Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

Are carrots actually good for your eye's ?
is this a myth or is it true ?!...

If you had a eye ?
we all kown we have two eye,s if we was given a other eye where you you put and why?...

Contacts or Glasses?
I have been using glasses for 5 years now. Im starting to think of contacts. Which one do u like better? How long does it take to get contacts (from time u asked for contacts to time u got them) ?<...

What happens when you close your eyes too long while wearing contacts?
I started wearing contacts about a month ago. I know that you're not supposed to sleep with them on, but what really happens? Do they roll into the back of your head? Because that is my biggest ...

What color are your eyes?

At what age did you first need glasses?
Do you like wearing them or do you hate it?
I've needed them for long-sightedness since I was 15, which is 5 years. I don't mind them as mine are really comfy so I forget I've got ...

What eye color do you guys prefer?
Anyone can answer.
Blue-green?
Brow?
Yellow-Green?
Hazel?
Additional Details
mine are blue...with like felcks of yellow and green.what color would you call that?...

Can putting lemon into my eye change color?
well can it.
good answers ...

What is this annoying thing i'm seeing?
Just a couple months, I noticed that sometimes i can see lil thing floating around in my vision. It's very tiny looks like lint but it's not. I'm on the computer a lot so I don't ...

Should I wear my contacts on a airplane??
The flight is 2 hours and 30 min. I know airplanes are dry. I will be flying Jet Blue so does the type of airplane effect the dryness of the air????...

I can't stop blinking my eyes.?
lately, for the past two days, i have been blinking soooo much. Like twice every second. Literally. It feels my eyes are cold, and there is constant blowing. Like its the feeling when you stick your ...

What's This Thing In My Eye?
I get this on and off, just these clear little gelly like things that float through my eye. They don't hurt or anything, I just can't see through them. They move too, I can get them out ...

Favourite Eye Colour?
Whats ur fave eye colour my eyes are a dark hazel green & i luv Bright blue eyes

So whats ur fave eye colour?...

Why is there more than one type of colour for eyes?

I see streaks of white light in my left eye?
kk wel this is like the 6 time happening in 1 year. i was at school (im 13) and all of the sudden i see little white moving lights in my left eye (its like a sawrm of insects) but it goes away in ...

Can i get lasik eye surgery if im 12 about 2 b 13?
i will b 13 on september 5th....

Glasses vs contacts?
I have astigmatism and slight nearsightdness. I have both glasses and contacts, but was wondering why I see better through my glasses. With my contacts, it sometimes is blurry especially up close, ...

Do you wear glasses?

Glasses or contacs?
which is more expensive: prescription glasses or ...

Putting contacts in my eyes?
just tried contacts and the opticians was quite impatient making comments about how i was the third person in his 10yr career who couldn't do it straightaway, obviously this made me feel worse,i ...

insanityisfun1212
Can people who are born blind see their dreams?

dont run from dis
Rating
of course not
dere is a reason y dey are blind

dey dont dream
dey dont sleap
so shut up

PeachesHoneyBlossom
yes...........dreams are illusions

victoria:]
dude that is a cool question. i never even thought of that, im guessing yes . . .

ash.wri
Rating
whoa thats a cool question.

i dont know,but im guessing yes.

mda
Yes,probably, because dreams are from your imaginition, and also when people who can see dream, they have their eyes closed so I don't think being blind would have any eefect on being able to see dreams.

sweetie29
Yes why not?You cannot see dreams.It is a matter of thinking and acquiering something good for the future sake.

Maybe blind cannot see the result but they can feel it.
Many blind people they are succesful in their carrier and became excellent in the society.

dnnyo
Rating
they can only dream in black and white... not in color

shaungiles
they can but for example say in their dreams they tried to see humans they'd probably look nothing like what they acctually do cos they,ve never seen one b4. and thats the truth

updo
Rating
you get a star for that one

that was a neat question

and the answer is yes, I think

Marvin the Martian
Yes they can - Dreams come from the brain; not from the eyes.

D. Lightning
Rating
well here is my opinion, im sure the doo see their dreams, but what they are seeing in their dreams i do wonder, since they dont exactly know what any thing looks like exactly, cus all the can do is get a basica idea of shape by touching and feeling things.. so they may have strange looking dreams..

kessi k
Rating
you don't see dreams they are pic in your mind they have nothing to do with eyes everybody dreams every second of every night

Faerifay
Yes, they hear and feel and travel with the sences they have other than sight.

loveydoveyducky
Yes. everyone has their minds eye.

Marissa
Rating
Hmm...I never really thought about that! I am assuming yes...but I guess you would never know unless you actually asked someone who was born blind...?

Burns
Rating
Yes.

igot2muchattitude
Of coarse, they can imagine what things look like, they have an imagination just like you or me:-)

Sunsets and Roses
Rating
They can't visualize it because the ydon't know what it would look like, but they know what they want.

jilopa
I've been told yes! As they see in life.

+ khalid +
Rating
WOW! that is a good question!
no realy i am not kidding.
you asked about people WHO ARE BORN BLINDS, so they dont know what do COLORS mean?!
also they dont know sky, sea, sun, clouds,water....... etc.

ok, i am sharing u this quistion.
sorry 4 not answering, but i really taken by the quistion.
hope u find the answer.... :-)

korbonski
no, because they dont have an inkling as to what it is to see

chapped lips
Rating
I've acctually asked this question before. I guess great minds think alike.
Everybody dreams, blind or not. Blind people, who are blind from birth, that is, do not see their dreams. They rely on the senses of hearing, smelling and touch. Everyone has a few dominant sense when they dream. For most people it is visual and audio. For those that are deaf, it's sight and touch. For those who are blind, it's hearing and touch mostly, but some smelling. For those who are deaf and blind, they dream in touch and smell.

Pauler Reired
No, they wouldn't. Visual stimulus is necessary for the wiring of the brain centers that process and interpret vision. The way the brain works is to develop, early in life, a huge number of neural synapses (connection points between neurons that are used in cell-to-cell signalling). As you grow and learn, these synapses are pared away to make the brain function efficiently, and that's the central basis of long-term learning. However, if the brain or any part of it fails to get infromation from hard-wired inputs, then that part of the brain will atrophy (at best, fringe areas of a cortical region might be adopted by adjacent cortical regions for different processes). But the take-away message here is that the brain needs visual stimulus in order to devolp the cortical regions that process vision. In the use-it-or-lose-it sense, the brain will not waste energy building and maintaining processes that aren't used. The optical cortex would never know how to function as an optical cortex in a person born blind.

iz.zie87
yes, we can. but we dont see people, animals and things like you do. our imagination basically "invents" what we see in our dreams. plus, we apply our other senses (touch, smell, taste, hearing). lemme explain myself ><. if a blind kid thinks that he looks like a black, polka-dotted blob , whenever he sees himself in a dream, he'll see a black polka-dotted blob. or if thinks the sun is a white watery square, when he dreams of the sun, he'll see that. of course, youre prolly thinkin "well how would he know what a square or the color black looks like?", well, our dreams are really all in black and white. what do u think we're looking at when we cant see the world? we see one big black screen .and a dream (for a blind kid)is like a very deformed, out of perportion cartoon.obviously, when we grow up and learn what things look like, or when a little blind child touches people or flowers and realize the shape and texture of the object, what they see in they're dreams and what they imagine will start to change.

hope i helped!

Matt
Rating
probably, thats imagination, not sight

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy