Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

How much contact lens eye exams cost?

DO U GUYS THINK..There going to be a future surgery operation for changing eye color??
There should be..that's what i've heard...so much technology it shouldn't take long.......

What is the term for when an eye needs no correction, like with glasses? It sounds like "pre-neel"?
any help appreciated! thank you!...

Contacts? worth getting?
i have glasses right now but im contimpalting wearing contacts. at first when i asked they said its hard work wear contacts putting them in and out. replacing them every day. my reasons for wanting ...

How to get contacts in your eye and stay there?
I have been trying to get this god D*m contact in my eye for a long time, I can't get in i keep hitting my lashs or it sticks to my finger then after awhile it looks dirty and i have to rinse it ...

What does this mean.........reading my prescription for glasses?
Sphere Cylinder Axis
OD + 0.25 -1.25 180
OS pl -0.75 174...

Is there any way to change our eye ball colour naturally without lenses?

Can you get droopy eyelids from allergies?
i went to the doctor and he gave me some eye drops for allergies cause my eyes itch.the day before i got the droopy eyelid i kept rubbing my eye all day.ive had the droopy eyelid for 6 days.is it ...

What some one thinks of contacts???
i was wondering what any one thought of wearing the contact lenses !! are they really hard to get used too??? how much more expensive are they then glasses??? what if you go to a eye doctor place but ...

Can i take some sunglasses to an eye place and have them put prescription lenses in them instead?
i have some cool dior black tie sunglasses but i want to use them for regular use, can i have them outfitted with rx lenses instead or is this not possible?...

Can you damage your eyes by leaving contact lenses in?
I only take my contacts out every two weeks to change them. I am supposed to take them out every night but I dont. Will this hurt my eyes or effect my vision?...

PLEASE DON'T ASK WHY...wanting to increase glasses strength(farsighted) By +1.00 /+2.00 Any ideas.safe bst way
Have been using my girlfriends glasses for 4-5 days(stronger by rt +1.25/lt +1.00) with no aparent ill effects just slight blurr in distance,but improving.how long should it take to adjust/accept the ...

I want to make it seem like i'm awake...will white out and sharpie hurt my eyes if on my eyelids?
thanks haha
Additional Details
i know i'd look retarded...i know i wouldn't fool anyone, i just wanna do it haha

FACEPAINT. good idea ...

Can you still wear contacts if you have a stye?

My contacts are irritating my eye.. Help!?
First, I've noticed that my contacts can get really dry if a breeze comes or just simply sitting in a room with strong air condition. Is this normal? My friend wears contacts too and he is not ...

I'm farsighted, and I need vision correction, but should I get glasses or contacts?
I'm going to go get either glasses or contacts today, but it's such a big decision, like getting a tattoo. My medical insurance will cover any medical item I purchase, so money is not an ...

I had a load of hay delivered today and now my eyes are sooo itchy. I need relief NOW!! Any suggestions?
I take Zyrtec every night before bed. I have taken two Benadryl tonight, as well as a Claritin on top of the Zyrtec. I've been using eyedrops specifically for allergic eyes all day. I still ...

Eyedrops or medicine to improve eyesight???
Hi mates,

Is there any eyedrops or medicine to improve out eyesight apart from wearing glasses or having laser surgery???...

Should I bother getting glasses with this prescription?
I am 20 years old and I just got my first eye exam ever. Here is my prescription:
OD: Sphere: -0.25 Cylinder: -0.75 Axis: 153
I'm not ...

Will swimming without goggles damage my eyes in the long run? My vision blurs the next day,.?

akfotysvn
Contacts Ripping - Why?
I got trial pairs of my contacts and the right one ripped in about a week - then when i got a new one it ripped the next day - why is this happening - its really annoying

(:
you're prolly too rough with it
gently wash ur contacts

Aleesh
Try using rewetting drops and OTC drops for dry eyes (only when contacts are NOT in!). I have found that my contacts tend to rip when my eyes and contacts themselves are dry. Using those drops may help. You can also ask your eye doctor for a prescription for eye drops. He or she can also give you a 'wetter' brand of contacts, which retain more moisture in both your eyes and contacts themselves. I have found the best brand of contacts to be Acuvue Oasys with Hydraclear Plus. I would suggest bringing this up with your eye doctor, as he or she can give you the best advice, and tweak your contacts to best fit you lifestyle and your eyes.

Hope this helps! :)

Bindy
If you are a new wearer, the most likely explanation is that you are yet to perfect your handling. Most people rip them trying to get them out, because they pinch too hard. Or they may rip them when they clean them, as they rub too hard.

If you have worn other contact lenses before, this trial pair may be of a softer material (such as used for contact lens wearers with dry eye eg Proclear Biocompatibles), and you just have to get used to handling them a bit more gently.

CH3RY1
Rating
Did they rip on their own? Maybe your being to agressive with your contacts, you should handle them somewhat carefully because they're thin. Look on the box- how long are you supposed to keep them in? They could be daily contacts

Gezz S
ur taking then out the wrong way .. you have to be more carefull it takes some getting used to

Hmmmm....?
Rating
Hi

If they are ripping when you are removing them from your eye, try using an eye drop for contact lens wearers just before taking them out. The eye drop will wet the eye and the lens and there is then less chance of it ripping due to being dry. If they are ripping whilst cleaning, try to ensure that your nails are not catching the lens and, if cleaning them on the palm of your hand, keep it really flat as otherwise the lens can crumple in the creases on your palm and rip. If it is already ripped when you take it out of the storage case in the morning, check that you are putting it in the case centrally so that it is clear of the lid when it is put back on as the lens can sometimes get caught and tear this way. If all else fails, return to your optician as they will need to recommend a different lens. Don't worry, some lenses are more flimsy than other!

Hope this helps! x

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 31, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy