2319
Rating
Of course .. the only time you'll feel them is if they are on inside out ( they won't sit on your eye properly and when you blink it will slide out of place ) or if they are dirty or something gets in your eyes.

L Dumbledore
Yes! Trust me, when I first got them, it was soooo hard to get them in and out.

But if they hurt, when they're in, take them out and clean them. If you're POSITIVE they're clean (you cleaned them, your hands are clean, etc.) you should talk to your eye doctor, because they shouldn't hurt.

But if you're talking about getting them in/out, you'll get used to it.

Good luck! :)

Maxine
Yes. You don't know they're there unless you have them on inside-out.

Yummy♥Mummy
Rating
I have been wearing them for about 15 years and I wouldn't trade them in for anything. The times I've lost them I would go out blind as a bat versus wearing glasses out in public even to take out the garbage-I was extremely teased in high school for wearing glasses, I'm not vain, just scarred.

Ali I
Rating
yes ever fast

!¡! Vick !¡!
yes it took me like 10 min, to get used to them, they are so comfortable

spotty
yep u do.they may be a lil annoyin at beginning but u get used to them ova time.lol! u dnt even know if ure wearin em like for me.i start wearin my glasses over them juss to realize i hav contacts on!!
and if u wear em for a verrrrrry long period of time ive noticed that they become dry, i mean the lenses,...i dunno abt others but it happens to me.

Aberforth
Rating
Yes, it does take time though. The hardest part for me to get used to was putting them in my eyes. Also, I sometimes fall asleep in them and then they feel like they are glued to my eyes. All in all I think they make my like so much easier. Good luck!

IN WASHINGTON
yes you do get use to them after a week maybe sooner but depends how bad of vision you have i have astimatism in both eyes and i feel comfortable and depends what brand of contacts i went through 4 different brands til i found the right one

tamaskalasz
Yeah... It might take only a few days, but if they are the right ones, you're gonna get used to them..

c44w
Rating
if your contacts bother you should try a different brand.

Taylor B
Rating
Yes. I think one of the things that help you get used to contacts is the solution. I would suggest you to not use a flat case. Talk to your doctor before buying a sulotion. Two of them that I was using have been recalled. Some of them have a chemical in them that burn your eyes really bad.

What Do I Know?
When I first started wearing contacts I got use to them in about a week. My friend on the other hand has a Astigmatism and says she can't get use to it at all and gave up on wearing them. You should go back to your doctor if they aren't comfortable and maybe he/she wills suggest a different brand.

big
Rating
yes. after you put em on it takes like 5 seconds, and you cant even feel them

daydreamer
Rating
Yes. After a couple of days it just becomes a part of your life. It gets easier to put them in and take them out and they don't bother you during the day. Just remember not to sleep in them because they dry out pretty bad. If you continue to have issues with your contact lenses after a week or two contact your eye doctor because you might have a problem.

♥♥Mrs SSG B♥♥
During your first week or so of wearing them you will probably mind them in your eyes, but that does get better for most people the more they wear them. That is why they put you on a wearing schedule for the first week or so - to gradually get your eyes used to having the lenses in. Beyond the first week or so, I'd say most people put them in and forget about them...

Unless you are someone like me who has VERY dry eyes to begin with. I cannot wear contacts. I've tried. My eyes get so dry that the lenses stick to my corneas and its darn near impossible to me to get them out. I've tried every brand, I've tried drops...contacts just aren't for me - and I'm an Optician.

If after that first week, you still feel like you aren't comfortable in your lenses, consult with your eye doctor, as there may be an underlying problem.

<<Jayma>>
Rating
Yeah, you will get used to them. After about a week, you will hardly notice they are there anymore. Some people get used to them very quickly, while others may take more than a week. It's normal! But if you are experiencing pain, I would see your eye doctor.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy