Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

Laser eye surgery?????
i want to have this done but i dont know any effects or anything...got any ...

How long is an eye glass perscription good for?

Allergies and contacts- Medication? Eye drops?
I'm going to get contacts, but I have allergies. I've heard it won't work for people with allergies, but how about with daily allergy medication? Or couldn't you just take the ...

Is it possible to order a trial pair of contact lenses by just mailing my perscription?
and not having to go through my doctor to get them?

what contact companys do that? and I have a ...

16 year old with 20/30 vision... do i need glasses?
and one eye is slightly more higher than the other(as in the eye itself)...

Out of contact solution?
Should I just sleep with my contacts in or put them in water?
They are soft lenses (2-4week disposables)
Additional Details
I can't drive, I just took lunesta....

If i put my contacts and eyeliner on when i have an eye infection do u think it will get worst?
ok so i went 2 the docs and he said i had an eye infection due 2 my makeup! that was yesterday!! can i wear my contacts now its been a day my eye is not red anymore its normal!! can i wear a new pack ...

Glasses or contacts?
I'm near-sighted and I have been using glasses for almost two years and I still feel very uncomfortable with them.

My optician told me that I should wear them all the time, but since I...

Okay, stupid eye twitching!!?
Omfg, okay my right eye has been twitching ALL day long and its driving me nuts!! is there something wrong with me, why is it doing this?? i was like, WTF, im mental, lol....

Problems- Lasik Eye Surgery?
What problems may arise after the procedure I plan on getting it in about 3-4 years.

Is it safe?...

Can eye color change for Indians? (naturally)?
I have dark brown eyes but wondering if I can change them naturally, no contacts or eye ...

How long does it usually take to get used to new glasses...just got progressive bifocals yesterday...?

Dad and contacts?
*sigh*
ok, so i'm 13 years old, and I've had glasses since 6th grade.
I also have extremely bad vision [-6 in both eyes]

anyway, i've been talking to my parents ...

Twich on my eyelid is PISSING ME OFF!?
ok my left eyelid (top) is twitching and has been doing so for a couple days now
i dont really think im nervous--why would i be!!??
i dont drink coffee i hate it-
Additional Details

How to get glas out of your eye?
yesterday i broke a lightbulb and some of the glass went into my eyes, its really irritating is there any where to get it out without visiting an eye docter and is it dangerous its been in my eye for ...

Colors seem richer in one eye vs. the other?
I've noticed that colors seem richer in one eye and not so much with my other one. Does anyone else have this "problem"?
Additional Details
Actually, this has been going ...

Eye problems?
i have a yellow dot on each eye, on the inside of the eye, is it something i should be worried about?...

I peed the bed and i need to know whats a good way to clean it up fast before my friend comes over?
I know its embarrasing because im 14 but its not my fault....

For colored contacts, do they come in different sized "pupil holes?"?

Additional Details
I am talking about opaque colored contacts, the ones that completely change the color of your irises....

Am I having eyes problem?
- I can hardly read signs when I'm far from them.
- I seem to be always softly dazzled, even when the light is low.
- My vision seems to be like vibrating when I'm looking far ...

Gordita Gringo
Contact Lense Help...?
I have been trying for weeks to get my contact lenses into my eye... are there people out there who just can't do it or am I the only one? My scrip is only -0.5 and sometimes I think it's just not worth it anyway... I only really need my glasses when I am out doors... I mainly wanted them so I can wear cool sunglasses and also change the color of my eyes... advice please...

1935mnm
Rating
I had a hard time at first putting in contacts. It may be tough at first, but you most likely will get used to it. Make sure the contacts are clean and wet or it may hurt. With practice and determination it will become an easy everyday thing.
Keep at it!

Nature
It's hard for awhile. I think it took me a good 3 weeks before I got real good at it, but now it's nothing to me. You have to learn to trust yourself touching your eye.

popeye
Rating
man i wear contact lenses myself. I hate it. I know its wrong but I leave mine in for weeks at a time. I have disposals so i just throw them away. If i was you I would look into laser eye surgery. Im joining the military that is one thing that I am looking foward to getting done.

sofitch1065
Rating
much much muchhhhhh practice if your a person who has trouble with them. eventually youll get faster and it will be easier and better.

Devlin
Rating
First of all, your prescription is certainly VERY light. If you're looking to wear contacts so that you can wear sunglasses you might be able to get away without wearing them on at all. I know prescription sunglasses can get really expensive but sometimes you can get better lenses out of them than you can out of over the counter sunglasses. If you go to where you purchased the contacts, you should be able to be trained in how to put them on. If there's no one there to train you then they are not licensed to be selling contact lenses and they are operating illegally. If you're hell-bent on doing it yourself, here's how I trained people when I worked in optical.
1. Make sure that you have plenty of solution handy and plenty of paper towels. **DO NOT USE TISSUES** Tissues will leave lint on the contact lens and that will scratch your eyes way too much.
2. Try sitting when you first learn to get the contacts in. This seems to make people much more comfortable and you can get into a good position for the insertion.
3. Get a mirror in front of you that is at least the size of your hand, and if you can one that magnifies.
4. Start by holding your lower eyelid down with your middle finger and touch the sclera (white portion of your eye) with your index finger. If you can do this, then you can put contacts in.
5. Next you'll want to practice(take your time) holding your hand in place as you did in the previous step, while bringing your other hand over the top to hold open your upper lid with the middle finger of the opposite hand.
6. Practice moving your finger as close as you can without touching. (keep in mind that when you put the contact lens in you won't be looking at your finger).
7. Get the lens wet with the contact lens solution and make sure that you have the correct shape. It should look like a bowl and NOT have flared out edges.
8. Place the contact lens on the index finger of the hand that is holding down the lower lid and hold down the lower lid, then hold open the upper lid.
9. Slowly move the contact lens as close to your eye as possible without blinking excessively. Before you get to close you will need to look up. Place the contact lens on the eye and slowly push in(but not hard). You'll feel bubbles of air escape from underneath the contact lens. Keep your upper hand in place and let go of the lower lid.
10. Look towards the location of where the contact lens is until it feels like it fits. Then release your upper hand.
11. Blink and if should stay in place.

if this doesn't work, repeat steps 7-11

I know it's a lot--but if you like wearing contacts, then the work is worth it. Once you've mastered the steps above you'll slowly start learning different ways that are much faster.

Also remember these helpful steps--
**Good contact lens hygiene will keep you from an eye infection which is VERY painful.
**Always take your contact lens out at night and put them in solution in the contact lens case that comes with most solutions.
**Wearing your contacts for too long can cause the protein of the eye to build up and harden over the edges of the eye. The only way to get the contact lens off at that point is by surgery. You'll never scream more in your life then at that point.
**Always wash your hands before and after putting the contacts in. Your eye is very receptive to disease and bacterial infections, so keep it clean.
**You can get two huge bottles of solution for less than $10. So when you take the contacts out of the case, empty it and allow it to air dry. Replace the solution after every use of the case. The appointment for the Dr to get antibiotics for an eye infection can run you up over $100. Which sounds cheaper to you?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy