Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

I think there's sand stuck in my eye?
I went to the beach yesterday, and when I came back I felt something in one of my eyes. I literally stretched my eye out to see if I could find what's in there, but I don't see anything. I ...

Can u become short-sighted??
or r u born with it????...

Am i too young for contacts?
im 15 and i need vision help. i dont like glasses, so i really want contacts. but my mom thinks im too young, even though a ton of people at my high school has them. am i too young?...

Did any had gone for a laser eye surgery?
if so tell me the whole story and i am a brave ...

Why do I see (a) black squiggly line(s) when I look around with my right eye?
Every time I move my eye, I see this thing. I try to center it, but it moves with my eye. Is there something "stuck" in my eye that I can get out? Sometimes, I will see more than one, ...

I lost my contact case, so I put my contacts in a little container overnight with no solution in them?
Now they're kind of shriveled looking, and they're hard. (They're soft lenses.) If I get my solution and put some on them, will they go back to normal?...

Red eye problem?
hi, i am 24yo. and last few days my eye is red and it stays red. First it was my left eye. Only the left side of left eye. i can see the red vain. it feels dry . And last 2 days my right eye has the ...

Suggestions on getting use to glasses for the first time?
I got glasses for the first time, and when I put them on, it makes me dizzy & such. Any suggestions on how I can get use to them a little at a time? I'm not sure if it makes a difference, ...

Eye problem!!!Help!!!!?
When i yawn my tears temporarily lubricate my eyes. Although this lasts only about 2 seconds my eyes are at 20/20 vision when it happens, my eyes itch and i have a gritty sensation when i wake up in ...

I'm 45 years of age and looking for a straight answer of eye color.?
I have three siblings, all of them have blue eyes except for me. I've begun to find that it is almost impossible for parents that both have blue eyes could have a child with green hazel eyes. ...

Could this be conjunctivites?
Yesterday morning my right eye started huting. Later on it started to water alot and this morning i couldnt open it when i woke up. I bathed it and its still sore. Now my left eye is starting to hurt....

What makes peoples eyes change colors?
Does everyone's eyes change colors to a certain degree with some just being more noticable than others?...

Christmas gift ideas for newly blind family member...?
I am brand new to this site and unsure how I am supposed to do this, but a family member recently lost her eyesight. Obviously this is devastating for her, what is an idea for a thoughtful gift idea ...

Ways to make me wear my glasses?
i have glasses for a while and i just dont like them but i need to put them on to see clearly, but there this other side of me that stopping me from wearing it for a long time because im afraid what ...

How much does it cost to get a pair glasses prescirbed?
Okie..
I just ordered a green pair of emos online and it came in the mail yesterday..
I was planning to get it prescirbed (-6.00 im blind i know)
how much do you guys think it will ...

Seeing promblems?
i have trouble seeing the writing on the bord at school and also seeing the colour red on the bord do you think i need glasses ? and is their anything to make my eyes better?
thanks ...

Eye Floaters?
Ok ever sisne i was young i remember seeing a dot and following in my eye intill i dissapread but they always went away wether they went away or i forgot about them i dunno.But im 15 And recently i ...

Can eye color change as we age?
JUST WONDERIN'...

If you only have one eye are you blinking or winking?

How do I get rid of the yellow out of my eyes?
I know that they are fatty tissues that cause that....

Adam
Can a 16 year old get lasik eye surgery?
I wanted to get lasik eye surgery when I turn 16 because I keep losing my contacts or am in to much of a rush to put them in.
I plan on paying for it myself.

But i'm unsure if I would be able to get it.

I am basically fully grown physically

If so would my mom need to sign a waiver?

Indigo
I've never heard of there being an age limit, but I will make one suggestion.

Definitely talk to your doctor. The last time I saw mine, without even asking about it I was told that I am *not yet* a candidate for it because my vision has not stopped changing. Supposedly if you get it done before it does, it will just keep changing and you will have wasted that much money. Too many people are not told that.

robin_blackmoor
Rating
no that is way too young, your eyes will keep changing for a long time. You need too have a stable prescription for over five years before it makes sense to do lasik

Nate
Hello

You must be 18 or old. They will not let you do it if your a minor even with parents permission.

meg420c
Rating
I am 24 years old and I have had to change my prescription 4 time since I started wearing contacts. Your eyesight can change up into your 40's, which means, if you have lasik surgery to correct your current vision, what happens when your vision changes yet again? Another lasik procedure? I can't imagine you would find a Opthamologist that would be willing to do the surgery on such a young patient. Just cuz your body is full grown doesn't mean it stops changing.

Misha
Rating
No, you cannot. You're eyes arent developed enough to handle it.

gustov
i think you are supposed to wait a little later becuase your prescription might still be changing

Dem Franchize
Rating
It is not that easy. As and adolescent/ teenager, the eyes are constantly changing, many times until you are about 18-20, and if you are to have the surgery done, your eyes will change and 6 months after the surgery (when you are still using the drops) you will have to have it reversed. That is no fun, and very expensive, as well as a risk to your visual health

Meggie W
Rating
I think you have to be in your 20's just because up until that age range your eye sight is still changing.

tiffanyr_2012
Rating
im 15 and i asked to get that done to my eyes
and the eye doctor said its best to wate till your eyes quit growing [about age 20-25]

rivasj27
They want you to wait until your atleast 18 and sometimes older. They want to make sure you stop growing before they make a permanant change in your eyes.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, November 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy