Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

How to convince my mom to get me contacts?
im 13 and my mom thinks im wayy to young for contacts,
i hate wearing glasses all the time.
My mom recently got surgery for her eyes so she can see better.I really like makeup but i have to ...

Blurry vision?
i'm 19 and i've had perfect vision my whole life - but recently every once in a while everything gets blurry ...

what could be causing this? how can i fix it? do eating carrots ...

How can you make someone become un-emo . . . can you?
I have a freind and she has just become emo. Is there any way i can make her not be emo any more?...

My eye(again)?
For a few hours, the corner of my eye by my nose has been twitching (best word I could think of) It's getting kind of annoying. Is there something wrong with my eye? I asked this before but only ...

Should I or should I not use tap water to rinse my contact lens case?
The instructions I got from the doctor/hospital say to rinse them w/ tap water and let air dry after every use, but the instructions w/ the solution (renu multiplus) say to rinse w/ solution and ...

Is it possible for a persons eye colour to change often?
I know eye colour can change early on in life, but can a persons eye colour change after that?

A colleague has been told that a friend of a friend has eyes that change colour depending on ...

Anyone have contacts? (Details below)?
Well i got glasses..i hate them so much and i was gonna get Lasek, but my dad told me not to waste my money because it doesnt work completely, but he suggested contacts, which is my second choice. W...

Changing contact lenses' brand and having problems?
I've used contact lenses (Acuvue Toric) for about 12 years. I've never experiment discomfort or any problem.
Today the optometrist changed the brand to a new one (I didn't get the ...

Scratched cornea?
Today, when i woke up, i rubbed my eyes kind of hard.
Now i see a small gray-ish line that moves with my left eye when i look at something white, like a piece of paper.
What is it? Will it ...

Falling asleep wearing your contacts?
I am nearsighted and have been wearing contacts for years because I don't like glasses. I am really good about cleaning them etc. but once in a while I'll fall asleep wearing them. It'...

What is an easy way to put on contacts?
I just started and is really hard for me. Help?...

Can you explode your eyes by closing them very tight?

Got my contacts yesterday...?
I know the whole spiel. Six hours today... yadda yadda yadda...

My question is, do I have to change the cleaner in the holders right now? Or should I wait until later when I'm not ...

Cost of laser eye treatment??
They say prices start from 395 per eye, but could people that have had it done tell me how much they actually paid for it?...

Wearing contacts?
is it bad to wear my coloured contacts under my prescribed contacts. if i wear just my coloured contacts i can't see. and i need to wear these coloured ones this weekend and want to noe if its ...

I have astigmatism?
I have pretty bad astigmatism and have hard contacts, they really hurt. I want to know if I can wear soft contacts?...

Can lasik harm your eyes?
so im planning on getting lasik (laser eye surgery) i just wanted to know if there is any stories out there of mistake on this surgery like people going blind or machine screwing up, im very scare ...

How do I know if my contacts are inside out?
My doctor gave me new contacts - acuvue advance for astigmatism- because the ones I used before dried my eyes a lot. So the new ones are VERY soft and they roll all the time. The old ones weren'...

I keep seeing little black blobs floating in front of my eyes?
and when i try to focus on the they move, normally to the right, what does this mean?
Additional Details
yeahh im short sighted, well i need glasses to see far away i dunno if thats ...

What happens when you get a eye exam?
I want grey or hazel contact lenses..but they said i need to get a eye exam..im kind of nervous and my friend keeps telling me that they are going to stick something in my eye lol..is that true?...

chumptheory
Can getting elbowed in the eye blind you?
Well I was playing some basketball today, and got elbowed in the eye pretty bad by accident. Its black now but I can still see, its just swolen. I was wondering if this will impact my vision?
Additional Details
Well I don't want to go to the doc if its no big deal. The only thing he will do is charge me a couple hundred and tell me to take it easy. Its not badly swolen just kinda red and it kinds hurts when I blink, but I dont see any floaters or such.

?
Rating
not likely! but if you get hit hard enough you can most definitely go blind if your eye doesnt get better after 3 days do to the doc unless you have bad pain go sooner. but if the swelling goes down and the discoloration get better dont even sweat it just ice it as much as possible.

CwizDom
Rating
the actual impact could have done several things..aside from visual differences damage could have occured in the eye. The best thing to do if concerned is to check with an optomologist simple eye test could reveal potentially huge damag, such as detatched retina, if not treated it could result in blindness in the eye.

?
the body is a remarkable thing..it will recover its full potential even though we abuse it.
i dont think your vision has been affected if that was the case say from a torn retina you would be aware if it by this.
dodge those elbows....

kevinmccleanblack
you probably will be fine
How ever there is a chance in the future that the retina can detach from this type of eye injury.
Which can be fixed with surgery you will know as in your vision you will see dark bits like a raggy blind appearing at top or bottom of eye

alwaysmoose
Rating
Unless it was sharp like a Mutombo elbow, no. The worst case scenario from a blunt trauma to the eye is that usually you will fracture the floor of your orbital bone.

Kella G
Rating
Unlikely. The eye is remarkably resilient. HOWEVER - any impact to the eye area requires medical attention. You really need to get this checked by a doctor

Bret C
Rating
You can go blind from getting elbowed in the eye, but it would take a very hard blow to do this. If you are not having any vision problems, then you should be ok. I would consult a doctor if you start to notice problems though.

Pete
Anything is possible, and I would suggest you get a medical check-up, just to be sure

dee smiley
Rating
Unfortunately, that is a possibility. If you can, you should see an ophthalmologist after that type of injury. DEFINITELY go if you experience loss of vision, decreased vision, black spots, or a curtain or veil over the vision. Those are symptoms of a detached retina. It's likely that you are fine, but it doesn't hurt to check it out.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, October 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy