Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

My Contacts and eyes getting worse!?
Somewhere i read that if you wear contacts, that it doesnt affect your eye vision. It keeps your vision the same. But that if you wear glasses, it just keeps making your eyesight worse. Don't ...

???
Can i still get glasses even though my eyes arent that bad?
my vision is getting worse but i dont think its that bad but will they still give me glasses, because my eyes are really hurting.
sometimes i just have to close them because they are bugging me

Chi-Town Chick!
Rating
if they hurt i don't think glasses is the solution. i have glasses that i use to see the chalkboard from far away but thats it. i hope you feel better! but i think a visit to the doctor is your best bet.

xbone
If your doctor finds a prescription that improves your vision, they will give you that prescription. It is up to you to decide whether or not to get the glasses. Some people get glasses for fashion even though they don't need them. So, yes, you can get glasses whenever you want.

If you are farsighted (need glasses to read, i.e. straining your eyes to read), I highly recommend that you get and wear the glasses.

If you are nearsighted, your tolerance of the blur is what will determine whether you will want the glasses.

manders
Rating
yep.im a little short-sighted & i wear glasses only when i need to eg. driving, watching tv etc. i can see pretty clear, but you dont realise how much strain youre putting on your eyes till your head starts to hurt. if your vision is blurry (& its not just your eyes being sore) see an optometrist before it gets any worse

Star City Girl
Yes you can. If your eyes are hurting like they are dry or itchy maybe you should get some drops. But if they are hurting because you feel like you are straining them to see clearly then you should go and get glasses soon because if your constantly struggling to see well then they may get worse before you know it!!!

carmen h
Rating
I work for an Eye Doctor as an Eye Technician. The only way for you to really know if you will need glasses is to go in for an eye examination. Some people don't realize how bad their eye sight is until they come in to see the Eye Doctor. People learn to "adjust" as thier vision gets worse. It sounds like you are straining your eyes which can cause you some pain. And you just admitted that your eyesight is getting worse.Even if your eyesight is not that bad you may still be a candidate for eyeglasses. Only the Doctor you see can be the judge of that. Sounds like you need to make an appointment and get that checked out.... Eyeglasses today can be really cute and stylish!! If it turns out that you do need to have glasses you will feel so releived to be able to see!!!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy